Strictly Come Dancing...'it takes two'..chat thread.. (Part 15)

Comments

• LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoe has GOT to stop saying 'hashtag' all the time!
  • dippydancingdippydancing Posts: 9,428
    Forum Member
    DeltaBlues wrote: »
    I wish they'd credit their audience with the ability to follow one topic for more than three minutes at a time and stop splitting up eg Craig's bit, Khoreography Korner, Ian's segment...we'd save a couple of minutes each time in not having to do a mini wrap-up and reintroduction. It's like TV for the E number generation with these ridiculous breaks.

I couldn't agree more. I always associate it with wanting to disguise the fact that a programme has too little content, but that's not the case here- they have too much to cram into a 30 minute show as it is. But "pace" is the all-important watch word in media, regardless of what it does to the content.
  • dippydancingdippydancing Posts: 9,428
    Forum Member
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    I wonder what Zoe really thinks, no one can be this gushing over everyone, "YOU WERE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!"

I get the impression that she genuinely empathises with their effort and response to the experience of being on the show rather than their actual dance ability.
  • Clarkie66Clarkie66 Posts: 5,892
    Forum Member
    I was surprised to hear Zoe admitting that she had heard who had left by getting a text when she as in bed. Surely this is an admission that the results are available on a Saturday night and a big no no for anyone involved in the programme.
  • GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Zoe spoke less and listend more the interviews will be a lot longer and the guests will have a lot more to say.
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clarkie66 wrote: »
    I was surprised to hear Zoe admitting that she had heard who had left by getting a text when she as in bed. Surely this is an admission that the results are available on a Saturday night and a big no no for anyone involved in the programme.

She didn't say that

Because she was sad about Thom going after the show had aired Norman sent her a text even though he was sitting right next to her at the time to say how sorry he was for her loss
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am gutted about Thom going .. wish they could do a Bake-Off and say 'nobody is going this week .. perhaps two will go next week' :D
    I'm mourning for the dances I will never see him do :(:blush:
  • ruby-tuesdayruby-tuesday Posts: 8,470
    Forum Member
    Sad to see Thom and Iveta go - had they stayed I think they would have delivered more than Simon and Kristina who seem to be flat-lining rather than improving.

I agree with this, Thom seemed to be improving each week, apart from that cha cha .... traditional cha cha music would have been so much better .... but he had a lot of potential and I shall miss him very much :(
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with this, Thom seemed to be improving each week, apart from that cha cha .... traditional cha cha music would have been so much better .... but he had a lot of potential and I shall miss him very much :(

Yes it was a poor song choice for a cha-cha-cha, and for a beginner to dance a cha-cha-cha to. I picked up on Iveta saying this very thing on ITT - she said it was more suited to a samba in terms of timing. There's been quite a few songs used which haven't been suited so far, and the Pro's aren't supposedly responsible. How come then that all Pixie's music has been very appropriate for every one of her dances ? Has Trent had some say in it I wonder, because all her songs have been perfect. Perhaps not this week for the tango seeing as it's Halloween, but she's been lucky so far !
  • VintageWhineVintageWhine Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RobMiles wrote: »
    I like Thom, but I thought he was dancing to one of the worst songs ever written! I can't believe he said it was a great song. I think Iveta is really upset about leaving.

I think so too. She may seem like an ice queen, but if you look closely during the judges' final decisions, she couldn't quite manage to rein in her feelings. Then, when given the chance to speak, she started gushing as we'd never heard previously.
  • SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    I always look forward to Craig on a Monday night and listen to the reason behind his marks. I was really sorry for Thom and Iveta, but the putting the light out, imo it is yet another silly addition to the show.
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that finds the "switching off the light" bit REALLY awkward? It's like LIGHT OFF and then for the 2-4 second the shows still on air, the couple just kind of stand there. It's a bit weird. Maybe it's just me. :confused:

When they were doing those searching for Maria's, Dorothy's, Namcy and Jason's in those Andrew Lloyd Webber music shows, they stripped the losing contestents of their Pinnie's, Multi Colured coats and ruby slippers and made them sing a losing song, now that was mean.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I HATE, absolutely HATE this new ITT Monday format..I think that its a bit harsh to interview the eliminating couple last and it set up a sour note on the end of the show :(:( and then to ask them before they exit to dim their light on the pic of the class of 2014 :(
    What an awful way to end the show :(

Since Karen wont be here tonight, is someone else doing Choreography Corner at her place :confused: I loved it when they invited Flavia and Vincent to do it the week that she was absent....
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AFAIK it's Iveta, Aliona and another of the professionals (Natalie?) doing CC.
  • DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's Choreography Corner, I think it's answering viewers' questions instead.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Since Karen wont be here tonight, is someone else doing Choreography Corner at her place :confused: I loved it when they invited Flavia and Vincent to do it the week that she was absent....

BIB Aliona, Tristan, Natalie and Iveta are on the sofa tonight answering questions from the general public that have been tweeted to ITT using the hashtag #AskITT

no choreography corner tho
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    BIB Aliona, Tristan, Natalie and Iveta are on the sofa tonight answering questions from the general public that have been tweeted to ITT using the hashtag #AskITT

no choreography corner tho

• brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all:)

I think Barry from the Eggheads has had his teeth done! He looks 'different'!
  • ForerroRocherForerroRocher Posts: 10,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all. :)

What was THAT about? :o
  • brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell............:o
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is very silly.

And I'm laughing - especially at Iveta:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    I looooooove when they get Iveta to do comedy!
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear oh dear, Scott - frightening routine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, 3 couples and the pro panel. It's all going to be a bit rushed again.
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Ivetas sense of humour !
This discussion has been closed.