Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    How the hell is it possible that Rita Whora was singing at the Christmas in Washington for Obama?
    I don't wanna live on this planet anymore. :(

Honestly, don't even get me started on her.
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    I believe the recording process is over. There'd be some tweets from producers/songwriters/Leona/Sarah if they'd be still recording. Like "The girl is killin'it in the studio now!!!" Or "Had a writing session for LL".

I really think we're getting behind the scene video this or next week before Christmas and then the whole compaign will start in the first half of January. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    VirtuosoVirtuoso Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How the hell is it possible that Rita Whora was singing at the Christmas in Washington for Obama?
    I don't wanna live on this planet anymore. :(

Right, I once said something about the upper end of Ella Henderson's range and it got removed and people gave me hassle for it. I actually don't like Rita Ora at all but why do people get to be sexist against Rita Ora and I can't make a technical comment about Ella's vocal range?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Virtuoso wrote: »
    Right, I once said something about the upper end of Ella Henderson's range and it got removed and people gave me hassle for it. I actually don't like Rita Ora at all but why do people get to be sexist against Rita Ora and I can't make a technical comment about Ella's vocal range?

That's the beauty of life babe.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Virtuoso wrote: »

It just depends if someone reports the comment or not, both are off topic and really shouldn't be said in here, but if no one reports it, it won't be removed.

Someone must have reported your comment to get it removed.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And also is it just me who has moved on from OMS this year? I am done with it, its not dong anything amazing this year and I have accepted that now, disapointed but it is what it is.

Hopefully next year Leona will have loads of success, which will help the song rise and radio will want to play her more, plus it will surely be added to Christmas Compilations and playlists on streaming sites.

I do honestly believe though because of the countdown radio are reluctant to play it too much, until we are really close.
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    And also is it just me who has moved on from OMS this year? I am done with it, its not dong anything amazing this year and I have accepted that now, disapointed but it is what it is.

Hopefully next year Leona will have loads of success, which will help the song rise and radio will want to play her more, plus it will surely be added to Christmas Compilations and playlists on streaming sites.

I do honestly believe though because of the countdown radio are reluctant to play it too much, until we are really close.

Same here, I don't mind the position it's now. It's done good on its own. Mariah promoted her song every year, even this year so it's normal she charts higher.

Maybe Leona will eventually perform it again but I think the main focus is on her next album and since she got sick last year she can't afford to lose her voice now.

I also think it will be played more closer to Xmas
  • Options
    Forum Member

I agree with this.
    I like hearing it on the radio, I like seeing it on iTunes, I like seeing it on TV, but it's not a new single at the end of the day. As much as I like seeing it rise on iTunes, it isn't exactly bothering me when it drops.

Like it was voted #1 on that VIVA Greatest Christmas Song Of All Time show presented by Rylan and it's definitely been remembered again this year. It's done REALLY well for a song that was released last year. It's fitted in well with all the classics of 20/30 years ago.

The only thing I would say has annoyed me has been that Capital hasn't played it (yet). Especially now she's with Island and I thought there was some kind of Global radio connection, but it's not the end of world. I'd rather they played her new single lol. I just hope it's not an indication of the new era. Like if they have already heard her new single and are planning on playing it, you'd expect them to give OMS a few spins as a sort of warm up.
  • Options
    pokerfaceLelepokerfaceLele Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It doesn't surprise me to be honest that One More sleep doesn't get a huge amount of plays. Leona hasn't been very present in recent times and most people only seem to know her for Run or her previous songs.
    I don't expect Leona to shoot to no1 with her new album and single, as a fan I don't want to put any kind of pressure on her. She has been away for very long, so a very good song and great management alone won't assure that the song will become a monster hit. The new Album will rather give her the chance to position her in the relevant market again.
  • Options
    joeseeksjoeseeks Posts: 1,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching OMS progress is just something to tide us over while we wait for new news.

Anyway, I think it is doing fine. Sure, it could be doing better. But it's odds were against it when only 1 major station decided to give it regular spins, no compilations featured it, it wasn't discounted and isn't on any Spotify playlists.

But it's 83 in today's midweeks, so against all those odds, I'd say it's doing great to return to the top 100 for multiple weeks. It's fun and interesting to see the progress, it's already been a hit so I wouldn't get TOO disappointed when it drops, it's bound to rise up again anyway. It's great to hear ANY Leona song on the radio, at the moment.

I am gagging to hear a lead single from here though. COME ON!
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    I agree with this.
    I like hearing it on the radio, I like seeing it on iTunes, I like seeing it on TV, but it's not a new single at the end of the day. As much as I like seeing it rise on iTunes, it isn't exactly bothering me when it drops.

Like it was voted #1 on that VIVA Greatest Christmas Song Of All Time show presented by Rylan and it's definitely been remembered again this year. It's done REALLY well for a song that was released last year. It's fitted in well with all the classics of 20/30 years ago.

The only thing I would say has annoyed me has been that Capital hasn't played it (yet). Especially now she's with Island and I thought there was some kind of Global radio connection, but it's not the end of world. I'd rather they played her new single lol. I just hope it's not an indication of the new era. Like if they have already heard her new single and are planning on playing it, you'd expect them to give OMS a few spins as a sort of warm up.

WHAT??! Where's proof?

I know it probably doesn't seem like a big thing but reaching #1 out of all the other Christmas songs?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    @leonalewis: I rehearsed some of my new songs last night. I'm going to share something with you on Friday ☺

OMG finally!!!!
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    OMG! I wonder if it will be a live stream of her performing some of the songs!?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Yesssssss, something! Cannot wait for Friday! A song snippet or something I guess
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg Im So Not Ready!!!!
  • Options
    joeseeksjoeseeks Posts: 1,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yaaaaas
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im shaking with excitement! :D:D:D
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LittleDuck wrote: »
    OMG finally!!!!

Friday now seems a long way off :(
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant news, so excited to hear whatever it is on Friday. Surely album must be nearly finished, going to be a good xmas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LittleDuck wrote: »
    OMG finally!!!!

OMG I hope it's a studio performance and they will upload it on youtube! :o:o:o:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG I hope it's a studio performance and they will upload it on youtube! :o:o:o:o:o

She rehearsed so probably live stream :D

edit: wait, I read that wrong. Yes could be in the studio like Trouble, Come Alive :D
  • Options
    MartijnxoxMartijnxox Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Omg omg omg, only 2 more days till we FINALLY have something.
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    Well she mentioned rehearsed songs...so my guess is that it must be her singing said new songs! OMGness!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yesssssssssssssssssssss :D:D:D
  • Options
    AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg I Need To Calm Down I Am So Not Ready For This
This discussion has been closed.