Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leaklele said we'd get a teaser tonight and full video of Behind the scenes on friday
    He said HEYA/Stay is on the album.

We didn't get anything tonight and friday we're getting what it seems to be a video of performances. HEYA/Stay isn't on the album apparently.

He did say we'd get a video of her singing songs (not the single) and that looks about right...
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Leaklele said we'd get a teaser tonight and full video of Behind the scenes on friday
    He said HEYA/Stay is on the album.

We didn't get anything tonight and friday we're getting what it seems to be a video of performances. HEYA/Stay isn't on the album apparently.

He did say we'd get a video of her singing songs (not the single) and that looks about right...

Maybe the teaser is Leona teasing something is coming on Friday, unless he meant an actual video teaser, did he specify?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Maybe the teaser is Leona teasing something is coming on Friday, unless he meant an actual video teaser, did he specify?

Oh wait.. Now you say this, lemme check
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I... I.... I.... Just don't know what to say. :o

I'm too excited! This is like the best thing I've read all week haha, I'm guessing they're gonna start with some performances to get the word out she's doing new stuff them launch the single in the New Year, Imagine if they premiered it a week after the videos!! :o:o
  • Options
    pokerfaceLelepokerfaceLele Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, reading this forum is just like watching a thrilling movie on television Looool.
    So many unexpected turns and exciting storylines looool. :D

OMGGGGGG, We will get something this Friday. I can't believe my eyes :o:o:o:o:o

Soooo exciteddddddddddd. PRAISEEEE THEEEE LAWDDDD
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He said we might hear a live version or snippet of the single before end of this year so keep an eye on her isntagram.

Can't find the thing about the teaser anymore...

Anyway, there is something coming in January that will prove if he's lying. Until then I can't tell because I promised not to
  • Options
    Mike91Mike91 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm starting to get really excited. I really feel like it could happen for her this time around. Her team seems completely dedicated and everything.

If she was on SYCO, my level of excitement would be about 0 right now because we all already know how her eras went with them (lead single underperforms due to lack of effort and then the era is over a month later).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    NOOOO! This level of hype is not fair!! How could you do this, Leona??? Not when we still have to wait for the full album! Hahahaha. I can't even deal. What even is life?

What time do I have to be up if it's a live stream? Will they take it down if it gets uploaded on youtube and I might miss it? So many questions. Can't handle this. Hahahaha.
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    He said we might hear a live version or snippet of the single before end of this year so keep an eye on her isntagram.

Can't find the thing about the teaser anymore...

Anyway, there is something coming in January that will prove if he's lying. Until then I can't tell because I promised not to

A live version?

Guys....I think he's right? :O
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seriously though....I can't believe this era kicks off on Friday.
  • Options
    IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    Maybe it will be some kind of acoustic performances or something like that? Maybe that's what #Sessions is all about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe it will be some kind of acoustic performances or something like that? Maybe that's what #Sessions is all about.

OMG! It's so exciting.

Imagine if she sings like 4/5 songs.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh wow so excited!! I really hope the new era is going to begin in a matter of weeks. I hope the Behind The Scenes video will actually be informative and reveal song names, genres, songs snippets etc.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    You know what the strange thing is...I can't imagine what the single is going to even sound like.
    I know none of us can, but it's strange, it doesn't seem like it's going to be dance single so the likes of Glassheart/Outta My Head I guess you can rule out.
    I mean, look at Bleeding Love, such an unexpected sound at that time, who knows what is around the corner...
  • Options
    volume3dvolume3d Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imagine if she posts just 15 sec instagram snippet :))))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now now.. Who has insulted Leaklele?

Even if he's lying or not, don't wish death on others lol

I know it's rich coming from me, but it's only accepted when they call Leona a horse :cool:
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    I'm not too sure on what the lead single will be like either. Considering who she's worked with, it could be anything from a radio friendly power ballad diane warren style, an uptempo feel good toby gad song, or an outright club tuneeeeee poet style lol.

If I'm being honest, I think the sound of the album will likely be a modern twist to Echo. Something organic, with a bit of a modern edge to it.

I wouldn't be surprised if she has something like "Naked" as the lead single, but with a stronger punch to it and a more modernised production.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get the feeling the album is going to have a similar sound to 'Chandelier', 'Diamonds', 'All of Me' etc. I'd personally love Leona to have a song like Selena Gomez's 'The Heart Wants What It Wants' but more mature. That song is very catchy but still great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Guys! Speak up!

Come on!

It's died down quickly!
  • Options
    siwelanoelsiwelanoel Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally!! I was starting to think we were going to get a Glassheart type delay.

Friday is going to be great, and it sounds like it will be the official start of an entire campaign.
  • Options
    pokerfaceLelepokerfaceLele Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The build-up is amazing this time. We didn't receive any hints yet. We don't know what lies ahead. What if she goes totally country, omg, that would be so unexpected haha.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    I would definitely like the album to be a bit more like Echo with real (sounding) instruments, but with more RnB vibes and slightly darker tones and themes. Echo's production trumps most of Spirit's songs, while I feel Spirit has the upper hand in genre focus and lyrics (for the most part).

The album should have about 4 RnB/pop ballads (similar to Bleeding Love, Take a Bow, Whatever it Takes, Happy or Yesterday), 4 alternative/pop rock songs (similar to Alive or Stone Hearts and Hand Grenades), a minimum of 2 huge power ballads (similar to Homeless or Broken), 3 pop/classical or gospel tracks (similar to Run, Footprints in the Sand or the gospel pop of Fireflies) and a maximum of 2 pop dance or synth tracks (similar to Can't Breathe or Glassheart 1.0).

This is just roughly what I would like to hear. I feel it brings all the best of Leona out. Haha. The numbers are just thrown around and not necessarily important, more so the ratio/balance.
  • Options
    lee3_lee3_ Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    I am sooo ready for this, although I am nervous and get butterflies thinking about it. It's officially happening!!!
  • Options
    VirtuosoVirtuoso Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrun wrote: »
    I would definitely like the album to be a bit more like Echo with real (sounding) instruments, but with more RnB vibes and slightly darker tones and themes. Echo's production trumps most of Spirit's songs, while I feel Spirit has the upper hand in genre focus and lyrics (for the most part).

The album should have about 4 RnB/pop ballads (similar to Bleeding Love, Take a Bow, Whatever it Takes, Happy or Yesterday), 4 alternative/pop rock songs (similar to Alive or Stone Hearts and Hand Grenades), a minimum of 2 huge power ballads (similar to Homeless or Broken), 3 pop/classical or gospel tracks (similar to Run, Footprints in the Sand or the gospel pop of Fireflies) and a maximum of 2 pop dance or synth tracks (similar to Can't Breathe or Glassheart 1.0).

This is just roughly what I would like to hear. I feel it brings all the best of Leona out. Haha. The numbers are just thrown around and not necessarily important, more so the ratio/balance.

Oh no. I hope she creates a cohesive piece of work which carries a uniform sound throughout with a fairly consistent direction. The whole 'organic' thing just didn't work.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrun wrote: »

I very much doubt we'll get anything like that, I think it is going to be a real body of work with a very consistant sound running throughout. Which is something I want, one of Leona's biggest criticisms is she doesn't know who she is as an artist, its now time to show everyone.
This discussion has been closed.