Options

EE: Who does Emma think the killer is?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
Forum Member
What if Emma guesses the killer is Jay because in Fatboy's video he is wearing that woolly hat. The hat belonging to the mystery boy on the bus! Jay and Ben already have to something to hide plus they had Lucy's phone and wallet. What if they knew they would be framed and they or one of them tamper with her car - they both work in the garage and would know what to do?

Comments

• Options
    Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be one of the Branning daughter's, anyone else wouldn't stop her from going straight to the police
  • Options
    Lisa_Thomas2Lisa_Thomas2 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It certainly seems to be someone she has a connection with. She sounds upset when making the phone call.
  • Options
    Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    It certainly seems to be someone she has a connection with. She sounds upset when making the phone call.

Which makes me think it's a Beale. Lest we forget she's been there from the start with the whole family. It stands to reason she'd feel - among many other things - badly let down. And for me it suddenly seems to obvious to be a Branning...
  • Options
    Lisa_Thomas2Lisa_Thomas2 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which makes me think it's a Beale. Lest we forget she's been there from the start with the whole family. It stands to reason she'd feel - among many other things - badly let down. And for me it suddenly seems to obvious to be a Branning...

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. Would be an interesting explanation for not going straight to the police because it would be hard to believe in one of the Beales committing cold blooded murder, it would suggest more of a tragic mistake. DTC said the killer reveal would be sad.
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling that she thinks it is Max. Perhaps when she finds out that Max disposed of the tape (of Lauren going into Lucy's house).
  • Options
    BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously either Max, Abi or Jane
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abi or Jay with the resulting person dying on NYE, Emma then decides to leave Walford.
    This is my bet, of course I predict even if Emma dies, the person she thinks it is won't be the person it actually is.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    She watches a "supposedly deleted video".

The only supposedly deleted video we've seen so far is the CCTV of Max abusing Lucy outside the car lot. Max burned the laptop containing the evidence, but it could have been stored away somehow.

There could also be CCTV of when Max pushes her over the table. The tape ends before Lucy got up again, so Emma could believe that that's the moment in which she died.
  • Options
    lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren has maternity leave so it would be her but she didn't actually commit the crime
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    Are we to assume that Emma is right?
  • Options
    KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The line about "Only been gone five minutes", in relation to Patrick having a nasty fall stirred a reaction. In any of the alibis, did anyone say they were only out for a tiny amount of time?
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The line about "Only been gone five minutes", in relation to Patrick having a nasty fall stirred a reaction. In any of the alibis, did anyone say they were only out for a tiny amount of time?

Was Denise said she was only out for 5 minutes i believe
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "5 minute" comment is obviously the significant one. I'm wondering if it is to do with Lauren? She was going to knock on the Beale's door, was it to get help for Lucy if she had hurt herself? Did she change her mind?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laika wrote: »
    The "5 minute" comment is obviously the significant one. I'm wondering if it is to do with Lauren? She was going to knock on the Beale's door, was it to get help for Lucy if she had hurt herself? Did she change her mind?

Not to insult her but Lauren isn't exactly strong, how would she have moved the body from the flat, to the Common, without any detection?
  • Options
    BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 5 minute comment was interesting, as was the looking around at all the houses - she was calculating how long it might take person to travel between them or something, I don't know

But I think all of this is a red herring. I'm not sure that Emma has got this right at all.

IF she has got it right, though, then I'm pretty sure we've just ruled out Max, Lauren, Jane and Ian.

She didn't even take a second look at Jane or Ian as they walked past her. If she was starting to realise it was one of them, she definitely would have.

As for Max and Lauren - when they came into the house, she left to ring her suspect. "I was hoping to get hold of you." Well, that's not how you greet someone a) you're living with or b) you've just run away from.

In fact, the way she said it made it seem like someone she hasn't seen for a short while - that greeting isn't a "I saw you half an hour ago or this morning" kind of greeting.

That heavily implicates Whitney who isn't around at the moment - possibly even David Wicks -although where she'd have got his number from, I don't know.

Lastly, if the Square (and the pictures of the houses on the Square) held so many clues to her, then I think we can rule out: Ben and Dean, neither of them were on the Square at the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bertypop wrote: »
    The 5 minute comment was interesting, as was the looking around at all the houses - she was calculating how long it might take person to travel between them or something, I don't know

But I think all of this is a red herring. I'm not sure that Emma has got this right at all.

In fact, that then opens it up for everyone at the party if it is accurate - they might have stepped out for fresh air, or a cig, or anything for just five minutes - usually you don't have to report every minute detail of your night to the interview/cops, especially for something as minor as a **** break
  • Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Abi state in her albi that Max may have popped out for five minutes? She seemed scared about being in the Branning house which to me suggests she was talking to one of them.
  • Options
    pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    It was David Wicks. Death by toast
  • Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bertypop wrote: »
    In fact, the way she said it made it seem like someone she hasn't seen for a short while - that greeting isn't a "I saw you half an hour ago or this morning" kind of greeting..

Surely that means Abi then?

Why else would she flee the Branning house? If it's not someone under that roof then she could just take that call just outside the door or even in another room as we've seen her do on a couple of occasions when speaking to Cameron.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delete
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    What doesnt make any sense its like the beales dont want to know who killed her surely the music box they would want to take it straighr to police check for fingerprints, and why they so against emma she is trying to help them, the killer is got to be abi peter or jane
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is Abi at the moment?
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    gina_lok wrote: »
    What doesnt make any sense its like the beales dont want to know who killed her surely the music box they would want to take it straighr to police check for fingerprints, and why they so against emma she is trying to help them, the killer is got to be abi peter or jane

I think The Beale's are definitely being quite secret. I don't like how they jump whenever someone mentions Lucy. It's as if they don't want the killer to be found.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why was she looking at Denise and Dean when they ran out the pub?
  • Options
    tfox6tfox6 Posts: 2,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Emma previously had any scenes with Aleks ?