Recent Italian quality tv sf?

Apprentice 2 SAApprentice 2 SA Posts: 2,342
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is there any recent Italian quality tv sf?

I'm looking for something that

1. is an Italian programme. (not for example an English programme dubbed into Italian.)

2. where it is available with Italian dialogue and English subtitles. (Not looking for dubbed versions, for example.)

3. has the production values of say 'The Returned' or 'Once Upon A Time', or better

4. is a science fiction genre programme,

5. is drama, not comedy

Ideally I'd like a tv series, but if there aren't any available, then films would be an alternative.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What research have you done? (To avoid people wasting their time making sugestions that you may have already explored)
  • Apprentice 2 SAApprentice 2 SA Posts: 2,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    What research have you done? (To avoid people wasting their time making sugestions that you may have already explored)

Google and I spent a fruitless couple of hours on it last night and got nowhere! :(
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Not to be rude but I've always been led to believe that "Italian quality TV" is something of an oxymoron these days thanks to Berlusconi and his Mediaset empire!
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,941
    Forum Member
    The Arrival of Wang (2011) "L'arrivo di Wang" (original title)

A pretty decent modern Italian sci-fi movie I watched and enjoyed last year. It's really a psychological movie.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    The Arrival of Wang (2011) "L'arrivo di Wang" (original title).
    Any relation to Biggus Dickus?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A pretty decent modern Italian sci-fi movie I watched and enjoyed last year. It's really a psychological movie.

Thanks. I'll see if I can find that one.
  • Will_BeeWill_Bee Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I watched that and it was good.

I constantly scour for any foreign sci fi from anywhere in the world(Korean and Japanese are my least favourite). The arrival of Wang is the only Italian one I can think of as well.

I am eagerly awaiting series 3 of the excellent Swedish "real humans" (Äkta människor), that is real good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will_Bee wrote: »
    I watched that and it was good.

I constantly scour for any foreign sci fi from anywhere in the world(Korean and Japanese are my least favourite). The arrival of Wang is the only Italian one I can think of as well.

I am eagerly awaiting series 3 of the excellent Swedish "real humans" (Äkta människor), that is real good.

Thanks for the recommendation.