Iplayer not working on iPhone

Portabletv2Portabletv2 Posts: 167
Forum Member
Is anybody else unable to use iplayer on iPhone right now? I am *using my wifi which is working fine for everything else. Nothing happens at all when I click on the 'play' arrow icon on any programme ..... No error message....simply nothing.

Comments

• irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anybody else unable to use iplayer on iPhone right now? I am *using my wifi which is working fine for everything else. Nothing happens at all when I click on the 'play' arrow icon on any programme ..... No error message....simply nothing.

works okay on mine. try rebooting it and see if that helps
  • Portabletv2Portabletv2 Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    irishguy wrote: »
    works okay on mine. try rebooting it and see if that helps

Ok tried that but didn't work. Anybody else ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how you accessing iplayer? through safari on the phone? have you tried other shows?
    Forum Member
    Oh dear. Turns out my girlfriends iPhone does work with iplayer on the same wifi. Mine just doesn't open the QuickTime screen.

Can anyone help ?

(using through safari, same issue on all programmes, girlfriends is fine)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when you rebooted it, did you just turn it on and off?

if so, then try a proper reset by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds when it should restart.
    Forum Member
    when you rebooted it, did you just turn it on and off?

Thanks but I didn't understand that. I turned off fully using the red slider button. Do I need to press something else ?

I think it's a problem with QuickTime. Is there a way to reinstall that ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nope.

before you didn't do a proper reset. to do that you dont need to use the slider.

firstly, bring up the main app screen. press and hold down the silver button on the top right hand corner of the phone then press and hold down the central round button at the bottom of the phones screen. keep them both held down for around 10 seconds - you should then see the screen go black then the apple logo appear.
    Forum Member
    Ok tried the reboot but didn't work. Have also restored the phone through iTunes and got latest software update but no joy....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm ok.... Try going to Settings>General>Reset and choose "Reset Network Settings"

You'll have to put in all your wifi passwords again.
    Forum Member
    Hmmm ok.... Try going to Settings>General>Reset and choose "Reset Network Settings"

You'll have to put in all your wifi passwords again.

Ok I fixed it. 'user error' ....somehow I had turned off plug INS in the safari settings

Well....having wasted three hours hopefully this thread will help someone!