Thunderbirds Are Go! ITV Saturday 4th April

Comments

• c0boc0bo Posts: 6,468
    Forum Member
    'Lord Parker's 'olidy' from the original.
  • Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    give it a chance, folks.

its not that bad

I think its great. Nothing will ever top the original but TV is in a different place now and the fast nature of this reflects that.

My only complaint is Lady Penelope. I think they miscast the actress, she doesn't seem to have captured Penny's vibe at all. I wonder if Sophia Myles was ever considered because I'm sure she would have done it if asked.
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    Now you see in the original that would have taken ages trying to get that claw into the dish that would have built up tension.

Now it's first time and an exclamation of just who bloody wonderful he thinks he is.
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady Penelope looks like Gabby Logan.

More like Ferne Cotton.. another reason not to watch it
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I'm going to Sky+ the rest of the series from now on. A break every 11/12 minutes is an absolute JOKE! >:(
  • matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    How do I clear this entrance of Rocks & Boulders.. shall I use my brains and ingenuity.. No i`ll use the Anti Rocks & Boulders guided Missile..

>:( Far fetched rubbish

It's actually fiction, you know. :)
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now you see in the original that would have taken ages trying to get that claw into the dish that would have built up tension.

Now it's first time and an exclamation of just who bloody wonderful he thinks he is.

And it backfired. I think the boy's cockiness is understandable as Jeff was always the one who reigned them in. They showed signs of arrogance when he took time away in Atlantic Inferno which nearly ended badly.

The show would have benefited from a 60 minute slot for each episode (as I said this is 1 and 2 combined) to give some more tension... but, whilst they may have worked for the audience who know and loved the original, maybe it wouldn't have worked for the new target audience?
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    TOO MUCH LOUD MUSIC and its not even the right music :(
    culttvfan wrote: »
    Five minutes was enough for me and had to switch over. Is the 'music' continuously droning away all the time?
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Anyone know who does the 5-4-3-2-1 intro voice? It sounds very much like Peter Dyneley, who voiced the original (and Jeff Tracey IIRC).
    And Parker, who *is* the original, doesn't sound right!:confused:

And STOP the friggin' music! You can't have non-stop exciting music all the way through! God, somebody tell these amateurs!

Thats what I said. Very annoying ^_^
    FM Lover wrote: »
    He's been working in a technical support centre in Mumbai for the past 45 years.

Thats very :D The voice is actually being done by Kayvan Novak.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    What's the demographic for this? 6 year old boys?

Not sure how the doe eyes will play with them lol

Yes, that's exactly the demographic. It's a children's show they're hoping will have broader appeal.
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    I'm waiting to watch it on catch up as I don't have a HD box here, but these comments don't look positive.

I was hoping at LEAST in the first episode to be able to savour the launch of the Thunderbirds. That was a HUGE thing back in the day :(
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    I thought I was hearing things when Brains spoke with an accent :D But he was born in America.
    Born on 14 November 2040 in Michigan, United States, Brains was orphaned at the age of 12 when his family was killed in a hurricane. He was eventually adopted by a professor at the University of Cambridge, and discovered later on by Jeff Tracy, founder of International Rescue, while he was lecturing in Paris

Brains is a highly-intelligent mechanical and aerospace engineer. A highly-valued if somewhat absent-minded and socially maladroit member of IR, he designed the Thunderbird machines and other vehicles and facilities used by the organisation and its agents – indeed, much of the hardware and infrastructure. He is also known to invent in his spare time; he once built a chess-playing robot called Braman (which fortuitously serves as an auxiliary computer in the episode "Sun Probe"). Brains' technical expertise is sometimes required in the field, in which case he usually accompanies the Tracy brothers in Thunderbird 2.

Brains has occasionally designed vehicles for organisations other than IR. These include Skythrust (in the episode "Alias Mr. Hackenbacker") and Skyship One (in the film Thunderbird 6). Such commissions are built under strict security to maintain the secrecy of IR.

The character's birth name is not revealed in the series; while working on external projects, Brains uses a pseudonym to protect his identity.[17] For example, he uses the alias "Hiram K. Hackenbacker" while working on the Skythrust project, and the board that commissions Skyship One knows him only as "Mr X". In the 2004 film, his actual name is Ray Hackenbacker....:o

Kayvan Novak wanted a part so badly that he was willing to play any part so they gave him the part of Brains. I have a feeling he suggested they give him an Indian accent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    The Kids will love it us oldies are sitting watching with nostalgia glasses on
    overall its ok good effects too
  • nic6nic6 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Computer generated shi*e. :o
  • Duncan_StylesDuncan_Styles Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Music is far too loud, it drowns out some of the effects work. Some of the voices are annoying. The vocal track sounds like a vocal track, more needs to be done to make it sound like the voices are coming out of the characters and like they are in the locations they are in. You can tell that not all actor were together when recording the voices.

Looks fantastic, love the mix of co and physical models.

I'm enjoying it though.
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What`s the point being PC when there`s no Polish, disabled, blind, chinese, fat people in it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    If newcomers to Thunderbirds ever get to see episode 1 of the original series ("Trapped in the Sky" about the rescue of the Fireflash aircraft), and compare it with today's sorry premier, they'll know what they're missing.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    And I dont like the new Lady Penelope there only seems to be Parker whos anything like the original :(
  • howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Not doing it me .....going to fast, makes me feel distant..unrealistic....where's the strings!!!!!!!!
    Going to switch channels.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dr Evil sounds very camp.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Awful. :(
  • tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Looks fantastic, love the mix of co and physical models.

It's all CGI they've just done some of the CGI so that it looks like it was done with models.
  • NickLangleyNickLangley Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the owners of the original series must be rubbing their hands in glee. I can just see all those fifty somethings buying the real thunderbirds for their grand children after the rubbish ITV have served up this evening.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uncle
  • Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder why they renamed TinTin?
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thunderbird S