Housemate Perks as told by Cheggers

Marie4evaMarie4eva Posts: 1,296
Forum Member
✭✭✭
''Katie Hopkins had her own bedroom and ensuite bathroom. I went over there one day and popped my head in and she had a table in there, a laptop. I thought hang on a minute. In the contract housemates weren’t allowed to sleep in the day, but Katie Hopkins was going over there for a kip in the afternoon!

Patsy Kensit was having a tanning session once a week, then she went to get her roots done. Calum Best was ordering cigarettes. I tried to order some bleach and couldn’t. Then I thought I’ll throw a wobbly, I said hang on if you’re giving him something that can kill him, is there any chance I can have a coffee?!''

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/showbiz-news/keith-chegwin-celebrity-big-brother-8611000

Comments

• Lily DarlingLily Darling Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie P wants to give him a horse. Nice for some.
  • magdemagde Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    I noticed Patsys grey roots (being a hairdresser) coming through in her parting area. Next day they'd gone and she'd had them darkened at the back to give the illusion that her hair is naturally dark and she has highlights but it's quite grey in reality.

Makes you wonder what sort of discussions she has with the hairdresser getting messages to & from home.

I'm sure Katie had wi-Fi and access to emails during her stay. So if this is the case, it would be quite interesting to see them getting this instead of trying to hide it from the general public.
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    magde wrote: »
    I noticed Patsys grey roots (being a hairdresser) coming through in her parting area. Next day they'd gone and she'd had them darkened at the back to give the illusion that her hair is naturally dark and she has highlights but it's quite grey in reality.

Makes you wonder what sort of discussions she has with the hairdresser getting messages to & from home.

I'm sure Katie had wi-Fi and access to emails during her stay. So if this is the case, it would be quite interesting to see them getting this instead of trying to hide it from the general public.

Hmm, I'm sure she didn't send her Sun column via homing pigeon. I believe she had access to the internet. She lied when she said she didn't.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,794
    Forum Member
    What he said about Katie Hopkins having her own bedroom could be true because I can't remember them showing many clips of them waking up in the bedroom in the morning. They usually do show them waking up don't they? Or did they show it all and I missed it?
  • KollKoll Posts: 3,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew about Patsy's fake tans but not about Katie having her own bedroom and bathroom...and laptop. Wow.

I remember La Toya Jackson had her own room during her series of CBB. I don't think it was a hidden secret to viewers. Thought it was a bit odd but then again she is a Jackson. I guess they just have to give into these demands to get them to sign the contract. Not sure I would give any housemate a computer with internet access though. The innocence of early Big Brother was lost long ago that's for sure.
    postit wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm sure she didn't send her Sun column via homing pigeon. I believe she had access to the internet. She lied when she said she didn't.

Do you think she checked her odds of winning online?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    She did have her own room, but this was said to be because of her epilepsy. She has seizures and apparently this made them give her a bedroom where she could be alone. But in the jungle and the apprentice she did not sleep apart from the others, so I don't know.
    I thought it was a well know fact that she was still writing her Sun column from inside the house! She said at one point that sharing a house with KP was like being in a toilet with a hormonal teenager.
    Maybe we should suspend our cynicism and declare that she had a computer but no internet access and merely saved her work onto a dongle and handed it over. I wouldn't put anything past them any more to be honest though.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Bless Keith...all he wanted was bleach and coffee :D Not much to ask.:(
  • Marie4evaMarie4eva Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think she had net access otherwise she would have known about Perez being in the secret room if she checked BB updates regularly lol
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's a video of it on Good Morning Britain which was posted in another thread.
    http://www.itv.com/goodmorningbritain/entertainment/keith-chegwin-celebrity-big-brother

In it he says that Hopkins even had an en suite bathroom.

The important thing is that the show itself didn't want to bring attention to this to the viewers.
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Loose Women today Hopkins made a big thing about other people moaning all the time ... it wasn't that hard in there, she said, and they were well looked after

She made no mention of that fact that she, unlike the 'moaning' others, had the luxury of Privacy when she felt the need ... and a good undisturbed sleep every night

That was a huge advantage
  • jobieladjobielad Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    On Loose Women today Hopkins made a big thing about other people moaning all the time ... it wasn't that hard in there, she said, and they were well looked after

She made no mention of that fact that she, unlike the 'moaning' others, had the luxury of Privacy when she felt the need ... and a good undisturbed sleep every night

I should think so, Perez said half of them were on Xanax in one interview ha ha
  • ProKitzelProKitzel Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    I heard next year they will only be looking for part time house mates to come in for a couple of hours each.
  • Jack_RamoneJack_Ramone Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    magde wrote: »

I'd be interested to see your source? I'm pretty sure she had no wifi, just a few hours per day to word process her column.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No wonder Hopkins was miffed at losing. She checked all the polls and bookies odds and thought she had it in the bag.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    No wonder Hopkins was miffed at losing. She checked all the polls and bookies odds and thought she had it in the bag.

And now has the brass-neck to call FOUL because she was given a bum steer

hehe :D
  • EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,024
    Forum Member
    Marie4eva wrote: »
    ''Katie Hopkins had her own bedroom and ensuite bathroom. I went over there one day and popped my head in and she had a table in there, a laptop. I thought hang on a minute. In the contract housemates weren’t allowed to sleep in the day, but Katie Hopkins was going over there for a kip in the afternoon!

