Minecraft a couple of questions

LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
Forum Member
My grand daughter got a tablet for Christmas. Shes been playing on Minecraft and spends a fair bit of time on it :(

Now can anyone explain in nanny language lol..what the game is about is it a safe game for her to play and can anyone contact her on the game. Like I said shes only 9yrs old and you hear stories about games.

Also who is the villian?? She keeps saying the brother of the man who invented it has hacked it ( no idea whats shes on about lol) and he can control the game??? We me and her mam both say to her if anyone tries to talk to you to let one of us know but you know what kids are like asking them to tell you and them telling you can be two different things !

Comments

• martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    LaineyT wrote: »
    My grand daughter got a tablet for Christmas. Shes been playing on Minecraft and spends a fair bit of time on it :(

Now can anyone explain in nanny language lol..what the game is about is it a safe game for her to play and can anyone contact her on the game. Like I said shes only 9yrs old and you hear stories about games.

Also who is the villian?? She keeps saying the brother of the man who invented it has hacked it ( no idea whats shes on about lol) and he can control the game??? We me and her mam both say to her if anyone tries to talk to you to let one of us know but you know what kids are like asking them to tell you and them telling you can be two different things !

Minecraft has no specific goal, it gives you the freedom to explore and build your own worlds and just have fun, it's a great game for children, there is no risk or danger in letting your child play this game, even more so on the tablet version of the game.

For more on minecraft read this page, tells you everything you need to know

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minecraft

I have 2 boy's and they love minecraft, my eldest is 10, youngest is 3, my 3 year old is getting rather addicted to it lol.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    martytarty wrote: »
    Minecraft has no specific goal, it gives you the freedom to explore and build your own worlds and just have fun, it's a great game for children, there is no risk or danger in letting your child play this game, even more so on the tablet version of the game.

For more on minecraft read this page, tells you everything you need to know

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minecraft

I have 2 boy's and they love minecraft, my eldest is 10, youngest is 3, my 3 year old is getting rather addicted to it lol.

Thanks for that Marty Its just her and her freind were playing it and kept going on about this "brother" who can destroy everything lol..It just makes you wonder whats she on about lol.. And yes they do play on it for to long lol...Will read the wiki link :D:D
  • gothergother Posts: 14,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »

Thanks for that Marty Its just her and her freind were playing it and kept going on about this "brother" who can destroy everything lol..It just makes you wonder whats she on about lol.. And yes they do play on it for to long lol...Will read the wiki link :D:D

She might of been on about the enderman? which is something that shows up in the game occasionally and moves blocks around.
  • martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Yeah enderman sounds about right

http://minecraft.wikia.com/wiki/Enderman

I think enderman might be based on a lovely person called Slenderman :o

Don't let that put you off lol :D
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody creepers destroy everything.
  • cpikey316_cpikey316_ Posts: 1,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for the brother, I think you mean Herobrine

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Herobrine
  • gothergother Posts: 14,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Bloody creepers destroy everything.

I hate creepers the buggers always sneak up on me.:(
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's basically lego, but in a computer game and the limits of building are you imagination. A lot of people play on free mode which means the only thing to do is build. Its a classic building game, they are very addictive as the player is often given a lot of freedom.