Options

The Mafia with Trevor McDonald

JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else looking forward to this? I wonder if he'll join them for a day?:D

Trevor's documentary travel shows are always good.

Comments

• Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a member of the Mafia ?
  • Options
    beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »

That's the image I had in my head when I read the thread title.

I also have the image of him berating someone for failing to pay their protection money, in headline form, with one of his goons hitting the guy every time he says 'Bong'.
  • Options
    itscoldoutsideitscoldoutside Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah should be a good watch. Not sure when its on though does anyone know.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »

Maybe just the ITV branch of the Mafia?
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    JordyD wrote: »
    Anyone else looking forward to this? I wonder if he'll join them for a day?:D

Trevor's documentary travel shows are always good.

I saw his hidden Caribbean, well I think I suffered 2 episodes and it was cack, I wasn't the only FM who didn't rate it either, suffered a bit of his Mississippi one that was cack too.

I'm tempted by this, but if I do watch it, it'll be despite Trevor's involvement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always suspicious of some documentaries with the name of the presenter having "equal billing" as the topic.

Mind you I was always suspicious of the news if Trev was reading it.
    Trev takes "wooden" to a new level.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when the hostage Terry Waite was released and Trevor reported he had been flown home ''by the RAC'':D
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta love Sir Trev, will give this a watch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Trev would retire, he's a nice old gent, but a bit of a TV dinosaur .
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They advertised this like a year ago. Thought it had already been on.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    They advertised this like a year ago. Thought it had already been on.

Maybe he's only just escaped their clutches.
  • Options
    ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    Maybe he's only just escaped their clutches.

He was snatched instead by the Gay Mafia.

They didn't hurt him, they just criticised his dress sense and gave him tips on his interior design.

:D
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe the Mafia provide the horse's head and Trev provides the horse's thing at the other end. Just a rumour.
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw his hidden Caribbean, well I think I suffered 2 episodes and it was cack, I wasn't the only FM who didn't rate it either, suffered a bit of his Mississippi one that was cack too.

I'm tempted by this, but if I do watch it, it'll be despite Trevor's involvement.

Plenty of good Mafia docs out there, this however will not be one of them , it will be more like teletubbies meets McDonuts.

Off topic but if you want to see a good British real life crime movie then check out The Wee Man about the gangsters in Glasgow during the eighties/nineties.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Off topic but if you want to see a good British real life crime movie then check out The Wee Man about the gangsters in Glasgow during the eighties/nineties.
    sounds a bit too like the smelly drunks who ask me for money at a big London station.
  • Options
    AnonandonAnonandon Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Plenty of good Mafia docs out there, this however will not be one of them , it will be more like teletubbies meets McDonuts.

There certainly is plenty. I went to the infamous Corleone about 8 years ago and asked a local what there was to do in the town and without a hint of irony he said if I hung around for a couple of days I could appear in one. Sure enough as we where leaving Rick Stein turned up to watch how ice creams made.
  • Options
    TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not a fan of Trevor either, doesn't seem the ideal person to do an expose on crime does he, Politics, news or even travel shows fine but hes no Ross Kemp.
    Will watch despite Trevor McDonald.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen a clip of this.

Poor old Trev seems to have about as many facial expressions as an Easter Island head.
  • Options
    St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trevor McDonut
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TRIPS wrote: »
    Not a fan of Trevor either, doesn't seem the ideal person to do an expose on crime does he, Politics, news or even travel shows fine but hes no Ross Kemp.
    Will watch despite Trevor McDonald.

Checked my post about his Caribbean doc, still thinks he's a Journo, rather than a presenter?
    Biggest problem with his other doc's I mentioned was the subjects covered, there was buggerall insight, utter $hite IMO.
    IIRC Other FM's mentioned that for a Caribbean doc it was surprising how there didn't seem to be any Black people involved/interviewed.
  • Options
    ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Wee Man is rubbish, apologia for a scumbag like Ferris, and not much of a film to boot.

Dozens and dozens and dozens of British gangster films far superior, recent and classic.
  • Options
    tivtiv Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For quite a while we were given "Tonight With Trevor McDonald" even though he only popped up at the beginning and end and contributed absolutly nothing to the the actual programme. Presumably they felt the presence of Sir Trev made the programme authoritative.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiv wrote: »
    For quite a while we were given "Tonight With Trevor McDonald" even though he only popped up at the beginning and end and contributed absolutly nothing to the the actual programme. Presumably they felt the presence of Sir Trev made the programme authoritative.

Yeah!

I made this comparison some time ago.

It was just like "Dixon of Dock Green."

In that old police drama, towards the end of his long participation, Jack Warner who played Sgt. Dixon, was wheeled in to stand on the police station steps at the beginning of the programme to say little more than "'evenin' all," then disappeared, until the last couple of minutes of the drama drama, to stand in the same position and say, "Mind how you go!"
    I guess at that time, he wasn't a well man.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tiv wrote: »

Oh, I remember that, couldn't really work it out.
    Maybe ITV thought we'd visualise Trevor in the office like a Newspaper editor barking orders and sending reporters hither and thither to chase up the scoops and hitting those deadlines.
    Probably bowled in from the RAC club did his piece to camera and went back to his club for his afternoon nap.

Poor bloke seems to be getting a toeing now. :)
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sounds a bit too like the smelly drunks who ask me for money at a big London station.

😜😃 crap name but a corking movie though.