Options

Back to Camelot: Season 4 - Knights, Camelot, Agravaine!

Comments

• Options
    SmintSmint Posts: 4,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laurence Olivier is the definitive Henry V for me, but I actually prefer Tom Hiddleston to Richard Burton (probably sacrilege!)

And I prefer the "Once more unto the breach" speech to the St Crispin's Eve one :D

I couldn't find a clip from The Hollow Crown, but he performs it here
  • Options
    NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enough with all this cultured talk of Shakespeare!* I've found a new favourite ice bucket challenge: here :D

*Actually Smint when are we going to see Shakespeare in Love?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natarhi wrote: »
    Enough with all this cultured talk of Shakespeare!* I've found a new favourite ice bucket challenge: here :D

Her parents must be SO proud :D
    *Actually Smint when are we going to see Shakespeare in Love?

4th October :)

Eoin's back in the USA to film The Wedding Invitation . . . and *sob* singing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smint wrote: »
    Her parents must be SO proud :D
    Well I would be. :p
    4th October :)

Eoin's back in the USA to film The Wedding Invitation . . . and *sob* singing
    Thanks.

Oh Eoin. :( I assume he will just be miming in the film though, and if they have to have him singing for the track they can autotune it. So it should be safe to watch. ;)
  • Options
    MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I would be. :p

Thanks.

Oh Eoin. :( I assume he will just be miming in the film though, and if they have to have him singing for the track they can autotune it. So it should be safe to watch. ;)

Well, if you want. You could Autotune it yourself to your needs with Audacity. Antares still offers the plug-in free on their site. And, Audacity's been free. Installing it is a bit quirky but... you could modify Eoin's speech to say whatever you want! How's that for a dreadful thought? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikeAP001 wrote: »
    Well, if you want. You could Autotune it yourself to your needs with Audacity. Antares still offers the plug-in free on their site. And, Audacity's been free. Installing it is a bit quirky but... you could modify Eoin's speech to say whatever you want! How's that for a dreadful thought? :o

Oh the fun I could have with that! :D

Nice interview with Eoin here :)
  • Options
    Lem_1Lem_1 Posts: 423
    Forum Member

BIB - I'm just not going down that road as I dread to think what you'd come up with!:o

As for Nat's ice bucket link, I hope your children are much better behaved than that Nat, but it made me laugh!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You have to get it Smint, then you can make us all a special clip for Christmas. ;-):D

Thanks for the interview link.
    Lem_1 wrote: »
    As for Nat's ice bucket link, I hope your children are much better behaved than that Nat, but it made me laugh!
    It makes me laugh every time I watch it. :D My children definitely don't speak like that, but for the record I don't think she's badly behaved; it's just a little potty mouth, not really harming anyone (not that you'd get that impression from reading the comments *roll eyes*)
  • Options
    myselfandimyselfandi Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Testament of Youth will have its world premiere at the 58th BFI London Film Festival. One of the guests in attendance will be (drum roll please) Colin Morgan!

Going to take time out from your theatre schedule to check out Mr Morgan and his flick?
  • Options
    Avi8Avi8 Posts: 3,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myselfandi wrote: »
    Testament of Youth will have its world premiere at the 58th BFI London Film Festival. One of the guests in attendance will be (drum roll please) Colin Morgan!

Going to take time out from your theatre schedule to check out Mr Morgan and his flick?

Stupid BFI got the wrong war in the title but never mind.

Oh I didn't realise this was going to be a film. Last time I saw TOY on screen it was a tv series and I rather assumed this version was going to be the same. But, either way, yes I definitely want to see this, with or without the delectable Colin. Pity it is being shown the week after I am in London. It would have been fantastic to have been able to fit it in with our trip to see Shakespeare in Love.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oooh, I might try. :D Are there any big names in it? Getting tickets to the film festival can be a bit hit and miss, basically if it's a big film you haven't got a chance unless you're a member (which my sister used to be but she is not any more).
  • Options
    RazzylewRazzylew Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh, I might try. :D Are there any big names in it? Getting tickets to the film festival can be a bit hit and miss, basically if it's a big film you haven't got a chance unless you're a member (which my sister used to be but she is not any more).

It's got Kit Harrington in it (Jon Snow from Game of Thrones). Does that count as a big name?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Razzylew wrote: »
    It's got Kit Harrington in it (Jon Snow from Game of Thrones). Does that count as a big name?
    Well it makes me want to see it more. ;) Having looked at Avi's link it's one of the Gala performances (the one with Colin attending) which means it's very unlikely there'll be any tickets left by the time public booking opens, galas sell out fast. :( It might be possible to get tickets to one of the other two showings but I'll be at work on those days.
  • Options
    myselfandimyselfandi Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Having looked at Avi's link it's one of the Gala performances (the one with Colin attending) which means it's very unlikely there'll be any tickets left by the time public booking opens, galas sell out fast. :( It might be possible to get tickets to one of the other two showings but I'll be at work on those days.

Oh, that's too bad. :( According to The Telegraph, ToY has a release date of Jan. 16, 2015 so at least you can see it after that. Alicia Vikander was wonderful in 'A Royal Affair' so I expect she'll be able to keep up the men easily.

