Options

What is your earliest memory of Music?

enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
Forum Member
✭✭✭
for me

listening to Nickleback , Outcast and Shaggy growing up.

Comments

• Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    rubber ball.......I'll come bouncin' back to you oo oo........

bouncy, bouncy..........
  • Options
    DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playing Bobby's Girl on a Dansette style record player in the early 70's. There were several children in the room around the ages of 7-14 so perhaps it was a birthday party. I was about 6 or 7 myself. There was a lot of 60's music being played on 45's, I sort of remember A Hard Day's Night being played as well.
  • Options
    mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i dont really remember.... theres alot of vague memories. my mum used to listen to the radio and play her kenneth mckellar album, so something about taking the high road, lol. i remember seeing cliff richard performing the young ones, and i remember the shadows 'wonderful land'.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember I was four and Celine Dion- Think Twice on the radio
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember seeing the video for Billy Joel's Uptown Girl on Top Of The Pops and wandering why the woman in the big hat was dancing with the car mechanics.

I also remember the Flying Pickets performing Only You on TOTP and being scared by the bald headed guy who looked a bit like Uncle Fester.

Both of the above would have been approx late 1983 making me 5 years old.
  • Options
    cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My earliest would be from when I was about 3,Cliff Richard had just had a number 1 album which my mum played constantly...20 years on we still have the album and still play it,it has some cracking songs on it
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listening to Ceili House on the radio with my dad.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I remember my parents giving me three CDs of (I believe) 60s music when I was about four.

I still listen to a lot of 60s today.

I have quite a varied taste in music.
  • Options
    jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was born in 1991 and so I remember sort of from 95 onwards. My mum had two favourite singers and that was Cher so it was mainly her albums 'Heart of Stone' and 'Love Hurts' that she would play a lot. Her other favourite singer was Toni Braxton and 'Secrets' was played a lot too. My Dad loves Alice Cooper so had to listen to him constantly.

My older sister is 10 years older than me so she was a teenager. So I remember being in her room and listening to Take That, Blur, Boyzone, Alishas Attic, 5ive. Then when I was 5, my first favourite band of my own was the Spice Girls
  • Options
    rufus oculusrufus oculus Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    Dirtyhippy wrote: »
    Playing Bobby's Girl on a Dansette style record player in the early 70's. There were several children in the room around the ages of 7-14 so perhaps it was a birthday party. I was about 6 or 7 myself. There was a lot of 60's music being played on 45's, I sort of remember A Hard Day's Night being played as well.

I was born in 1957 and my family had a Dansette too. I used to love Bobby's Girl when I was little and thought it was addressed to Bobby Charlton:)
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave Clark Five ...Bits and Pieces !
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    "She Loves You" ~ The Beatles (August 1963).
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    Dave Clark Five ...Bits and Pieces !

An early favourite of mine too. Used to strum along on my steel-stringed plastic toy guitar.
  • Options
    rufus oculusrufus oculus Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    I remember listening to Family Favourites and being smitten with A Scottish Soldier by Andy Stewart and Jeepers Creepers by Hayley Mills (?)
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Due to my Mother, lots of Soul music, Motown mainly.
    Due to Father it was classical music.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I remember my parents giving me three CDs of (I believe) 60s music when I was about four.

I still listen to a lot of 60s today.

I have quite a varied taste in music.

Same here, I like loads of stuff.
  • Options
    yorkieUKyorkieUK Posts: 2,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember listening to The Beatles on the radio singing "She loves you". It would have been around 1963 I think and I would have been 5 years old or so. I don't think I ever got to hear all of the song either. My Mother hated The Beatles and whenever they came on the radio she turned it off!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clearly - 'Two way family favourites' and 'Sing something simple' on the radio. My Grandma had the radio on all day.
  • Options
    mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clearly - 'Two way family favourites' and 'Sing something simple' on the radio. My Grandma had the radio on all day.

Ahhh yes, two sunday shows. Sing something simple followed the chart run down i believe, but was a staple in our house. Two or three way family favourites was on whilst mum was making sunday roast dinner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Here you go, a blast from the blast for you Dave.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH5-pb1OY0A
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can remember watching Sandie Shaw win Eurovision.

I remember my mum having Radio 1 on all day every day when it first started and they used to play " Baby Now That I've Found You" by The Foundations about 10 times a day.
    It's so much a part of my early memories now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here you go, a blast from the blast for you Dave.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH5-pb1OY0A
    Thank you.:)
    Virtual cheese and biscuits for that ... help yourself (I have an infinite supply)
    :D
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listening to an album by a woman whose greatest hits was always being played by my mum
    That woman, was none other than Madonna. I was 5 years old and i was soon demanding for that album to be put on. That is my earliest memory of music. That and learning how to control the remote control and always having the music channels on, where i would discover the Vogue video.
  • Options
    floogfloog Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being scared of the video for Another Brick In the Wall when I was about three or four :D
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few stick in my mind, Mother and Child Reunion, The Pushbike Song and There's a Kind of Hush. All good stuff.