Who did you play In your school nativity play?

13»

Comments

• HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 11,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The tape recorder

It kicked off my life as an international DJ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Mary Poppins. Yes really.

My school was Catholic but a bit weird.
  • karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was always an angel...apart from one year when I was a chinese wind. I was proper pissed off about that. :-D
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no problem with people acting out myth as long as they identify it as so.

That IS the problem with religious propaganda.

:D ok.
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A shepherd (twice - and at different schools). I didn't do any more as I felt I was in danger of being typecast.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One year I was just one of the bog standard angels, but the child who was playing the Angel Gabriel was off sick on the night, and I was promoted to that role. I had to stand in a corner backstage, as I kept knocking people over with my huge wings.
  • nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I played nobody. :cry:

Come to think of it, I can't remember there ever being Nativity plays in any of my schools. :confused:
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,922
    Forum Member
    Well this is a seasonal thread!

I played Caspar, the second of the three kings, every year except for once when I was the narrator.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,922
    Forum Member
    kitty86 wrote: »
    I was Mary, stole most of Joseph's lines as I felt he wasn't doing them properly and shouted at him when he dropped baby Jesus.

I don't feel this reflects on who I am now, at all :D

:D:D It all stemmed from there!
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    1fab wrote: »
    One year I was just one of the bog standard angels, but the child who was playing the Angel Gabriel was off sick on the night, and I was promoted to that role. I had to stand in a corner backstage, as I kept knocking people over with my huge wings.
    That made me laugh :):D:):D
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember doing a nativity play - but I do remember us doing Jonah and the Whale, in which I played . . . .god! Seriously. I remember that I got told off as I looked 'too cross' with Jonah during rehersals :)
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    I was a blonde Angel too ............I seem to remember doing some of the narrating too .........I was good at multi tasking.

I always fancied being Mary but as someone has already confirmed - Mary had brown hair - Angels blonde (sometimes Angels could have brown hair but they were less 'important' angels - slightly sub standard)
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I played the Voice of God. It was typecasting.

(Actually did, crouched behind a box...stagefright, I think. Which is odd cos I went on to do some acting when older; including playing Jesus in a school review!)
  • hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was an innkeepers wife once - did nothing just stood there while the inn keeper said we have no room.

After that I was in the choir every year!
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know for school I was an angel to my memory and for Brownies I was a shepherd

:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only vaguely remember playing one of the three wise men in it :p
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    Angels, as winged humanoids, never appear anywhere in the bible. In fact, in biblical scripture Angels are some of the most fearsome and destructive creatures ever to be put into literature.

The winged humanoid vision of Angels is one formed during the romanticism of the renaissance.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18757_5-things-you-wont-believe-arent-in-bible.html

I was the angel Gabriel. I always thought it was because I was pretty and blonde, but actually having read this I now think it was probably because I was fearsome and destructive:D
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Joseph.

The teachers obviously saw promise in the 9-year-old me.

I was Herod when I was about 6 and a shepherd (although I pronounced it 'pesherd') at Sunday School.
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was Joseph. I had to hold hands with Mary - mortifying!
  • SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nethwen wrote: »
    Come to think of it, I can't remember there ever being Nativity plays in any of my schools. :confused:
    Same here. I always thought it was only done in catholic schools, which I didn't attend.

All I remember are the musical plays in secondary school (Tom Sawyer, Theseus & the Minotaur). I was always in the choir; never had a starring role.
  • EuanDesuEuanDesu Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Shepard :D

I was also the percussion a few years.
  • nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. I always thought it was only done in catholic schools, which I didn't attend.

All I remember are the musical plays in secondary school (Tom Sawyer, Theseus & the Minotaur). I was always in the choir; never had a starring role.

Oh yes! We used to have brilliant end-of-year plays from our four houses at senior school. :D

I wasn't in any of those either. :blush:
  • dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was once the nose-picking shepherd,well someone had to do it..
  • kevraffkevraff Posts: 3,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember playing a leper

I was supposed to ring a bell and shout "Unclean". They couldn't find a bell - so I had to walk round tapping one of those little school orchestra triangles.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in Primary school in late 60s/early 70s and it was unheard of to have the whole class in the Nativity, so I never had a part. I was the North Wind in Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. On a side note, Angel Gabriel was always played by the prettiest girl in the school. I had quite a shock when aged 17 I found out that she was actually a "he"!!