Real Racing 3

2»

Comments

• flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    You can get $100,000 and 20 gold if you enter the race code (in the settings - settings menu ) "sony test code"
  • brian9200Tbrian9200T Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The rules for playing RR3 are insufficient for me To see them:-
    -
    1. Tap on the cogwheel icon in the bottom LH corner of the screen.
    2. Tap on the 'I ' icon that appears on the bottom line.

I would like to see a set of instructions which if mastered allowed the user win the game in the most efficient way. A good scientist makes a statement based on evidence and logic. Please give your ideas quoting the source or how to reporduce it plus any logic leading to your conclusion.

For a start:-
    The price for a Manager for one race is 1 Gold. It doubles your winning for the next race if any. It is therefore wasted on a race if the chance of you winning times the prize is worth less than 1 gold. I have been using it for a long race that I usually win which is a Melborne cup race but never for things like Time Trials which individually pay low winnings and in some cases I often lose because I cannot see the edge of the track at nighttime.

I will perhaps consolidate your replies by adding them to this entry. Off you go....
    Forum Member
    brian9200T wrote: »
    The rules for playing RR3 are insufficient for me To see them:-
    -
    1. Tap on the cogwheel icon in the bottom LH corner of the screen.
    2. Tap on the 'I ' icon that appears on the bottom line.

I would like to see a set of instructions which if mastered allowed the user win the game in the most efficient way. A good scientist makes a statement based on evidence and logic. Please give your ideas quoting the source or how to reporduce it plus any logic leading to your conclusion.

For a start:-
    The price for a Manager for one race is 1 Gold. It doubles your winning for the next race if any. It is therefore wasted on a race if the chance of you winning times the prize is worth less than 1 gold. I have been using it for a long race that I usually win which is a Melborne cup race but never for things like Time Trials which individually pay low winnings and in some cases I often lose because I cannot see the edge of the track at nighttime.

I will perhaps consolidate your replies by adding them to this entry. Off you go....

the manager guy that doubles your winnings is most effectively combined with your daily race bonus, they apply in sequence so two 100% bonuses gives you a 300% bonus.

and they are best used on a race that you know you will win. as in one you have done before. i do a 5 lap cup on mount panorama in my works nissan r35 and will then earn 110,000R$

other tips might be, assuming your daily bonus is gone. to do the small races first and the cups after that to make the most of your servicing. so for example if you did a massive cup race your car might require an immediate service before you could do anything else. but if you did a drag race, and an elimination you would still be able to do a cup without servicing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    the manager guy that doubles your winnings is most effectively combined with your daily race bonus, they apply in sequence so two 100% bonuses gives you a 300% bonus.

and they are best used on a race that you know you will win. as in one you have done before. i do a 5 lap cup on mount panorama in my works nissan r35 and will then earn 110,000R$

other tips might be, assuming your daily bonus is gone. to do the small races first and the cups after that to make the most of your servicing. so for example if you did a massive cup race your car might require an immediate service before you could do anything else. but if you did a drag race, and an elimination you would still be able to do a cup without servicing.

Can you check that compounding bonus with Manager gives 300% or does it give 400% ? which is mathematically more correct.
    BG
    Forum Member
    Can you check that compounding bonus with Manager gives 300% or does it give 400% ? which is mathematically more correct.
    BG

what do you mean can i check?

check where? i play the game every day. i have 3 maths A'levels. a masters degree in physics and maths from oxford..

where would you like me to check?

two 100% bonuses compound to a 300% bonus. as in 4x the original amount.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what do you mean can i check?

check where? i play the game every day. i have 3 maths A'levels. a masters degree in physics and maths from oxford..

where would you like me to check?

two 100% bonuses compound to a 300% bonus. as in 4x the original amount.

My apologies. I misunderstood. I read your text to mean the total amount was 3 times the base amount when as you say it is added to the base amount giving a total 4 times the base amount.
    Forum Member
    No problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have fully upgraded your car. It seems to be the best car available for the race being the last to be unlocked. You use the Retry many times but cannot do more than come second. What can you try?
    1. If you have not yet unlocked all the cars available for that race then leave the race until you have,
    2. If you have not fully upgraded the model you are using then leave the race until you have.
    3. Instead of using RETRY press CONTINUE and select the same race again. This time you will have differrent competitors and they maynot be as good.
    4. At the end of the race when you get the result use the arrow on the rh side to see the list of the leading cars. If you were second you will be second on the list. The car model used is shown. See what model the winner used. If it is not the one you were using then it is worth trying that model fully upgraded. This may work because although the last car unlocked seems to be the best overall some models are better for particular race types.
    Forum Member
    You have fully upgraded your car. It seems to be the best car available for the race being the last to be unlocked. You use the Retry many times but cannot do more than come second. What can you try?
    1. If you have not yet unlocked all the cars available for that race then leave the race until you have,
    2. If you have not fully upgraded the model you are using then leave the race until you have.
    3. Instead of using RETRY press CONTINUE and select the same race again. This time you will have differrent competitors and they maynot be as good.
    4. At the end of the race when you get the result use the arrow on the rh side to see the list of the leading cars. If you were second you will be second on the list. The car model used is shown. See what model the winner used. If it is not the one you were using then it is worth trying that model fully upgraded. This may work because although the last car unlocked seems to be the best overall some models are better for particular race types.

tru dat.

i would add to try it in manual breaking mode. racing with manual brakes is hard. but there are some types of race where it doesn't need to be neat or tidy. in particular the max speed races. sometimes you find the auto brakes are slowing you down before a bend. you don't necessarily need to get around the corner. just hit the max speed before it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tru dat.

i would add to try it in manual breaking mode. racing with manual brakes is hard. but there are some types of race where it doesn't need to be neat or tidy. in particular the max speed races. sometimes you find the auto brakes are slowing you down before a bend. you don't necessarily need to get around the corner. just hit the max speed before it.

Thanks. for thetip to try 'Manual Braking'. I had assumed that 'Automatic' was always going to be best but find that in many cases switching to Manual goves me much better results. I even use it then do no braking at all with good results.
    To switch to manual braking click on cog wheel in bottom lh corner, then on the icon of a car skidding, then set the appropriate slider.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I'm new to this but I'm loving it. I get to play with real cars like Nissan, Audi, Bugatti, Ferrari, Lamborghini and others, real tracks like Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Silverstone, etc. and real people on Time Shifted Multiplayer.