Options

Couples, how can you enjoy sharing a bed?

VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
Forum Member
I've been eternally single - the times I've pulled and/or slept with friends (just sleeping!) I've found it invading my personal space, constantly waking up due to duvet or lack of it, trying not to move in case I wake up the other person....MUCH prefer the bed to myself - and partnered friends look forward to it when their other half goes away.

Comments

• Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I like a bed to myself.
  • Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a little like when your baby vomits or craps on you..... you don't mind so much when it's someone you love.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If I ever get a boyfriend - I think there would have to be a sex bedroom and then our own bedrooms for sleeping and time alone.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oddly enough I miss the snoring, nudging and squirming when she's not around.

Also the way she snuggles into my shoulder or wakes me with a morning BJ. :)
  • Options
    TheDonkTheDonk Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess you've never had good sex, you sleep together easily afterwards. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm just not that intimate I guess
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like sharing a bed with my woman.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because in the winter having a warm body to toast your hands/feet on is heavenly, as is the reassurance of having them next to you. I've often found nights where I've been stressed and kept awake that cuddling into my boyfriend relaxes me in a way I didn't think would've been possible.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate sleeping in the same bed as my OH as
    he fidgets and snores constantly! We've rarely spent the night in the same bed since i was expecting our 3rd baby as i couldn't stand the disruption any more. We tend to do the "deed" then part our ways til next day!
  • Options
    mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oddly enough I miss the snoring, nudging and squirming
    . :)

Oddly enough!..I dont!.......:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always hated having to share a bed with someone when I'm in a relationship as I've never been able to get a proper night's sleep. I really hate the fact that I have to sleep on one side the whole night with my back to the other person to avoid breathing in their breath!
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My OH and I have a huge bed and separate duvets... it works well ;)

I'd be cold otherwise :(
  • Options
    tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    I hate sleeping in the same bed as my OH as
    he fidgets and snores constantly! We've rarely spent the night in the same bed since i was expecting our 3rd baby as i couldn't stand the disruption any more. We tend to do the "deed" then part our ways til next day!

Sounds perfect,i might suggest it to her.
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strangely, for me, its depended on the person. Some girlfriends I've had absolutely no problem sleeping in the same bed with. With others, it was a pain in the ass to get a decent nights sleep with - and they weren't snoring or noisy either. Ultimately, I think it comes down to how comfortable you are with that someone.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mrs is only tiny but she manages to take up 3/4's of our bed, I'm used to sleeping on the edge now though lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    I've been eternally single - the times I've pulled and/or slept with friends (just sleeping!) I've found it invading my personal space.

When you're a couple, your personal space is shared.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinman wrote: »
    Sounds perfect,i might suggest it to her.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    horns wrote: »
    When you're a couple, your personal space is shared.

Ugh, sounds dreadful
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm beginning to see why you're single.
  • Options
    Born FreeBorn Free Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    Ugh, sounds dreadful

You won't get the boyfriend you want then!
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skillpadde wrote: »
    Because in the winter having a warm body to toast your hands/feet on is heavenly, as is the reassurance of having them next to you. I've often found nights where I've been stressed and kept awake that cuddling into my boyfriend relaxes me in a way I didn't think would've been possible.

I have dogs for that ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our boiler was broken last night and I would have felt like freezing to death without the extra warmth - I do have to poke him to make him stop snoring regularly though :p
  • Options
    Achtung!Achtung! Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    I have dogs for that ;)

Don't their claws hurt when they spoon you?
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,884
    Forum Member
    Never lived with a woman yet and not married but will geve serious consideration to sleeping in a spare bed when not in the mood or "having it"! Even if I do get some, could well go to the spare bedroom is my plan afterwards!

Just been listning to Come Dance With Me by Dizee, I think people should play that tune a bit more as well!
  • Options
    TheDonkTheDonk Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    We tend to do the "deed" then part our ways til next day!

Each to their own but that sounds a dreadful way to have a relationship to me.

Is the old man in full agreement with this or just going along with it to keep you happy?