It's coming? :p
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let it die . . .
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh just get on with it ffs. So bored of the behind the scenes Red Dwarf long drawn out will they won't they sagas.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I thought X had a pretty good ending and things wrapped up nicely. Maybe XI will end with them getting back to Earth for good.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried watching X but got bored. It's just not the same any more. Once Rimmer left and was replaced by Kochanski it was the end and should have let it go then.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series X was awesome. Recycled gags for sure, but it was still a really entertaining series.
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really surprised by X, for a comeback series it was brilliant. :)
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After Back To Earth I would have said no to another series, but Red Dwarf X was surprisingly good and went back to it's old roots. So I'd look forward to the new series.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Teasers for tweets confuses me. Although not as much as a teaser trailer for a regular trailer. What is the ****ing point?
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doug Naylor has announced on Twitter that UKTV have commissioned 2 brand new series of Red Dwarf.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DougRDNaylor/status/594456544575623169
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Dwarf X was... blah. Not as woeful as BTE, no, but still just forgettable and rarely even mildly amusing, let alone genuinely funny.

Really, the show's never been the same since Grant jumped ship (no pun intended). Series 7 had a couple of passable episodes when Naylor had aco-writer, but left to his own devices, he just doesn't seem like a very funny guy.

I get why some people are still happy to see the show back, it's been riding a wave of nostalgia with every revival. But for me, Red Dwarf serves as a reminder that,when it comes to really great comedies, less is usually more.
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    Doug Naylor has announced on Twitter that UKTV have commissioned 2 brand new series of Red Dwarf.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DougRDNaylor/status/594456544575623169

Smegging great news. Really enjoyed Red Dwarf X and would have been happy with one more series but two more is fantastic.
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    Red Dwarf X was... blah. Not as woeful as BTE, no, but still just forgettable and rarely even mildly amusing, let alone genuinely funny.

Really, the show's never been the same since Grant jumped ship (no pun intended). Series 7 had a couple of passable episodes when Naylor had aco-writer, but left to his own devices, he just doesn't seem like a very funny guy.

I get why some people are still happy to see the show back, it's been riding a wave of nostalgia with every revival. But for me, Red Dwarf serves as a reminder that,when it comes to really great comedies, less is usually more.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts too
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Series 10 wasn't bad enough to think about scrapping it completely imo.

It's still got some life left in it.
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the same time, it wasn't really good enough to bother doing any more.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was good enough and I'm glad it's back for 2 more series, can't wait.
  • AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    Hope they get some more writers in.
  • Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Craig Charles has quit his secure job on Coronation Street to be in it, so let's hope that he's seen some scripts which have encouraged him to make that decision.
  • Evil GeniusEvil Genius Posts: 8,841
    Forum Member
    All together now..."It's cold outsiiiiide.."
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series X surprised me with its general return to the show of old, but the boys from the Dwarf were starting to look a bit like the latter years of Only Fools and Horses. Still, I keep my hopes up.