On the Rupert front, he's going to be in a radio play for BBC Radio Scotland called 'Half My Age Plus Seven.' Wendy Wason is the writer and she tweeted about the cast here. Rupert is still rocking the short hair and clean-shaven look. humph, guess it doesn't matter on radio. ps Eoin and Tom should give Rupert pointers on how to use twitter for pr. js.
  • Options
    Lem_1Lem_1 Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Oh, new project for Colin with PTerry - exciting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/corporate2/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/r4-good-omens
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, that's too bad. :( According to The Telegraph, ToY has a release date of Jan. 16, 2015 so at least you can see it after that. Alicia Vikander was wonderful in 'A Royal Affair' so I expect she'll be able to keep up the men easily.
    I will keep an eye on the tickets, but I'm not getting my hopes up. If we can't get to the première then maybe we can arrange a January meet up to see it. :)
    On the Rupert front, he's going to be in a radio play for BBC Radio Scotland called 'Half My Age Plus Seven.' Wendy Wason is the writer and she tweeted about the cast here. Rupert is still rocking the short hair and clean-shaven look. humph, guess it doesn't matter on radio. ps Eoin and Tom should give Rupert pointers on how to use twitter for pr. js.
    Yay Rupert! :D Hmmm, I wonder how one goes about listening to BBC Radio Scotland.
    Lem_1 wrote: »
    Radio all round. That does sound good, I like Neil Gaiman. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell! Proof (if it were needed) that Eoin Macken is a god . . . he's only going to be playing Jesus :o

(Actually, it only says "a main part in" . . . but he really SHOULD be Jesus ;)

I wondered why he'd been out in Morocco - and was desperately hoping that it was NOTHING to do with Atlantis :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently he's going to playing the part of Antipas (which I thought was an Italian starter) . . . . but hopefully this means the beard and the swishy hair will be featuring prominently (even though he's playing a baddie) :D

Good cast though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell! Proof (if it were needed) that Eoin Macken is a god . . . he's only going to be playing Jesus :o

(Actually, it only says "a main part in" . . . but he really SHOULD be Jesus ;)

I wondered why he'd been out in Morocco - and was desperately hoping that it was NOTHING to do with Atlantis :D
    :o:o
    Apparently he's going to playing the part of Antipas (which I thought was an Italian starter) . . . . but hopefully this means the beard and the swishy hair will be featuring prominently (even though he's playing a baddie) :D

Good cast though!
    Yay!! Swishy hair and beard! :D:D:D *swoons at thought* ;-)
  • Options
    Keren-HappuchKeren-Happuch Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give my love to Colin tomorrow when you see him in his pants. :(:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give my love to Colin tomorrow when you see him in his pants. :(:cry:
    Will do. :D Sorry you couldn't come with us. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will do. :D Sorry you couldn't come with us. :(

How was it? Did the pants make an appearance?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How was it? Did the pants make an appearance?
    It was very good. :D We got to walk the red carpet, there were a group of people with a sign saying "you have done well young warlock", and Dominic West was right behind us (not quite as good as Colin or Kit would have been, but still). We got free chocolate in the cinema and they all came up on stage before the film, Smint and I have the pictures to prove it. Kit had his lovely curly hair and Colin was looking very smart in his suit, and had a beard, which surprisingly actually suited him.
    As for the film itself I thought it was excellent; beautifully shot and well acted all round, not sure I can say I enjoyed it as I spent basically the whole second half in tears :cry: but I would recommend seeing it. Colin looked very dashing in the film as well, and while we didn't get pants exactly there is a scene where they all go swimming and you get to see him stripping off-good chest action which had me thinking of you. ;-)

So yes, I say we should all go and see it when it's on general release, just don't expect it to be happy. :p

How are you anyway? How's all the work going?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Colin was looking very smart in his suit, and had a beard, which surprisingly actually suited him.

A....a WHAT?! :o I'll take your word for it that it looks good but I'm still having nightmares about that photo of him and Bradley with facial hair.
    As for the film itself I thought it was excellent; beautifully shot and well acted all round, not sure I can say I enjoyed it as I spent basically the whole second half in tears :cry: but I would recommend seeing it. Colin looked very dashing in the film as well, and while we didn't get pants exactly there is a scene where they all go swimming and you get to see him stripping off-good chest action which had me thinking of you. ;-)

So yes, I say we should all go and see it when it's on general release, just don't expect it to be happy. :p

Haha I don't expect anything Colin's in to be happy, especially if it's combined with WW1. I fully expect his character to die a slow, agonising death. I can cope with the death and misery though if it means I get to see Colin swimming. :D

I've got the book actually somewhere but I never read it, I'll have to get it out. I'm glad you both had a good time.
    How are you anyway? How's all the work going?

Oh don't ask, it's a disaster. Most people have finished their dissertations whereas I've barely started. :cry: I have got a long extension but I wish I wasn't so behind, it's my own fault though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A....a WHAT?! :o I'll take your word for it that it looks good but I'm still having nightmares about that photo of him and Bradley with facial hair.
    Well I liked it. You can judge for yourself, photo from the red carpet here. :D And article about it here.
    Haha I don't expect anything Colin's in to be happy, especially if it's combined with WW1. I fully expect his character to die a slow, agonising death. I can cope with the death and misery though if it means I get to see Colin swimming. :D

I've got the book actually somewhere but I never read it, I'll have to get it out. I'm glad you both had a good time.
    I wasn't expecting it to be happy, I knew what I was getting into. ;-) I've not read the book either, although my sister has it so I could borrow it.
    Oh don't ask, it's a disaster. Most people have finished their dissertations whereas I've barely started. :cry: I have got a long extension but I wish I wasn't so behind, it's my own fault though.
    Oh dear. :( I'm sure you'll get there, and you couldn't exactly help falling behind with the stuff you had going on.