Better Call Saul - Season 1 - US Pace

Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Starts next Sunday 8th Feb with the second episode on Monday 9th. I think a few people are looking forward to watching this, me included, so I hope our expectations aren't going to be too high.

Trailer

Comments

• munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot wait.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That soon already, looking forward to it.
  • Balbinder MannBalbinder Mann Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Review of first episode - looking good!
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    If you don't go into it with any expectations you won't be disappointed and may just enjoy it for what it is with some Breaking Bad references.

As we don't really know what it's all about format wise, best to just go into it open-minded rather than inventing what you want it to be and then finding that it's not like that.
  • GortGort Posts: 7,466
    Forum Member
    Meh. Never really cared for the character in Breaking Bad. He was OK in small doses, but a whole series dedicated to him would sorely test me. Might give it a glance, but not really itching to. Still, whatever rocks your boat, etc...
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odenkirk's just been on ABC's Good Morning and Kelly and Michael. Thank God for his kids convincing him to do Better Call Saul, he very nearly didn't.
    Forum Member
    Odenkirk's just been on ABC's Good Morning and Kelly and Michael. Thank God for his kids convincing him to do Better Call Saul, he very nearly didn't.

I expect he is well known in the states, but until I watched Breaking Bad, I had never heard of him. So his continuing exposure isn't doing him any harm at all.

I expect it pays a lot better than comedy work as well.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't go into it with any expectations you won't be disappointed and may just enjoy it for what it is with some Breaking Bad references.

As we don't really know what it's all about format wise, best to just go into it open-minded rather than inventing what you want it to be and then finding that it's not like that.

I think that's the best way to view the new series.
  • kempshottkempshott Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odenkirk's just been on ABC's Good Morning and Kelly and Michael.

Youtube link
  • Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is not going to be Breaking Bad. It is going to be about an idiosyncratic man trying to be a lawyer, make money and get laid.

While Mike is there all the other characters are new.

Personally I liked Saul. He always had a eye for getting extra business and I don't recall him having any scruples.

I'm looking forward to it. I think it will have attracted some very good writers.
  • FIN-MANFIN-MAN Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom2023 wrote: »
    It is not going to be Breaking Bad. It is going to be about an idiosyncratic man trying to be a lawyer, make money and get laid.

While Mike is there all the other characters are new.

Personally I liked Saul. He always had a eye for getting extra business and I don't recall him having any scruples.

I'm looking forward to it. I think it will have attracted some very good writers.

From what I have read, almost everyone (creator/writers/producers/show runner/directors) from Breaking Bad moved over to Better Call Saul.
    Forum Member
    Just got it! Only 20 minutes after broadcast in lovely HD!

I'll watch it later as it's bedtime now.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 1 now up on Netflix.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something to look forward to whilst I'm at work today. :p
  • LMLM Posts: 63,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can i enjoy this? even though i wasn't keen on Breaking Bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah bitch Tuco's back! :D

Great series opener can't wait for episode 2!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can i enjoy this? even though i wasn't keen on Breaking Bad.

There are a few nods to breaking bad with brief appearances from certain characters, if you were not keen on Breaking Bad though not sure you would like Better Call Saul as from that first episode its very similar in style and tone to Breaking Bad. Great blend of drama & humorous moments.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are a few nods to breaking bad with brief appearances from certain characters, if you were not keen on Breaking Bad though not sure you would like Better Call Saul as from that first episode its very similar in style and tone to Breaking Bad. Great blend of drama & humorous moments.

I liked the style and tone to breaking bad. I thought the writing and acting was tremendous, but the main plot involving drugs didn't keep wanting to come back every week. and i assume Saul's main plot is different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the style and tone to breaking bad. I thought the writing and acting was tremendous, but the main plot involving drugs didn't keep wanting to come back every week. and i assume Saul's main plot is different.

Oh, in that case i would give Better Call Saul a try then since it has a completely different story to Breaking Bad!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, in that case i would give Better Call Saul a try then since it has a completely different story to Breaking Bad!

Thank you:)
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't think it was very good.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Didn't think it was very good.

You weren't that impressed with Breaking Bad either, or am I recalling incorrectly?
  • grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it. A bit on the slow side but I enjoyed it non the less