Inspector De Luca BBC4 22nd March?

Comments

• sej17sej17 Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Unlikely...

These episodes were made in 2008 and I'm thinking if any more were going to be made then it would have happened by now

Oh, that's a shame, I hadn't realised that these episodes were 6 years old this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The series is self limited as there are only three books by Carlo Lucarelli. It would be nice to see the Grazia Negro duo - Lupo mannara and Almost Blue or L'ispettore Coliandro series - all by the same author.
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like a film after De Luca ends?

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/cndknp/the-body

K
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    sej17 wrote: »
    I wish I looked like that.
    I wish I had clothes that kept as pristine as that after days and days of wear without change and white trousers that miraculously cleaned themselves of all the mud after digging up the body. Presumably he continued to smell sweet as well! :kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As expected, a big drop for ep2 in the officials:

INSPECTOR DE LUCA (SAT 2102) 608k

K
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    As expected, a big drop for ep2 in the officials:

Not a surprise. Even Radio Times are retrospectively admitting the opener was shit and it`s ep 2 where this would`ve manifested most clearly.

Salamander and now this - BBC4 need to get some quality back in that slot sharpish.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,936
    Forum Member
    Hopefully Crimes of Passion, 1864 (we get to see Sidse Babett Knudsen and Lars Mikkelsen again :)), Hostages and the new Wallander will be of a better quality! We are also meant to be getting the Irish drama Amber and Welsh crime series Y Gwyll this year. I saw Y Gwyll on BBC Wales and I enjoyed it, maybe not up to the standard of TK or The Bridge but worth a watch. I think Sky Arts won the rights to the other Danish series BBC4 were up for, The Legacy. Not sure when that will be aired.

Yet to watch my recordings of Inspector De Luca, but I'll get to it. Still only halfway through Salamander!
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Not a surprise. Even Radio Times are retrospectively admitting the opener was shit and it`s ep 2 where this would`ve manifested most clearly.

Salamander and now this - BBC4 need to get some quality back in that slot sharpish.

Salamander was very popular and IMHO excellent entertainment. Sorry if insp. Luca was the blip then OK, but do not condemn BBC 4 for one duff show, though I thought Luca did improve with episode 2.

BBC 4 has continued to show superb international drama 'in that slot' as you put it. And they have been brave at least they have tried to give more than just Scandi drama, when it would have easy to keep the bandwagon rolling.

I believe it's Spanish next, and with rest of Saturday night as it is I intend to continue to watch BBC 4 on a Saturday.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully Crimes of Passion, 1864 (we get to see Sidse Babett Knudsen and Lars Mikkelsen again :)), Hostages and the new Wallander will be of a better quality! We are also meant to be getting the Irish drama Amber and Welsh crime series Y Gwyll this year. I saw Y Gwyll on BBC Wales and I enjoyed it, maybe not up to the standard of TK or The Bridge but worth a watch. I think Sky Arts won the rights to the other Danish series BBC4 were up for, The Legacy. Not sure when that will be aired.

Yet to watch my recordings of Inspector De Luca, but I'll get to it. Still only halfway through Salamander!

There's also the latest series of Montalbano
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    ...as it is I intend to continue to watch BBC 4 on a Saturday.

Perhaps if less people had that attitude they might not just stick anything in there and might start being more picky. I`m not just going to watch whatever happens to be on there regardless and judging by the ratings for IDL it seems many others are of the same mindset.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps if less people had that attitude they might not just stick anything in there and might start being more picky. I`m not just going to watch whatever happens to be on there regardless and judging by the ratings for IDL it seems many others are of the same mindset.
    The first episode was rightly criticised (because it was terrible!), but ep2 was good and ep3 was, in my view, excellent. if you gave up after ep1, i'd strongly recommend you try the next two...

K
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,936
    Forum Member

I forgot that V, thanks. I like a bit of old Mentalbaldo :D

Edit: Just googled Montalbano and read that because of the popularity of the shows more Brits have been going to Sicily on holiday and there are Montalbano tours, a bit like when Wallander became popular it spawned Wallander tours :D

Just found La casa di Montalbano, it's a B&B and it's the place used as Mentalbaldo's house so you can stay there and you'll have the same view as you see in the show! I love the view from the terrace overlooking the sea. Haven't checked prices yet..... :)
  • Veiled LodgerVeiled Lodger Posts: 121
    Forum Member

We are up to date with Montalbano, we had the latest series after Young Montalbano last October / November. Camilleri has recently sent another three books to the publishers and there is one already published which hasn't been filmed, so perhaps they will make another series later this year and we will get it next year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are up to date with Montalbano, we had the latest series after Young Montalbano last October / November. Camilleri has recently sent another three books to the publishers and there is one already published which hasn't been filmed, so perhaps they will make another series later this year and we will get it next year.

I'd forgotten about that...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    The first episode was rightly criticised (because it was terrible!), but ep2 was good and ep3 was, in my view, excellent. if you gave up after ep1, i'd strongly recommend you try the next two...

K

As has been said before, the first episode wasn't based on one of Cario Lucarelli's books which could explain why it didn't really fit
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 3 was very good. The whole series describes a place and period I hadn't known much about - Italy at the point where the Germans left, Mussolini fell, and the Allies swept in. It's gradually become much more than a detective series. Mind you, I too would like some of those magical self-cleaning clothes. The bit where the girl took off de Luca's trousers, I watched in complete disbelief as immaculately clean underwear was disclosed!

The first one was so dire, I only watched ep 2 out of boredom. Strange series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    saralund wrote: »
    Episode 3 was very good. The whole series describes a place and period I hadn't known much about - Italy at the point where the Germans left, Mussolini fell, and the Allies swept in. It's gradually become much more than a detective series. Mind you, I too would like some of those magical self-cleaning clothes. The bit where the girl took off de Luca's trousers, I watched in complete disbelief as immaculately clean underwear was disclosed!

The first one was so dire, I only watched ep 2 out of boredom. Strange series.

Interestingly the last episode is set in April 1948. A general election took place that month, the first after the abolition of the Italian monarchy.
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hang on, the main reason I started to watch BBC 4 on Saturdays is because every other channel was lousy. And when I look at the other fair available at that time I consider it good taste that I will try Belgian, Italian or whatever international drama is available.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As has been said before, the first episode wasn't based on one of Cario Lucarelli's books which could explain why it didn't really fit
    The story itself wasn't so bad, it was the dubbing and the out-of-sync sound track that made it a very hard watch!

K
  • jammoon1jammoon1 Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Enjoyable episode, complicated who's who as usual, and poor De Luca's brow-beaten expression is a delight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    According to the new Radio Time the '48 election serves as a backdrop to the last episode
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm reminded somewhat of when I watched the Sharpe series, in each episode it was 'oh, who's he going to sleep with this time?' Lol, this last episode though he wasn't exactly in a state to make a good choice. The English guy who kept flipping from English to Italian .. I found that a bit weird and sometimes hard to follow, like sheesh, one or the other. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The riots that took place in the final episode were based on actual events

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmiro_Togliatti#.22Salerno_turn.22_and_shooting
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting background info that watching stuff like this gives you - e.g. regularly moving the prostitutes from brothel to brothel so the men didn't get bored!!!

K