Any help appreciated...missing brown lab in Hadley wood/Trent Park area

royllsroyceroyllsroyce Posts: 1,163
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Her name is Phoebe

The owner is in bits

picture

http://s11.postimage.org/su01s92f7/BCS_JMq_CAAAx_MX7_jpg_large.jpg

Any help at all would be appreciated. She is most likely in woodland near the area. Lost during a daily walk

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    I hope your friends lab is home safe and sound. Sorry I am up in Scotland too far to help. If I was nearer I would have went out to help search. Good luck,
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dogs that run off often - eventually - return to where they last saw their owner. I would leave a well-worn garment - coat, t-shirt, whatever - in that place and return to it regularly. It is a way of trying to make sure the dog remains in a specific area. May not work, of course, but doesn't cost anything to try.

Presumably all vets, dog refuges, kennels, dog wardens, etc have been notified. Does the dog have a collar with contact details?

It always surprises me how many people don't have at least a phone number on dog collars. Dogs may be chipped but that requires a trip to a vet - much easier to reunite dogs with owners if the contact details (not necessarily the dog's name) is on the animal.

Hope Phoebe is found safe and sound.
  • tynka belltynka bell Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    You could place something on this website

http://www.nationalpetregister.org/

Hope she turns up soon
  • x_malibubabex_malibubabe Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was Emma Bunton (Baby Spice)'s dog, they found her today, but unfortunately not in the good way. :(

https://twitter.com/EmmaBunton/status/299151607868829696
  • rammsteinqueenrammsteinqueen Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is extremely sad - I really feel for Emma and Jade. I hope and pray Phoebe didn't suffer :cry:
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad news
    Hope that this will help her if she is reading this
    http://www.petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm
    Rainbow Bridge
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Not the happy ending I was hoping for. :cry:
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad news
    Hope that this will help her if she is reading this
    http://www.petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm
    Rainbow Bridge
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I'm a big strapping lad who is normally as senstive as a house brick but eveytime that poem makes me cry :( I think becuase I like the idea of my old dog being there, even though logically my head tells me its a ridicuolous idea I dont mind being wrong on that regard :)
  • wildpumpkinwildpumpkin Posts: 1,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    I'm a big strapping lad who is normally as senstive as a house brick but eveytime that poem makes me cry :( I think becuase I like the idea of my old dog being there, even though logically my head tells me its a ridicuolous idea I dont mind being wrong on that regard :)

That's lovely {{{{{ hug}}}}}}}
  • rammsteinqueenrammsteinqueen Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also like this one. Oh poor Phoebe, she was found on rail tracks - I cry typing this :cry:

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep. I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear, "It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea, You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore. I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care. I want to reassure you, that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key. I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair. I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It's possible for me to be so near you everyday. To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew, in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning and say "good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide, I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see. Be patient, live your journey out ... then come home to be with me.
  • blossom24blossom24 Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    God I'm in tears now.....only lost my baby 10 weeks ago...I hope she's waiting for me :cry:
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion...
    While I accept the comfort that the Rainbow Bridge concept provides to many people, I've had a lot of animals over the years and some of them didn't get on. I have this picture of them all fighting to get to me first... and having to head towards the ensuing fur-flying fight isn't such an attractive thought...