The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 58)

Comments

• VirtuosoVirtuoso Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bleeding Love - I actually didn't know who Leona Lewis was at this stage and I only listened to emo and indie at the time but this girl that I was seeing was singing it and was going on about how it annoyed but she loved the song. It was on again and I realised that it was the same girl that my aunty really liked on the X Factor. It was only watching her perform on T4 that I got into it because I'd never paid attention to vocalists before in terms of ability but after that I was hooked.

Happy - I was in my office and it came on my radio. I was disappointed to be fair because I felt it could have been stronger but I liked the vocal run. Ultimately, though I think it was good a pop song and the lyrics were great.

Collide- I heard this in a taxi on the way home from work and I thought it was okay but I didn't like the vocal on the first line sounded a bit robotic.

Trouble - Was surprised because I didn't know where she was going with it. It was a very confused return and after the first vocal, you're expecting something big but the chorus was underwhelming.

One More Sleep - Googled Leona and found it was out. Listened to it, loved it. It was one of the best Christmases I've ever had and I remember cooking for my best friend's family while listening to it. Very good Christmassy feel.

Was just thinking. This music will probably be brought up quite a lot with Simon because she's left. I imagine she'll get a lot of interviews just out of interest for the Simon thing (probs before the music).
  • ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    I first heard Bleeding Love when Leona performed it on The X Factor. I had been waiting for her return, but wasn't online at the time so had to wait until then. (I don't really listen to the radio). I was disappointed at first because I was expecting a huge ballad. But it grew on me once I'd bought the Spirit and played it in the car a lot.

Following Leona can be credited with me becoming much more Internet/ tech savvy. I noticed that she had a website from the Spirit cover so I checked that out at the local library, got my own laptop and found this forum. This meant that I heard all the subsequent singles online as soon as I could.

So I was anticipating Happy and played it as soon as it was available online. I loved the song and still do, probaly more than BL. But I was worried when after playing it several times, I couldn't remember the hook when I woke up the next day. I still think that was part of the reason that it didn't work as a lead single on radio, even though it is a fantastic song.

Collide took me by surprise. I heard it on my laptop while on holiday. I enjoy it in performance, but it isn't one of my favourites. However, I think it would have been a good summer single if it had been released earlier, had more performances and had no been messed up by the Aviccii issue.

Not an album. But I don't want to miss out Hurt. I loved it and the whole EP on first listen. I still remember how moved I was when I heard it. I love her voice on all 3 songs and feel that is when she started to display even more maturity in her voice.

I can't remember exactly when I heard Trouble. It will have been as soon as it appeared. Again, I didnt feel it was particularly radio friendly. I also prefered the version with Childish Gambino and wished it had been performed on the X Factor. it is my least favourite of all her lead singles and I really believe that Glassheart would have been a far better choice. It has everything imo.

One More Sleep was such a breath of fresh air and fun. I loved it immediately. And it was so great to hear Leona at last releasing a totally fun, upbeat song.
  • Twilight17Twilight17 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The US are loving our british musicians ATM. The I tunes charts show mark ronson no 1 ... Ed sheeran no 2 and ellie goulding no 3 ... Hopefully Leona can continue team gb success over the Atlantic !

Also nothing today ?! Gutting
  • pokerfaceLelepokerfaceLele Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know, when she performed Run at this event?
    I think I have never seen this performance before, but I am not sure.
    Must be 2010/2011 right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EV_UXeGSXY
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be 2010/2011 right?

Yes, I posted it last year :) It's end 2011
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be 2010/2011 right?

God, she looks amazing there. I wish 2011 Leona was back - look and vocals wise haha. I'm excited to see 2015 Leona though! :cool::D
  • geraldbaezgeraldbaez Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do u guys think we might get something tomorrow?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geraldbaez wrote: »
    Do u guys think we might get something tomorrow?

I think Leona would tell us if something is coming
  • IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »

I'm not sure she would....but I hope she does!
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't know if we will her anything tomorrow, but I hope that tomorrow or this week at least brings us some official news. It doesn't even need to be the big news for me, just something.

I wonder if they have shot the actual music video yet, I hope they have.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure she would....but I hope she does!

I don't think she'd let her song premier without telling fans tbh.. She announced Trouble and Collide premiere too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I don't know if we will her anything tomorrow, but I hope that tomorrow or this week at least brings us some official news. It doesn't even need to be the big news for me, just something.

I wonder if they have shot the actual music video yet, I hope they have.

Yeah, I don't mind waiting either. I just don't like the silence that keeps me wondering when we will get something
    Forum Member
    I don't think she'd let her song premier without telling fans tbh.. She announced Trouble and Collide premiere too

Oh, I was meaning a snippet! I don't think she'd let us know for that! but a premier, yeah!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I was meaning a snippet! I don't think she'd let us know for that! but a premier, yeah!

Ahh ok! :D I hope so too then.. Just some teasing
    Forum Member
    Ahh ok! :D I hope so too then.. Just some teasing

I hope so too! I mean...im sure we'll hear something before march 10th, so not long now!
  • shatteredglassshatteredglass Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the first single will be released straight away like Florence's or we'll have to wait? I feel like there's not much time if they want to get two single campaigns done by the album in July.
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the first single will be released straight away like Florence's or we'll have to wait? I feel like there's not much time if they want to get two single campaigns done by the album in July.

I was thinking this aswell, they have alot to do in a small space of time. I wouldn't be surprised if (behind the scenes) the album will move from July to early August. We'll see, I have faith in Island though.
  • X_UltimateBun_XX_UltimateBun_X Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Run' used on Lifetime for an Aaliyah tribute movie !! I got so excited 😂
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did leona actually record her songs in that studio that is being shown in the teaser-clip?
    Or did she probably rerecord them in a real studio?
    it might be the case though the whole roomw as soundproof. But what if a person in theroom dropped something or made a subtle noise. Mics pick up everything
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did leona actually record her songs in that studio that is being shown in the teaser-clip?
    it might be the case though the whole roomw as soundproof. But what if a person in theroom dropped something or made a subtle noise. Mics pick up everything

That shouldn't be a problem. Ella's album was mostly recorded in a room
    I bet this wasn't Leona's first time either
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That shouldn't be a problem. Ella's album was mostly recorded in a room
    I bet this wasn't Leona's first time either

Ok, i see :)
  • IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member

Don't worry, people who produce music hear literally everything and Toby Gadd is an experienced producer. That room/studio is really great because it has a really warm atmosphere. I'm not sure she recorded all of the songs there, tho.
  • EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    https://instagram.com/p/zsiUHLE2Oz/?modal=true

Leona looking great. :D

And Sarah too!
This discussion has been closed.