Options

Liam - faded to obscurity already?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
Forum Member
Hey kids!! I just got back from a sunday afternoon shopping trip to the Gateshead MetroCentre and my hubby and I were in HMV when I spotted Liam at the back of the store with his dad and another friend. I was like, Oh my god - it's Liam!! Dead excited!

But apparently I was the only one. The store was packed and not a single person other than me gave him a second glance. Even the cashier looked totally bored and unimpressed when he went to purchase whatever it was he was getting (I wasn't THAT close to see, cos I'm not that big of a stalker!)

Anyway, it struck me as odd that only I seemed to recognise him. Has he faded to obscurity that quickly or were the other shoppers just being coy? What do we think?

PS - I can report he is REALLY cute in real like too and not as wide as he looked on tv either. (I wasn't a HUGE fan of his during BB, but he IS really good looking in real life)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad to hear that not many recognised him. His ego is already huge enough. The sooner I never have to hear about him again, the better.
  • Options
    adelineadeline Posts: 1,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow!...he's an awful FOOL for not hooking up with Amy post BB. A BB relationship can go along way to keep you in the spotlight.

Amy kinda implied/suggested this to him one night...but she held back on actually saying it incase she be called a schemer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    omgwtfbbq wrote: »
    I'm glad to hear that not many recognised him. His ego is already huge enough. The sooner I never have to hear about him again, the better.

At a nightclub in Sunderland last night he had to be taken off the stage. He was in danger of being mobbed[enthuseastically]The peaple who were looking out for him had clothes torn Liams arm was hurt.He is to be employed as an agony aunt by one of these magazines.Lots of other stuff in the pipeline. Including the anti bullying alliance, breast cancer.MS So omgwtfbbq im pleased to tell you suffer.
  • Options
    PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    adeline wrote: »
    Wow!...he's an awful FOOL for not hooking up with Amy post BB. A BB relationship can go along way to keep you in the spotlight.

Amy kinda implied/suggested this to him one night...but she held back on actually saying it incase she be called a schemer.

Actually, much as I liked Amy, I disagree with this. Why should anyone hook up with someone simply to get publicity or carry on being talked about? Surely that's just what some people are accusing Ziggy and Channelle of doing.

The predictions of stardom for BB contestants are so way out that they are amusing to read .Even some of the most popular ones never make it and most are either hanging around nightclubs waiting for the paps, still hoping for record deals or appearing on obscure TV and radio shows just a year after their BB glory.

I quite like the idea of someone going on BB, having a couple of weeks in the papers then going back to their normal life- it's refreshing. Maybe if we get more BB contestants like that in BB it will change for the better and stop being the 3 month audition for TV Presenters, Glamour Models or OK Magazine Numpty that it has turned into.
  • Options
    WAKEYLASSWAKEYLASS Posts: 6,085
    Forum Member
    Pretzel wrote: »
    Actually, much as I liked Amy, I disagree with this. Why should anyone hook up with someone simply to get publicity or carry on being talked about? Surely that's just what some people are accusing Ziggy and Channelle of doing.

The predictions of stardom for BB contestants are so way out that they are amusing to read .Even some of the most popular ones never make it and most are either hanging around nightclubs waiting for the paps, still hoping for record deals or appearing on obscure TV and radio shows just a year after their BB glory.

I quite like the idea of someone going on BB, having a couple of weeks in the papers then going back to their normal life- it's refreshing. Maybe if we get more BB contestants like that in BB it will change for the better and stop being the 3 month audition for TV Presenters, Glamour Models or OK Magazine Numpty that it has turned into.

I totally agree with you Pretzel. Liam stated many times in and out the house that he wanted to go back to his normal life. Fair enough, he has made a few public appearances, if someone is willing to pay you good money to do so, then why not?

He is still entitled to go shopping without being mobbed. He still has a private life and wishes not to tell anyone who cares to listen anything about his private/sex life. I respect him for it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At a nightclub in Sunderland last night he had to be taken off the stage. He was in danger of being mobbed[enthuseastically]The peaple who were looking out for him had clothes torn Liams arm was hurt.He is to be employed as an agony aunt by one of these magazines.Lots of other stuff in the pipeline. Including the anti bullying alliance, breast cancer.MS So omgwtfbbq im pleased to tell you suffer.

Why the hell would the anti-bullying alliance want to be associated with someone like Liam. :mad:His attitude towards some of the female HMs bordered on bullying in my opinion, especially when he talked of ganging up with the other lads to force out a female HM. As for becoming an agony aunt, it doesn't surprise me that he would want a sex change operation.:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would believe that he was taken off stage (for boring the audience and wasting time) and that people wanted to mob him (but not enthusiastically).

Thankfully I don't read magazines so I won't have to bear his column of shitty advice.

