I really don't like the fact that Len gets the deciding vote

Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
Forum Member
Does anyone else not like I think that needs to be changed now if it's 2 votes each then it returns to the public vote and the person with the least votes goes home.

Comments

• Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Changed to what?
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Yes, if it's 2-2, then it should go back to who is bottom in the public vote
  • magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree completely. The man is irritating anyway, I cannot bear him.

Never mind Jake - you have proved yourself and the West End will beckon.
  • sugarlequesnesugarlequesne Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    Changed to the public vote deciding

Two weeks running Goodman has played God and made entirely the wrong decision based on his petty prejudices - Mark Wright isn't in the same league as Jake Wood
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    tricky isn't it.

he absolutely made the wrong choice last week.

but he definitely made the right one this week.
  • SummeririsSummeriris Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somebody has to decide and Len has had years of experience. He was right, it came down to artistry against performance. He went for artistry and probably because Mark is better at ballroom than Jake is.
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else not like I think that needs to be changed now if it's 2 votes each then it returns to the public vote and the person with the least votes goes home.

Len is a disgrace and well past his sell by date. Pixie shouldn't have gone and Jake definitely shouldn't have. Jake has been up the top most weeks. I cannot believe Len saved Mark over Jake. They are in different leagues with Jake being way ahead!

Get rid of Len I say!
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just when I thought It wasn't possible to loathe Len any more, he does it again. :(
    I don't think there's room to stick any more pins in my Len voodoo doll, I'm going to have to make another.
  • ilovesootyilovesooty Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he made the right decision both times.
  • Kirsty18Kirsty18 Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    If it's 2 vs 2 then should be whoever has the least public votes

or

this is like a completely random idea but you could base it on all previous dances. So for example last week when it was Pixie vs Simon and it went to 2 judges voting for each of them. You could either do the whoever has the least public votes, or my idea of adding together all the scores from the previous dances they have done and whoever has the highest score overall would go through..

Or you could do it based on the points 5,4,3,2,1 ect they get and whoever had the least went out.

And if by some chance you were still equal then you could go to the public vote.
  • HoneysmumHoneysmum Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    Have to say I feel the same - may aswell just ask Len who he wants to go! Going to the public vote feels a fairer way of doing things

Last week I felt he had the hump with Trent and thats how they ended up going home, however, this week I would have saved Mark.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, if it's 2-2, then it should go back to who is bottom in the public vote

Totally agree, so shocked that Jake has gone when he should have been in the final 2!

First time in the bottom two whereas Mark has been there 3 times at least!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so so stupid. Why not just have Len decide every time. End the masquerade!!
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not fond of Mark, but think Len made the right decision, again. Sorry Jake fans
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it is 2:2 it should to go to who got the highest public vote. Simple as. If there is nothing between them from a technical standpoint it should revert to who is the most popular with the public.
  • Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    ilovesooty wrote: »

I agree.

*Is there any hiding room behind your desk please?* :o

:D
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    primer wrote: »
    tricky isn't it.

he absolutely made the wrong choice last week.

but he definitely made the right one this week.

i totally agree
  • shortiefluffshortiefluff Posts: 3,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Len looked to me like he regretted his decision to me. Not clapping at the end when J + J walked to the middle and standing leaning on the chair. He barely clapped after as well. Jake was s better dancer over the whole series. Mark has now been in 3 dance offs as has Simon meaning the final looks to be between the 2 girls. If Jake had stayed, did the salsa, the show dance then maybe he could have broken up the 2 girls. Len did look to regret it IMO. Mark has had no 10's and hasn't really been near getting any so it kind of looks bad that a finalist hasn't had a 10 and is a clear fave for 4th place.
  • Keren-HappuchKeren-Happuch Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ilovesooty wrote: »

Me too. Pixie's legs were weird last week and Jake was flat footed and stompy. I think Simon and Mark both danced better. I think Jake was over-rated anyway, he was very good at salsa/samba and that was about it. Mark is a much better all-rounder.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His casting vote has put out Thom, Pixie and Jake, but saved Simon and Mark.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just when I thought It wasn't possible to loathe Len any more, he does it again. :(
    I don't think there's room to stick any more pins in my Len voodoo doll, I'm going to have to make another.

Make one for me too then please! Worst mistake of the series for me, no contest that Jake was in a different league all series. What was Len thinking. It's obvious he likes Mark and he's one of his favourites but it should be about the best dancer and that is definitely Jake!

Biggest shock of the series for me! First time I hadn't looked at the spoilers this week too!
  • yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Changed to the public vote deciding

Two weeks running Goodman has played God and made entirely the wrong decision based on his petty prejudices - Mark Wright isn't in the same league as Jake Wood

Only the wrong decision in your opinion. Many will disagree with you and are glad Mark is in the final. That's how it is.
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It would just make really bad television.

- Viewers can vote.
    - Announce the public vote for a dance off. Big Tension!
    *Dance off couple number 1*
    *Dance off couple number 2*
    - Let's ask a judge based on the dance off.
    - Forget the judges
    - Here's the public vote from before anyone saw the dance off.

Bad television!
  • IlluvatarIlluvatar Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree and disagree.

As much as I like Jake, his technical shortcomings could no longer be hidden and Mark was the worthy winner in terms of actual dancing. Mark is probably the weakest of the finalists but he does deserve to be there. Jake is hugely entertaining, a great actor and provided some memorable dances but it really had to be Mark for me.

I do agree though that Len should not get the casting vote and nor should any one person. It should either go to who came higher in the public vote or they should add a fifth judge.
  • shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think he's generally made the right choice when he's made it - although I'm still slightly upset that he sent Thom home so early (although we kept Simon in then, so maybe he knows a wee bit more than me.)