Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• Options
    AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would gladly exchange Christmas in order to have a new single tomorrow lol
  • Options
    esesohsamesesohsam Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're playing Silent Night on Smooth Radio now
  • Options
    volume3dvolume3d Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It makes me wonder that maybe this article in the paper about it being half done is correct and this source soeplepel has is the one that's wrong? We've had nothing about the album from anyone official, so being half finished kinda makes sense?

we have nothing in last few months, not even random tweets like 'just saw leona in the studio where I work' that we used to get every time she was recording
    not a single press review of at least one or two songs we used to get months before album release
    not a single famous producer posted pict or tweet 'in studio with leona' (just Diane and Toby)

I'm sure they didn't demand 100% discretion of all people who are working on this project because its not really most anticipated album in the world, even some of Rihanna's album info leaked and I'm sure her team wants everything to stay secret
  • Options
    AlfonsoJuanesAlfonsoJuanes Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who still has hope the BTS comes out tmrw? :(
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If it's because that flop Twitter account said, then don't lol :p I have a feeling we won't as I think Leona would be hinting something
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She said she has something for us but we need to know when...

I already don't believe that flop Twitter account, but I have a feeling inside me that says myself she will release the BTS tmrw or next Friday, I don't know why... But I also think she will do it the most random day... a day when we don't have nothing to comment...

I don't know...

I just know the wait is killing every single Bun around the planet hahaha
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Buzzfeed think Leona should be cast in the Destiny's Child biopic lol http://www.buzzfeed.com/moniquemelendez/fantasycasting-the-destinys-child-biopic?bftw=main#.yxMD0k9n
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Buzzfeed think Leona should be cast in the Destiny's Child biopic lol http://www.buzzfeed.com/moniquemelendez/fantasycasting-the-destinys-child-biopic?bftw=main#.yxMD0k9n

I'd LOVE that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    I'd LOVE that!

Could be good exposure!
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    Hmm, I'm not too sure. Those sorts of movies always seem to get slated and she'd only have a very brief apperance appearing as the briefest DC member lol. Plus, don't expect any singing (the cast line-up = no singers except Leona lol). I'd rather Leona boost her profile releasing and promoting great music, which is just around the corner. :cool:
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It makes me wonder that maybe this article in the paper about it being half done is correct and this source soeplepel has is the one that's wrong? We've had nothing about the album from anyone official, so being half finished kinda makes sense?

I don't know, if they were only half way through then I doubt they would be releasing a behind the scenes video, as whats the point building up hype then not using it for the album release.

Ok they might be doing it to create hype for the single, but even then surely they wouldn't launch a single and only be half way through an album, that is risky and puts a lot of pressure on Leona to finish it, something she doesn't like.

It could be they want to keep everything secret and just come back with a bang. And as Soeplepel already said, Leona herself tweeted 'the paint is almost dry'.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hope it does and did think it would be this week, but I've thought it has been coming every week to be honest.

I think it will most likely be next week, maybe Christmas eve as a Christmas present. Though I always think, are people really paying attention around that time, wouldn't it be better to get it out a little early while people are slightly less busy. Most people are wrapped up in Christmas festivities at that point, no?

I am going to be gutted if we get nothing this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I hope it does and did think it would be this week, but I've thought it has been coming every week to be honest.

I think it will most likely be next week, maybe Christmas eve as a Christmas present. Though I always think, are people really paying attention around that time, wouldn't it be better to get it out a little early while people are slightly less busy. Most people are wrapped up in Christmas festivities at that point, no?

I am going to be gutted if we get nothing this year.

Was thinking this too... If it's before Christmas then I think they'll do it this weekend instead of on a work day. However, they've been uploading every single week on a Wednesday..

I'd be pretty annoyed if we didn't get anything this year :cry: Sarah said she was sure we'd get a surprise from Leona. I don't mind a O Holy Night/AIWFC video again tbh
  • Options
    VirtuosoVirtuoso Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    VirtuosoVirtuoso Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And this one :)https://uk.news.yahoo.com/12-lessons-ben-could-learn-220542157.html

Sorry if you've seen them already.
  • Options
    GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,203
    Forum Member
    Lol Leona would never do a duet with Minaj. She slammed Mariah once for her choice to constantly show off her body, can't imagine what she would say about Nicki :D And honestly, it would be a disaster. Leona's voice is so raw and deep and mature, Nicki's is just annoying (to me anyway). I would take her for the rap part if we were getting a good song like Trouble (only for the hype) but if we are talking about something like Anaconda, no, I wouldn't want to see Le embarassing herself like that :P I am not a hater, I love Nicki if she loves Leona but I just can't take her seriously enough. Why dont we book Eminem if we want a rapper for a song like I love the way you lie? :P ( now I am mad again on SYCO for having Childish Gambino and not taking the best out of him. What a horrible, horrible label )
  • Options
    geraldbaezgeraldbaez Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sucks not having any official info. So basically nothing is guaranteed at this point. :(

I actually would love a collab with Nicki as long as the lyrics are something Leona is comfortable with. I think she's the best female rapper!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clyde 1 has played it, it has 500k listeners

and all Magic stations have played it again
  • Options
    joeseeksjoeseeks Posts: 1,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame she's down to #91 on iTunes, her lowest in 2 weeks. Annoyingly instead of making OMS 59p, iTunes made another bunch of songs 59p and they've in turn all zoomed/zooming past Leona. :( Real shame. Thought she'd enter the 50s this week, but looks as though she'll chart lower than 80 this week. Was 83 in yesterday's midweeks.

Still not under in the top 200 on Spotify, which is really shocking (to the point I feel as if it must be wrong?) OMS was thrown under the bus by not being included in spotify's Pop Party Playlist.

It's the 84th most Shazamed track yet is doing nothing on streaming. Odd.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe next year she'll be in the 59p batch. The fact she's getting continuing airplay again is a success in itself. Long Live Heart. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So silent this today :/
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    So silent this today :/

:( I know...

Anyway I absolutely enjoyed this old school performance of Christmas (BPCH) by Darlene Love. I WISH Leona'd perform this song. I remember I instantly fell in love with her version when I heard snippets of Christmas With Love.

BTW I see Darlene's and Leona's fashion sense is pretty similar lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUCjOpcK_LE
  • Options
    MartijnxoxMartijnxox Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    What a slow day damn
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OMS was just on 4Music :)
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    How the hell is it possible that Rita Whora was singing at the Christmas in Washington for Obama?
    I don't wanna live on this planet anymore. :(
This discussion has been closed.