And that's rich, Liam being involved in an anti-bullying campaign. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much as I love the guy, I'm just not seeing the agony aunt business. I can just about imagine his advice :p :eek:
  • Options
    EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,607
    Forum Member
    Liam is one of several BB8 housemates to have already faded into obscurity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For those who have a problem with Liam.Liam has been approached by the anti bullying alliance. A magazine has asked him to answer queries sent in by young
    peaple.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    I think Liam wanted to enjoy his 15 minutes of fame and then go home; return to work and then just get on with the rest of his life. I only wish every BB contestant was in it for the experience like Liam. Good luck to the guy.:) : I personally feel Liam will be more than happy to fade into obscurity.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like Liam's attitude (or so far). He seems to accept he has 3 minutes of fame and it's almost up. If January comes and I am still seeing BB8 HM's (the most sinfully boring lot of fame seeking **** the show has seen in it's history and who damaged the show) in the papers, then I'll start to get pi*sed off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    I quite like Liam's attitude (or so far). He seems to accept he has 3 minutes of fame and it's almost up. If January comes and I am still seeing BB8 HM's (the most sinfully boring lot of fame seeking **** the show has seen in it's history and who damaged the show) in the papers, then I'll start to get pi*sed off.

well said
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the anti bullying alliance want a promoter from BB I could think of a much better one atm than Liam.
  • Options
    Say_It_LoudSay_It_Loud Posts: 6,283
    Forum Member
    I think Liam wanted to enjoy his 15 minutes of fame and then go home; return to work and then just get on with the rest of his life. I only wish every BB contestant was in it for the experience like Liam. Good luck to the guy.:) : I personally feel Liam will be more than happy to fade into obscurity.[/QUOTE]

Seeing him on the cover of OK magazine looking all cosy with Dani Lloyd tells a slightly different story!;):D

If nothing else i'm sure he will milk the lucrative nightclub PA angle which will suit him, and he may even enjoy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If the anti bullying alliance want a promoter from BB I could think of a much better one atm than Liam.

You of course know more than peaple who are paid to do what they do. yea right.
  • Options
    soozy_cookiesoozy_cookie Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why on earth should anyone get excited about seeing a game show contestant? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You of course know more than peaple who are paid to do what they do. yea right.

How do you know what I know? At least I do know how to spell and use correct grammar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How do you know what I know? At least I do know how to spell and use correct grammar.

You may well, but the Anti bullying alliance, are happy to choose Liam. No not happy, delighted.He has also been invited to run in next years London marathon for the Multiple schlerosis society.
  • Options
    JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why on earth should anyone get excited about seeing a game show contestant? :confused:

That's a bit of a dubious comment to make on here.

You don't get busy forums and psychophantic fans for who wants to be a millionaire contestants as far as I'm aware. :p

Anyway good on him. He'd get critisized if he was turning up at premieres for milking every last drop of fame. (Though I must admit, winning the £100,000 probably had a lot to do with it)

Seems as if you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    cakmoore11 wrote: »
    Hey kids!! I just got back from a sunday afternoon shopping trip to the Gateshead MetroCentre and my hubby and I were in HMV when I spotted Liam at the back of the store with his dad and another friend. I was like, Oh my god - it's Liam!! Dead excited!

But apparently I was the only one. The store was packed and not a single person other than me gave him a second glance. Even the cashier looked totally bored and unimpressed when he went to purchase whatever it was he was getting (I wasn't THAT close to see, cos I'm not that big of a stalker!)

Anyway, it struck me as odd that only I seemed to recognise him. Has he faded to obscurity that quickly or were the other shoppers just being coy? What do we think?

PS - I can report he is REALLY cute in real like too and not as wide as he looked on tv either. (I wasn't a HUGE fan of his during BB, but he IS really good looking in real life)

these reality stars want you to come rushing up to them. anyone with a brain would not give them the satisfaction and just ignore them.

also he doesnt stand out in a crowed. he is very plain looking.

i would have just walked straight past.
  • Options
    jaqjaq Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    I saw him as well - he must have just come out of HMV. It was actually his voice I recognised. A couple of other people recognised him, but nobody really paid any attention to him, other than to turn round for a look.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julzei wrote: »
    Anyway good on him. He'd get critisized if he was turning up at premieres for milking every last drop of fame. (Though I must admit, winning the £100,000 probably had a lot to do with it)

Seems as if you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    Very true, I can't believe that people are queing up to pat Liam on the back for not being a 'wannabe' when the fact is that he's already had his payday! I don't have to tell you what I think he would have done with the £100k if he'd really had just 'the experience' in mind (hint: not kept it all for himself).

There is no doubt that some BB contestants are chasing fame for fame's sake but for quite a few of fame is probably only a means to an end. Since Liam got a pile of cash without having to work the media afterwards it's not really fair to compare him to the other contestants who have got bills to pay and are just making the most of their opportunities. It's also worth pointing out that, as a male contestant with no relationship as-such, his revenue streams were pretty limited in any case. In my experience most of the people groaning about tiresome wannabes have Channelle in mind-- you can't compare her with Liam, though. It's not like there is an equivalent of NUTS catering to the needs of females which could have induced to Liam to 'degrade' himself... Also, and I'm not saying this makes him a bad person in my eyes, I'm sure he'll be happy to take full advantage of the extra female attention thrown his way as the result of being a Z-list celeb.

Although come to think of it... I did read a cheesy Liam interview in Now! a few weeks back.'Refreshing', 'Back to normal life', 'not milking it'? Two words: "Please!" and "hah!" :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I could think of plenty of better ones than Liam. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    omgwtfbbq wrote: »
    I could think of plenty of better ones than Liam. :)

Exactly. Luckily for him his manhandling of the girls a lot of the time was left on the cutting room floor. Beats me why they would choose someone that will send the audience into a coma with that monotone voice of his.