Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    And this.......
    all the unselfish mums out there who traded sleep for dark circles, salon haircuts for a ponytail, long baths for quick showers, late nights for early mornings, and designer bags for nappy bags and who wouldn't change a thing. Let's see how many mums post this who don't care what they gave up and instead, LOVE what they got in return Post if you LOVE being a MUM ♥ xxx
    (I didn't repost so I must hate being a mum!:o)
    Because I guess if you are a mum you don't have sleep, salon haircuts, long baths, late nights , or designer bags do you :rolleyes:. Plus I bet whoever copy and pasted that still find the time to go out at weekends with their mates .
  • Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last week ive been treated to status updates from someone who I went to junior school with whose girlfriend has been in hospital having a cyst removed. Not gonna mention names but the first day it was 'taking x to hospital to have her cyst removed' then a few hours later 'wonder how x is doing after her op' then 'have phoned hospital x is ok but asleep' then every day it's been 3 or 4 times a day telling us shes in pain and she can't sleep or move!!! Yesterday he posted 'x back in hospital with an infection' so I'm eagerly awaiting the updates today to see how shes doing haha :rolleyes:
  • Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    And this.......
    all the unselfish mums out there who traded sleep for dark circles, salon haircuts for a ponytail, long baths for quick showers, late nights for early mornings, and designer bags for nappy bags and who wouldn't change a thing. Let's see how many mums post this who don't care what they gave up and instead, LOVE what they got in return Post if you LOVE being a MUM ♥ xxx

(I didn't repost so I must hate being a mum!:o)

Arghhh my Mum posts these stupid status' all the time! The latest one being something about 'happily married week repost if your happily married!!' she moans at me when I don't re-post them and gets offended when I say I can't stand them lol!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other ones I hate include the "those bloody Muslims stopped me waving my flag" type posts .

Stupid chain posts

Posts of animal/ child cruelty that pop up on my wall with no warning (yes these actions are sick but I dont really want them shoved in my face when I first log on thanks).

Also a few months ago a girl on my friends list was in hospital so she posted photos of herself in a hospital bed (it was for something quite personal as well but she delighted in telling the FB community about every minute of her upcoming op)
  • 3PS3PS Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ppl putting .com after everything. Like bored.com.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just seen someone talking to her unborn grandchild. If that's not bad enough, her daughter has answered her post and replied on behalf of the unborn grandchild! :eek:
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to go waaaaaaay back on someones wall to find this but got it eventually:

"This year July has 5 Fridays 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This happens once every 823 years. This is called money bags. So copy this to your status and money will arrive within 4 days. Based on Chinese philosophy of Feng Shui. Those who read and do not copy will be without money. So let's all try our luck at this and see what happens.
    July is also special to me as it is my birthday"

First of all, anyone with a bit of common sense will realise that it doesn't happen every 823 years, it happens on average every 7.
    Secondly, anyone who is gullible enough to believe posting something as a status will bring you money/luck/love etc shouldn't be allowed facebook.
    Thirdly, the person who posted this was born in June!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    I have just seen someone talking to her unborn grandchild. If that's not bad enough, her daughter has answered her post and replied on behalf of the unborn grandchild! :eek:

Hahaha brilliant. One woman daily posted Kelly now 4 months and 3 days pregnant, 4 months 4 days pregnant....etc. Now baby is here. My gorgeous grandaughter is 8 weeks. My gorgeous grandaughter is 8 weeks 1 day. Who the hell cares. I adore my 2 but don't rattle on about them constantly. Scream!!!
  • MarkBealesMarkBeales Posts: 3,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone wishing their husband/wife happy birthday or anniversary on facebook. Why?! Don't you talk to each other? Also anyone saying well done little Tommy on gaining your 25m swimming badge, etc. Tommy is 6. He's not on facebook. Your his mother. Tell him to his face!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone wishing their husband/wife happy birthday or anniversary on facebook. Why?! Don't you talk to each other? Also anyone saying well done little Tommy on gaining your 25m swimming badge, etc. Tommy is 6. He's not on facebook. You're his mother. Tell him to his face!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FML statuses.

My brother posted once: "ran out of red bull, wanted mum to get me sum more n she gave me a fiver and told me to get it myself! FML!!!"

He got a good b*ll*cking for that one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw 'I love my life' today.

Can't decide whether that's nice, or extremely annoying.
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw 'I love my life' today.