Patsy Kensit was having a tanning session once a week, then she went to get her roots done. Calum Best was ordering cigarettes. I tried to order some bleach and couldn’t. Then I thought I’ll throw a wobbly, I said hang on if you’re giving him something that can kill him, is there any chance I can have a coffee?!''

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/showbiz-news/keith-chegwin-celebrity-big-brother-8611000

Simple pleasures :-). He's quite funny actually.

She made no mention of that fact that she, unlike the 'moaning' others, had the luxury of [I]Privacy[/I] when she felt the need ... and a good undisturbed sleep every night

Massive, can you imagine how Perez would of taken advantage of her sleeping in the same room.

And yes, how could suggest they were ALL well looked after? And didn't she mention today about someone else who kept going off for a snooze?
  • LucypherLucypher Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie Hopkins has a very serious form of epilepsy which causes her to sometimes fit many times during the night. They had a doctor on hand. Katie's condition fluctuates but at its worse she can be hospitalised many times over, one year she was admitted to hospital 26 times in a few months.

I imagine it was a logistical nightmare for the BB producers, as they wouldn't want the other housemates to be disturbed all night long. (Regardless of Perez). They would also have to ensure Katie was enabled to catch up on her sleep. Epilepsy sufferers, especially those with night-seizures, get very little sleep.

We all knew she was being allowed to continue her column while in the house. It's pure speculation that she was hooked up to the internet and I doubt that was the case.

There's a world of difference between fact and speculation.
  • YellowFishYellowFish Posts: 4,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who was updating Perez's Twitter and more importantly website? There was reviews on there quite the thing and everything was normal, no heads up about him being in the house, no "Keep Perez in them ourse by voting for him" tweets which usually all the housemates twitters have, just casual normal tweets? :S
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Lucypher wrote: »
    Katie Hopkins has a very serious form of epilepsy which causes her to sometimes fit many times during the night. They had a doctor on hand. Katie's condition fluctuates but at its worse she can be hospitalised many times over, one year she was admitted to hospital 26 times in a few months.

I imagine it was a logistical nightmare for the BB producers, as they wouldn't want the other housemates to be disturbed all night long. (Regardless of Perez). They would also have to ensure Katie was enabled to catch up on her sleep. Epilepsy sufferers, especially those with night-seizures, get very little sleep.

We all knew she was being allowed to continue her column while in the house. It's pure speculation that she was hooked up to the internet and I doubt that was the case.

She claims to have had epilepsy since before she went to Sandhurst, no special arrangements were made for her then. Nor did she have a private room on the Apprentice or in the Jungle. Methinks the private room was because she was allowed to continue with her day job, hence the laptop. Still it was great that her epilepsy was cured by being in BB....medical miracle ;-) and having her own private bathroom and an extra 4 hours sleep a day must have been a real treat.
    Forum Member
    In seriousness, it does make a bit of a mockery of whole thing.

Give me the good old days of celebs living by the same rules as regular housemates. When did all this start?

Please no one tell me Jack Dee was regularly waxed. :-(
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't even think she was allowed in there during the day, we saw she had to get dressed and ready in the main bedroom along with everybody else, I think the last highlight show she was even sleeping in the main bedroom.
    William65 wrote: »
    Who was updating Perez's Twitter and more importantly website? There was reviews on there quite the thing and everything was normal, no heads up about him being in the house, no "Keep Perez in them ourse by voting for him" tweets which usually all the housemates twitters have, just casual normal tweets? :S
    Perez Hilton is a proper company now you know, he employs people, there are a lot of people worldwide who follow his site, twitter, etc. so they still have to keep on working away whether he's there or not, it isn't just him. Gossip/celeb news still happens whether he's there or not.

I imagine they rarely tweeted about CBB because a lot of the people that read Perez Hilton's twitter don't even know what CBB is!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And yet, on Loose Women, she bragged that she was the ONLY one who didn't ask to see a doctor ... the ONLY one who didn't seek psychiatric help

... and all the while she never once even alluded to the fact that her own medical 'needs' had already been catered for

pfht
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EvieJ wrote: »
    In seriousness, it does make a bit of a mockery of whole thing.

Give me the good old days of celebs living by the same rules as regular housemates. When did all this start?

Please no one tell me Jack Dee was regularly waxed. :-(

Back sack and crack .... that 'escape' was just a cover
    Forum Member
    Back sack and crack .... that 'escape' was just a cover

:D:D

Next you'll be telling me he wasn't wearing the cap to disguise a bad hair day. I thought they'd confiscated his straightners.
  • adwaltonadwalton Posts: 4,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a video of it on Good Morning Britain which was posted in another thread.
    http://www.itv.com/goodmorningbritain/entertainment/keith-chegwin-celebrity-big-brother

In it he says that Hopkins even had an en suite bathroom.

The important thing is that the show itself didn't want to bring attention to this to the viewers.

Yes. At least when La Toya Jackson had her own room it was made clear and we could see where it was. It really is dishonest of BB to hide the fact that katie H had her own room and bathroom.