Options

iPod Earphones

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,670
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The pair that came with my iPod nano broke about a year and a half after I bought it, but for xmas I asked for a new set (which I got from Argos) considering I'm a snob and absolutely have to have the branded earphones, but already the rubber around the earpieces has come off and the left earphone has really fuzzy sound quality (bass just sounds like a bee buzzing in my ear), can I return them to Argos under the 1 year warranty and get a new set, or do I have to wait for them to break completely?

Comments

• Options
    Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm assuming you've got some more Apple branded ones? They're absolute rubbish! You can take them back to Argos for an exchange- faulty so covered under SOGA- but I'd recommend swapping them for a pair of these; much better sound quality and should definitely be more durable!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Mystic Eddy is right: the Apple headphones are very poor quality: it's style over substance.

Virtually any other headset (in or over ear) will give you a richer sound. Try before you buy!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the apple in ear earphones are good much better than the standard apple ones
  • Options
    TomDaOneTomDaOne Posts: 11,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The earphones apple bundle with their Touchs, Nanos, Classics and Shuffles are garbage. Bought my mum a Sony Walkman digital music player for a birthday gift and that came with real good quality in-ear-bud style earphones. I don't know why Apple can't supply there devices with quality earphones out the box. Instead of most people just buying there own seperately and never using the supplied earphones, unless needed as a spare pair.
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TomDaOne wrote: »
    The earphones apple bundle with their Touchs, Nanos, Classics and Shuffles are garbage. Bought my mum a Sony Walkman digital music player for a birthday gift and that came with real good quality in-ear-bud style earphones. I don't know why Apple can't supply there devices with quality earphones out the box. Instead of most people just buying there own seperately and never using the supplied earphones, unless needed as a spare pair.

Same can be said for many manufacturers, I bought a sony bluetooth headset which cost me £45 and they come with really crappy headphones. If Apple supplied you with better earphones the RRP of the product would increase.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My iPod headphones have never even come out of the wrapper. I can't stand the sound of them.

I've had a pair Sennheiser CX300 for the last few months and they're brilliant - reasonably priced and quality is spot on. Ok, they're not white, but the quality is much better (although I've got a black iPod anyway, so I think black headphones look better with it anyway!)
  • Options
    CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use Creative Labs EP-630s with my iPod. Great bass and they are very loud. They only cost £7.55 on Amazon.

I did buy a pair of expensive Philips headphones in November - they weren't that good and have now broken...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tommy_tank wrote: »
    My iPod headphones have never even come out of the wrapper. I can't stand the sound of them.

I've had a pair Sennheiser CX300 for the last few months and they're brilliant - reasonably priced and quality is spot on. Ok, they're not white, but the quality is much better (although I've got a black iPod anyway, so I think black headphones look better with it anyway!)

There great, unfortunately for me, the left one doesn't produce any sound any more. Only had I'm for 4 months, trying to see if I can get them fixed, however buying them from a third party of amazon is a pain in the ass.
  • Options
    Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There great, unfortunately for me, the left one doesn't produce any sound any more. Only had I'm for 4 months, trying to see if I can get them fixed, however buying them from a third party of amazon is a pain in the ass.
    I'm pretty sure they come with a 2 year warranty with Sennheiser. So assuming you can produce proof of purchase, they should replace them FOC (P&P may apply).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure they come with a 2 year warranty with Sennheiser. So assuming you can produce proof of purchase, they should replace them FOC (P&P may apply).

Yeah it does, however we phoned up Sennheiser and they said we should contact the amazon seller instead:confused:

So instead of sending the broken earphones to the Sennheiser UK Ltd in High Wycombe which isn't that far away from us. We now, it looks like have to send them back to the seller (Indigostarfish.com) which is located in the channel islands.

ps. Sorry OP for going off topic.

The apple earphones are quite bad. The rubber around came off my ones too, so I brought some CX300.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is why when it comes to buying any type of electrical items (including earphones - I have CX300s too), I insist on buying directly from Amazon or Play, and never from a third-party, especially since third-party stock tend to be fakes as my mates found out last year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    what earphones do people reccomend to use with the ipod touch?