Spice Girls Announcement Soon..

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    chrisqc wrote: »
    Theres no need for new material in Vegas

I go there on vacation every year all that town wants is greatest hits show

Saw britney on my last trip she only plays 2 song from her latest, Saw shania for the second time no new songs at all

Cool! Was the show any good? I wish I could go but I haven't got the time or money :(
  • Gail forceGail force Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    No one needs new material in Vegas! I saw Cher there a few years back and she did all her hits, and then did a new song where you felt the audience get a bit bored. Then the old stuff came out again and the place went crazy.

It's true about most nostalgic pop bands or artists touring too - the audience isn't there to hear new music. They're there to sing along an hear songs they know and love.

Yeah but Cher wasn't singing songs that appeal to 10 year olds. All the old spicegirls hits are very much geared to very young Girls. Cant imagine grown ups would still get a kick out of forty somethings singing wannabe etc.
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they don't mind I will quote the Spice Girls if a comeback is happening.

I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want .... stop right now thank you very much

PJ ;-)
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    backstreet and spice...that's the word.

Heaven help us all...;-)
  • kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were talks with the Backstreet Boys.... but the ladies poured cold water on that idea some months ago.

This announcement is something else
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,980
    Forum Member
    kenny12 wrote: »
    There were talks with the Backstreet Boys.... but the ladies poured cold water on that idea some months ago.

And when is it coming?
  • Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    Their harmonies were very close to the original songs

That's because they were.

Press play, open mic between songs for banter, close mic, press play.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We've been here before...:p
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps Geri is releasing an album to follow up her smash hit top 300 single in Australia?
  • Gail forceGail force Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    Perhaps Geri is releasing an album to follow up her smash hit top 300 single in Australia?

She seems to have gone into hiding since that fiasco. Getting quite worried about her to tell the truth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could this all be an April fool I just hope they are releasing the never made DVD of there 2007 reunion that was huge I can forgive them for not admitting there was a DVD made fine sell it give us what we wanted back in 2007 lol
  • David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan Sette wrote: »
    That's because they were.

Press play, open mic between songs for banter, close mic, press play.

As I said in my post, I was there and I have the live album too, I know I was hearing live vocals because I could hear their breathing.

I never even said their singing was particularly good, that the original vocals on their songs are good or they were the best singers in the World, simply they sung live. I can hear the difference between live music and play back.

The harmonies were close to the original songs, which is my point that if they're gonna do it live and pull that off then the fans will be happy enough & they've done their job. They can't be slated for that because they couldn't have achieved anything better than that.

They were also very energetic and did a lot of dancing and I was impressed for women in their 30's how good they moved.

If that were true that they were miming wouldn't there have been an uproar about it since thousands went to the tour like how people reacted to Britney Spears when she mimed?

I'm not a mega fan of the group, if they were crap live I would actually have wanted them to mime but they were, despite everything, good at what they did that night. I'd definitely go again if they do tour because it was just a bit of light fun.
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Smells like you're talking manure to me
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said in my post, I was there and I have the live album too, I know I was hearing live vocals because I could hear their breathing.

I never even said their singing was particularly good, that the original vocals on their songs are good or they were the best singers in the World, simply they sung live. I can hear the difference between live music and play back.

The harmonies were close to the original songs, which is my point that if they're gonna do it live and pull that off then the fans will be happy enough & they've done their job. They can't be slated for that because they couldn't have achieved anything better than that.

They were also very energetic and did a lot of dancing and I was impressed for women in their 30's how good they moved.

If that were true that they were miming wouldn't there have been an uproar about it since thousands went to the tour like how people reacted to Britney Spears when she mimed?

I'm not a mega fan of the group, if they were crap live I would actually have wanted them to mime but they were, despite everything, good at what they did that night. I'd definitely go again if they do tour because it was just a bit of light fun.

Agreed. They actually all have decent voices except for maybe Victoria. They are much better singers than a lot of current pop artists like Rihanna and Katy Perry. I'm not the biggest fan because their music is a little too commercial and manufactured for me, but to say they are completely lacking in talent is not fair. I think it's sad that the singing of pop stars is getting worse and worse with time. A lot of artists from the 80's and 90's sang live and did have some vocal ability, but now that's gone completely out the window.
    I enjoyed their reunion tour. It's entertainment and light hearted fun. I think there should be a place for fun music and more artistic stuff. They don't pretend to be anything other than what they are and don't take themselves too seriously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member

I think calling men in their forties "boys" and a menopausal has-been "baby" is pushing it a bit
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad they're not touring with the Backstreet Boys. I don't think their audiences go together very well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smells like you're talking manure to me

We'll see...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll see...

I'm having flashbacks to the last 'big announcement'...we saw that one for what it was too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RikScot wrote: »
    I'm having flashbacks to the last 'big announcement'...we saw that one for what it was too :)

Rather confused as to what you are trying to insinuate... Perhaps you could expand.

Some people may not like what eventually comes out but I never tell porkies and have only ever revealed information ahead of time about Geri and the Spices of which I was sure to be near confirmation to the best of my knowledge.. which has worked out rather well so far.

Horse, mouth.

From the Olympics and Viva! to Geri's ill fated projects, my information has been consistent reliable and here - well before hitting the press.
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rather confused as to what you are trying to insinuate... Perhaps you could expand.

Some people may not like what eventually comes out but I never tell porkies and have only ever revealed information ahead of time about Geri and the Spices of which I was sure to be near confirmation to the best of my knowledge.. which has worked out rather well so far.

Horse, mouth.

From the Olympics and Viva! to Geri's ill fated projects, my information has been consistent reliable and here - well before hitting the press.

....but still no news. Hmmmmm
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spice girls had their day and decided to spend it arguing and bitching so let them stay away.:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not saying you don't have information...just that the end results last time, the musical and the Geri H comeback, were somewhat underwhelming after all the hype
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lee_w wrote: »
    Could this all be an April fool I just hope they are releasing the never made DVD of there 2007 reunion that was huge I can forgive them for not admitting there was a DVD made fine sell it give us what we wanted back in 2007 lol

That's what I was hoping for if the news wasn't a tour. I still don't get why there's no DVD when there's professionally filmed footage on YouTube
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There will never be a commercial DVD release of The Return' 07/08.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There will never be a commercial DVD release of The Return' 07/08.

Why? It would go platinum..