Magic Breakfast

6262 Posts: 295
Forum Member
Anyone know why NE & NW are networking breakfast but not Yorkshire? :confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    62 wrote: »

A guess would be contractual reasons. Perhaps Yorks will network when contracts of presenters are up?
  • wirewolfwirewolf Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Yorkshire stations still don't take Mike Read's show on a Saturday - a year after it started.
  • elcraigelcraig Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    I think also Newcastle and Manchester studios are set up for networking programmes to the other sites.
  • SmartProgrammerSmartProgrammer Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    62 wrote: »
    There will be a change to Yorkshire breakfast from April 15th.
  • Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member
    There will be a change to Yorkshire breakfast from April 15th.

One week after the TFM changes. Wonder what that could be then... :rolleyes:
  • MSBMSB Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TFM closing, Magic regionalising itself, Mapperley using the roll eye emoticon.

Is nothing sacred anymore?

:D
  • jolly turnipjolly turnip Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our own Darren Letham announced on his breakfast show today that he will finish Magic 1161 next Friday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    Glenn Pinder on Yorks Magic Network?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Sean Park wrote: »
    Glenn Pinder on Yorks Magic Network?

Yep, being broadcast from Magic in Sheffield (same building as Hallam FM).
  • MusicmasterproxMusicmasterprox Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just confirmed on Radio Today that Yorkshire will network Breakfast across the North from Monday.
  • jolly turnipjolly turnip Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just confirmed on Radio Today that Yorkshire will network Breakfast across the North from Monday.

Announced last week
  • MSBMSB Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An interesting post on another radio forum suggest the regional Magic stations may have been created for a reason - and it is linked to the Global/GMG buy out...
  • simon243simon243 Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MSB wrote: »
    An interesting post on another radio forum suggest the regional Magic stations may have been created for a reason - and it is linked to the Global/GMG buy out...

Intriguing, how so?

I'd have thought saving money is the main driver - as with the TFM/Metro merger although granted that does have the added benefit of creating a stronger regional competitor to Capital, Smooth and the impending Heart North East.
  • jimbojimbo Posts: 16,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In light of this, can anyone confirm what is to happen to Saturday Breakfast in Yorkshire? All NW and NE stations take Mike Reid at present but Yorkshire still has three separate Saturday breakfast shows.

What is happening to these? The article only makes reference to the weekday breakfast show.

Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimbo wrote: »
    In light of this, can anyone confirm what is to happen to Saturday Breakfast in Yorkshire? All NW and NE stations take Mike Reid at present but Yorkshire still has three separate Saturday breakfast shows.

What is happening to these? The article only makes reference to the weekday breakfast show.

Thanks.

I know I posted this earlier, but I now have the answer.

From 11 May 2013, Leeds will host a regional Saturday breakfast show. Sheffield is definitely stopping local breakfast on Saturday with 4 May being the last but cannot confirm whether the Hull local show will end also on 4 May as well.

Does anyone have confirmation about Hull?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLARIFICATION

Sheffield and Hull no long carry weekday local breakfast shows

From Monday 15 April, Leeds will host breakfast show on Hull and Sheffield services

From Saturday 11 May, Sheffield transmitters will carry the Leeds local breakfast show

Hull will continue to have a Saturday local breakfast show for the time being

The final Sheffield breakfast show is on 4 May
  • zingzing Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your bold key seems to have stuck jimbo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't normaly put in bold, but had to clarify the situation as there was conflicting info at first. The bold entry is correct at the present time. Sheffield is losing its Saturday local show with the last one being on 4 May but Hull carries on.
  • Eagle MountainEagle Mountain Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    So Glenn will continue to broadcast from Leeds will he? Someone suggested earlier that the Yorkshire breakfast show was to originate from Sheffield.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know who will be doing the show, but the current presenter in Sheffield on a Saturday told me he was leaving after 4 May and the show on the Sheffield frequencies would originate from Leeds.

Hull will remain unchanged - at least for now, so I am lead to believe.