Can't decide whether that's nice, or extremely annoying.

Depends if it's followed by ...undressing through the gap in her curtains

Then its more than a little creepy ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    munta wrote: »

Your Forum Name made me laugh just then.

No she just followed it with a load of those little hearts. I guess everyone loves those little hearts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever!
  • cutestardollcutestardoll Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TOONARMY12 wrote: »
    Because I guess if you are a mum you don't have sleep, salon haircuts, long baths, late nights , or designer bags do you :rolleyes:. Plus I bet whoever copy and pasted that still find the time to go out at weekends with their mates .

This tends to be a status put by rough-looking mums who probably feel bad about their lacking appearance and like to think they have a 'purpose' in life :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarkBeales wrote: »
    And it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever!

English not your first language then? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This tends to be a status put by rough-looking mums who probably feel bad about their lacking appearance and like to think they have a 'purpose' in life :rolleyes:

Not like you though eh, custarddoll.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    English not your first language then? :p

'I love my life undressing through the gap in her curtains'. If that makes perfect sense to you then English clearly isn't your first language!:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'I love my life undressing through the gap in her curtains'. If that makes perfect sense to you then English clearly isn't your first language!:o

opps - I guess I misread it then :o:o:o:o
  • PrincessEssexPrincessEssex Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I HATE when statuses say something such as:

" Thinks SOMEBODY needs to grow up and tell me to my face what THEY think"

Out the b*stards then or you're just as bad! Or go to them directly and speak to them. We have a friend in our group like this and we all end up messaging each other like "Is it you this time I don't think its me" Started off as annoying but we laugh at her now and we never give the statuses the time of day. But it does seem a slight contradiction in terms!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss N wrote: »
    I'm sorry but yes they were. My father had cancer and died. If I needed to let one of my FB friends know, i sent them a private message, I didn't put it on my facebook as I didn't want the attention.

I have one friend whose mother died of cancer and she has her under her 'family' on FB and it says 'sadly passed'. Her mother was never on FB herself, so why add that. Pathetic and attention seeking.

I also don't like it when people put messages to their dead family members on their status.

Sorry if you don't like my views perhaps copy and paste what I have said and add it to your status :p:)

I agree with you. I never understand why people put such private stuff out there.

I do have FB myself, but have never written any status updates, or confirmed who my wife is or anything, I will look at at maybe once twice a month just to see what crap people are actually putting out there, then either laugh at them, or shake my head in disbelief.
  • cutestardollcutestardoll Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not like you though eh, custarddoll.;)

Ummm..no. I'm not a parent and I don't need to be one to feel I have a purpose in life, unlike many people.
  • Dusk1983Dusk1983 Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a great site if you like this thread:

http://www.stfuparentsblog.com/

I honestly think people are starting to realise that the more you use FB, the greater chance you have of being viewed as a complete and utter tw*t.

FB doesn't make people morons but it does show you who they are. Intelligence is simply understanding that 99% of stuff in our heads is of absolutely no interest to anyone but ourselves. The truly stupid man never grasps this basic truth.

Why is it, though, that even the most mundane of updates regularly receives responses and 'likes'? It's baffling - who are these people? Why do they care about this self-centred cretin, while you're sitting there visualising your boot landing on the cretin's face?

Most of us have a tight circle of 10 people (if we're lucky) of genuine friends and family and even the thickest people are only really using FB to communicate to those people, and not you. It's not all that different to overhearing some idiot at the back of the bus talking loudly on their phone, or snooping around an acquaintance's email account. You shouldn't be privy to it - it's really none of your business - but Facebook insists you should want to be 'connected' to as many people as possible, and if you don't, you're socially dysfunctional.

In truth, of course, they just want as many people seeing their links and adverts as possible, and their genius way of getting you to do that is to play on fundamental human insecurities - a system where people compare and compete with others in numbers of 'friends', updates, birthday messages, travelling photos, etc.

If we all reduced our FB footprint to reflect the reality of our social lives, Facebook would be out of business in no time at all. The whole thing is a gigantic con: one of the defining blights of our vapid, self-centred, envious, superficial modern lives.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your Forum Name made me laugh just then.

No she just followed it with a load of those little hearts. I guess everyone loves those little hearts.

I'd love to know how they type the hearts. There's no heart button on my keyboard?
This discussion has been closed.