Options

Official Formula 1 Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Hulkenberg should get a better ride next season. :)
  • Options
    Season 74Season 74 Posts: 7,032
    Forum Member
    IWantSky wrote: »
    Hulkenberg should get a better ride next season. :)

I think Williams is a good team to be part of. Especially so early in his career.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Excellent from Hulkenberg, he has been showing potential this season. The 1st conner tomorrow will be very interesting.
  • Options
    Adam619Adam619 Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Stunty wrote: »
    Disappointed that apart from Nico's team mate Ruebens, who congratulated him warmly, the other drivers just looked at him as if to say 'so what', especially Alonso. :(

Go Nico, and seems like a great guy too ...... well I'm pleased for him. :)

A certain Mr Schumacher also congratulated Nico with a pat on the head and the Schumacher smile.

Well done Nico today but I don't think this will be enough to save your drive at williams and maybe your F1 career as Williams need a pay driver and you have no sponsers.
  • Options
    bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone please answer this question i have, has any rookie driver in F1 ever won a race in their first season i looked in some old F1 books but has not given me the answer i need:confused:
  • Options
    The MarksterThe Markster Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    bingoman wrote: »
    Can someone please answer this question i have, has any rookie driver in F1 ever won a race in their first season i looked in some old F1 books but has not given me the answer i need:confused:

yeah

Villeneuve in 96 and Hamilton in 07 are 2 of the most recent i can think of
  • Options
    Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not seen a williams up there for a long time
  • Options
    TadpoleTadpole Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah

Villeneuve in 96 and Hamilton in 07 are 2 of the most recent i can think of

Also Montoya, Monza 2001, in a Williams.
  • Options
    bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alt-F4 wrote: »
    Not seen a williams up there for a long time

Yeah same here well done Nico:D
  • Options
    Season 74Season 74 Posts: 7,032
    Forum Member

Lewis Hamilton had 4 in his rookie season. He also almost won the title finishing 1 point behind Kimi.
  • Options
    Adam619Adam619 Posts: 193
    Forum Member

Everybody who won a race in 1950
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,940
    Forum Member
    I am really pleased for Hulkenberg. I was especially pleased when he took pole back from Alonso.
  • Options
    CheapthrillsCheapthrills Posts: 2,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the whole lotus cars vs team lotus thing is going to be messy next year :/
  • Options
    Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No doubt first lap strategy for the top drivers will be where to pass hulkenberg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    wtf, Jensen Button whilst travelling from the circuit has been attacked by armed men, but he is fine because McLaren provide him with a bullet-proof car (like those used for state-leaders). What's going on there?
  • Options
    CheapthrillsCheapthrills Posts: 2,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrinceGaz wrote: »
    wtf, Jensen Button whilst travelling from the circuit has been attacked by armed men, but he is fine because McLaren provide him with a bullet-proof car (like those used for state-leaders). What's going on there?

Jebus o.O
  • Options
    SyqoSyqo Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Jenson. :( Luckily he was in a bullet proof car. At least nobody was hurt.
    "Vodafone McLaren Mercedes had provided both Jenson and team-mate Lewis Hamilton with reinforced armoured vehicles driven by police drivers, who had been trained in avoidance techniques and were armed.

"The police driver of Jenson's vehicle reacted swiftly and, using avoidance techniques, rapidly forced his way through the traffic, taking Jenson and the other occupants of the car immediately away from any danger and back to their hotel."

Such armed incidents have become a regular occurence at the Brazilian Grand Prix, although this is the first time in recent years that a current driver is believed to have faced such a danger.

McLaren said that local officials will provide additional security for its team personnel on Sunday.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88016
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,940
    Forum Member
    Syqo wrote: »
    Poor Jenson. :( Luckily he was in a bullet proof car. At least nobody was hurt.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88016

I'm just glad he's okay.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The driver floored it and hit several cars, bouncing off them. Something out of James Bond. He called the driver a legend.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,633
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    The driver floored it and hit several cars, bouncing off them.
    Was Vettel moonlighting then? :D
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell. Poor Jenson.
  • Options
    Malice CooperMalice Cooper Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrinceGaz wrote: »

What's going on is exactly the same as if he was driving through south London. Lots of poor people/criminals who will do their best to take whatever you have by any means possible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very glad to hear that Jenson is ok, what a horrible thing to happen. Wouldn't wish that on anybody!
  • Options
    sergio2006sergio2006 Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear Jenson is ok.

Onto the race today, got a strong feeling Lewis is going to win and I dont really have anything to back that up with.

Really cant see Vettel and Webber finishing the race, gotta say Webber is most likely to make an error if im honest.

So im going for 1. Hamilton 2. Vettel 3. Alonso. Webber DNF

which would leave the standings as

Alonso 246
    Hamilton 235 (-11)
    Vettel 224 (-22)
    Webber 220 (-26)

Meaning a podium in abu dhabi would seal the deal for Alonso.

Personally I think if it was down to Alonso v Hamilton in Abu Dhabi that would be an awesome end to an awesome season. No offense red bull fans:D
  • Options
    SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Very glad to hear Jensen and his dad and the others in the car are all okay.
    sergio2006 wrote: »
    Personally I think if it was down to Alonso v Hamilton in Abu Dhabi that would be an awesome end to an awesome season. No offense red bull fans:D
    That would make a great end to the season (as long as Lewis wins though!). If Lewis doesn't win the championship, then I'd rather it was one of the Red Bulls than Alonso.
This discussion has been closed.