Options

Andy shouldnt've gone :(

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,172
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How could they vote him off? He has a way bigger following, sure a few people were better than him, but how can Leon STILL be in there?!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy needed to go this week - he was terrible.
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, he should've gone. He wasn't anything special compared to some of the others...

As for Leon... he'll be there for a while yet, but it's a matter of time. :)
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First of all if he had a big following he wouldn't have landed in the bottom 2.

Secondly, I don't think he'd appreciate you using him as an excuse to take a cheap shot at Leon.
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Andy wasn't good last night. I would imagine that a lot of the people who vote don't actually have a favourite and will vote on the performance. He was poor and the song was totally wrong for him. This year's selection of songs has actually been quite dire. I don't think one of Andy's performances has been great - but I don't think this year's competition is a patch on the past ones. X-Factor 2005 will take some beating because they had superb finalists - all 12 of them were better than most of this year's.

And the competition now seems to be all about the judges anyway.

I like Leon, but that song didn't suit him either.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy has been mid-table obscurity for me until last night but that performance was one of the worst I have ever seen on X Factor.

If you are basing it on last night, the right person went home. If you are looking for consistent crap performances from the series so far it should have been Hope or Leon.
  • Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    I would've preferred Beverley to have gone and Andy to get a chance with a song that suits his voice. Beverley is boring..as is Niki
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JTW wrote: »
    I would've preferred Beverley to have gone and Andy to get a chance with a song that suits his voice. Beverley is boring..as is Niki

My feelings exactly.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A "way bigger following" who didn't have telephones?

Andy was short odds favourite to go last night for a reason.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was his time :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Andy did deserve to go. He came further than he should have. He's got a pleasant enough voice but he is so dull. He hasn't got that spark that you need to be on the X Factor.

And yes, he should have gone. Beverley didn't give a fantastic performance last night but I feel she gives emotional performances whereas Andy has given the same boring drivel for every live show. I felt sorry for him but I don't think Dannii was right to put him in the finals.

Next week, it should be Leon's turn. I have a horrible feeling it won't be though.
  • Options
    LojenLojen Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What is this mystical song that suites such an abysmally weak voice?

He has been no better than mediocre each week, and last night he was just woefully inadequate. The right person went imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lojen wrote: »

He has been no better than mediocre each week, and last night he was just woefully inadequate. The right person went imo.

He did well in his auditions and at boot camp.....perhaps similar songs to what feels right for him, rather than stitch ups like that Chasing Cars song last night which did not suit his voice one bit. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend is a friend of Andy's and he's been working so hard. He does have a big following. Niki and Beverley are boring to me. They're just club singers. Neither of them have the XF. Rhydian does as does Andy
  • Options
    MargueriteMarguerite Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He should never have been there in the first place.

I'm sure he's a lovely guy and all that, but he just wasn't good enough, mind you nor are most of the others either:D
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lojen wrote: »

Albatross?
    Telstar?
    Apache?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BBDodge wrote: »
    Albatross?
    Telstar?
    Apache?

Lol....I just coughed out my coffee there :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Andy DID deserve to go last night BUT he has been surplus to requirements ever since Rhydian was labelled "world class" and the producers cottoned on to how popular Leon is as far as the sympathy phone vote goes (Leon has fans too who boost the revenue further).

So Andy was never given a song that suited him. Hence his disappointing performances and exit last night.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,872
    Forum Member
    I agree with the OP, i didn't want Andy to go and don't think he should've gone. They haven't once given him the right song (on Andy's second performance last night he did really well and his vocals was so much better) I honestly think Bev should've gone because in the long run i think that Andy would sell more singles than Bev.
  • Options
    LeonFan40LeonFan40 Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    I liked the guy, I love Chasing Cars as well but his first performance of it was horrible. His second performance is on youtube and it's MUCH better.
  • Options
    orlando1orlando1 Posts: 962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the OP, i didn't want Andy to go and don't think he should've gone. They haven't once given him the right song (on Andy's second performance last night he did really well and his vocals was so much better) I honestly think Bev should've gone because in the long run i think that Andy would sell more singles than Bev.

X Factor continues to disprove the old saying, It's the singer not the song.
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm suprised he lasted this long. He is just boring and has no charisma. He sung Stayin' Alive and still sent me to sleep!
  • Options
    One and OnlyOne and Only Posts: 4,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBDodge wrote: »
    Albatross?
    Telstar?
    Apache?
    Lol....I just coughed out my coffee there :D:D:D

Just adding my praise to BBD.:D

You could have included Sleepy Shores though.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    I did feel very sorry for him last night as I did like him and I didn't think he was given good enough material. I hope he can manage to pick himself up and try again next year if he wants or else try and go and put himself out there and get work and make it in his own right without the X factor, I think he could still do it. Good luck Andy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was awfully boring. He looked dead when he performed.
  • Options
    lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't concentrate on the singing...
    Wow have you ever seen anything sexier in jeans?