Options

Forum design feedback

Comments

• Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing that's changed since earlier on is the smiley selection.

It honestly isn't that hard to install decent smileys into a bulletin board, I've done it several times myself and I'm not an expert programmer.

I am, however, keen on retaining my bulletin board users, which doesn't seem to be the case here.

*Properly sad looking smiley* 'Properly angry looking smiley*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ... and the indistinct faces of the smilies!

There had better not be a Jack the bloody ripper element to things :o

As I hear a tap tap tap at the door.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other one was cosier. This seems a bit bleak and unwelcoming - .:cry: < even he's unhappy.
  • Options
    phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It works faster because noones' doing much of anything else on the forums!!!
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    This is crap. I hit a smiley and it took me out of my post to the white pop up I can't get to the end of a thread coz I can't see it. Right side gone. This is not an improvement it's 20 steps backward . Grey grey grey

Same happened to me...totally unbelievably awful :devil:

Now it's done it again......
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    At the bottom right there are page numbers listed, not in the same way as before but they're there. Also if you click the small white arrow under the last page number you have an option to jump to a specific page.

Not on mine theres not.

I have to use the mobile version and all there is is the arrows to go back amd forward one page and the ones to go to the first or last page. If i switch to the other version i cant see the whole page
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Calm down everyone, Controller Tom said it was just a lick of paint, this is obviously the undercoat, the dark blue gloss will be out tomorrow.
  • Options
    nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't like it.
    Colours make my eyes hurt, can't see right hand side of page.
    Yuk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell. That is an abomination!

It's actually pretty close to standard settings in the phpBB forum software package. Personally I prefer it to vbulletin, very easy to sysadmin.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see sod all on the mobile version on my netbook. Thread titles but not who started them or how may pages, or if they are locked, or last viewed or whether I posted in any. Can't use smilies, no multi quote and my eyes are knackered from the last size on the test chart font.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    DS, I hope your not answering posts on here because your too busy in the car park beating the crap out of those responsible for this complete FUBAR.

Using a 7" tablet, you have a;

Fixed height floating nav bar taking up the top third of the screen.

A persistent pop up advert taking up the bottom quarter of the screen.

25% or so of the right side of the page trapped out of view because zooming no longer works - also preventing clicking the advert close button.

Forum search button not working.

Fixed height posts - just in case we might have seen something in the tiny viewing porthole that remained.

And to top it off, an inability to see what you are typing as the keyboard blocks that tiny porthole.

F'ing amateurs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pootmatoot wrote: »
    The actual font is excellent.... just about 2/3rds the size it should be for natural legibility.

Yeah I would agree on that there is a bit of peering into the screen going on. Bigger size needed.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    The colour scheme could at least be changed, or viewers given a choice. The grey is just relentless.
  • Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh God....I WANT TO GO TO BED BUT I CAN'T SEE!

WHERE IS MY BED!
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    Calm down everyone, Controller Tom said it was just a lick of paint, this is obviously the undercoat, the dark blue gloss will be out tomorrow.

I hope so. This clinical grey theme is like the White Witch winter in Narnia. Cold, bleak and depressing.

If they replaced the grey borders with blue, the forums would look so much better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Not on mine theres not.

I have to use the mobile version and all there is is the arrows to go back amd forward one page and the ones to go to the first or last page. If i switch to the other version i cant see the whole page

Ah fair enough, I never use the mobile version.
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member

Dark blue? Nah! I reckon it'll be dayglo green on dayglo red. Really give everyone a headache!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You have to feel sorry for who evers idea this was

"Right, I'm delighted with it, the DSers are going to be in for a treat, they will LOVE this, they will be beside themselves with glee"

NOPE :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What's that Northern Ireland-typical phrase of "agreement" I'm grasping for...? yes....

Aye, right! :p
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sites with this level of usability I tend to drift away from, it's just too clunky to be fun.

The area behind text has become white for me, and the banners between posts a bit smaller.

See here if you don't have that:
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=70107943&postcount=1806

It's still unwieldy though.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I think we should watch what we are saying as i have a feeling the mods will have selective vision tomorrow. Any scrap of positive they will exagerate and completely ignore the negative.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pootmatoot wrote: »
    Oh God....I WANT TO GO TO BED BUT I CAN'T SEE!

WHERE IS MY BED!

Look DS, look what you are doing to Pootmatoot - it's madness I tells ya, madness!
  • Options
    gadget_ukgadget_uk Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    I have already mentioned no horizontal scrolling on the DS website.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1916576
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is not an undercoat they have laid on the woodchip :(
  • Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    Jrl_Jrl wrote: »
    DS, I hope your not answering posts on here because your too busy in the car park beating the crap out of those responsible for this complete FUBAR.

Using a 7" tablet, you have a;

Fixed height floating nav bar taking up the top third of the screen.

A persistent pop up advert taking up the bottom quarter of the screen.

25% or so of the right side of the page trapped out of view because zooming no longer works - also preventing clicking the advert close button.

Forum search button not working.

Fixed height posts - just in case we might have seen something in the tiny viewing porthole that remained.

And to top it off, an inability to see what you are typing as the keyboard blocks that tiny porthole.

F'ing amateurs.

Welcome to the forums! You would have loved the old one!

[Green Grin Here]
This discussion has been closed.