Options

Can't afford christmas bithdays

GabriellaGabriella Posts: 997
Forum Member
✭✭
Hello,

I have a bit of a problem with this coming wk, one of my best friends and my boyfriend's birthday are 2 days apart and I have bought them their pressies. Because my Boyf took me out for a meal on my birthday I want to do the same for him. My friend has been good to me this yr so I got her a really nice pressie but without my knowledge a meal has been set up on Friday nite to celebrate her birthday and then I was taking my Boyf out Sunday for a meal too. I still have pressies to buy and just can't afford it all...what do I do? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretend you're ill so you won't be able to go for the meal.

Honestly, that's what I would do.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cook for your boyfriend instead.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    If you can cook well,bake them a cake,some cup cakes or some cookies.

Home made presents always go down well.
  • Options
    tenorladytenorlady Posts: 1,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get one of those supermarket deals, dine in for a tenner, for your boyfriend's birthday. 3 courses and a bottle of wine, all in the comfort of your own home. M&S seems to be the best.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    I am sure your boyfriend and friend will both understand that money is tight. I had a friend who was in the same position - her gift to me at Christmas was a beautiful card in which she had written a lovely message which said ' My gift to you is a three course dinner of your choice to be cooked by me any date you choose' She filled the card with glitter as well. I thought it was lovely.
    I hope you have a great Christmas. x
  • Options
    GabriellaGabriella Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hiya, cooking for him isn't a option- I won't go into details but I will have to take him out for a meal due to space issues. My girly group of friends usually just meet for a drink at birthdays, I thought that was what was going to happen this yr.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gabriella wrote: »
    Hiya, cooking for him isn't a option- I won't go into details but I will have to take him out for a meal due to space issues. My girly group of friends usually just meet for a drink at birthdays, I thought that was what was going to happen this yr.

Could you tell your friend you just cant afford it and offer to meet them afterwards for a few drinks and bring her her birthday present.
    Meals out this time of year tend to be more expensive because restaurants do set menu's. I'm sure your friend would understand.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure that either your boyfriend or girly friend will understand if you propose doing something a few days later when you get paid again.

But as others have said can't you do a home cooked meal for either one of them ?
  • Options
    tenorladytenorlady Posts: 1,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gabriella wrote: »
    Why don't you see if you can join your girly group of friends after the meal for a drink rather than go for a meal that you can't afford? That way you will still see the birthday girl and you'll save money as well.