Options

NCIS/NCIS New Orleans (Channel 5 pace)

Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Be aware,be very aware, if you have not seen NCIS series 11 do not watch these episodes

Comments

• Options
    chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WHen is 11 starting on five?
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WHen is 11 starting on five?

Next Friday straight after NCIS New Orleans apparently, at 10 p.m.
  • Options
    sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we have just started watching this, is this a repeat???????
  • Options
    chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone explain why fox have ncis one season ahead?and why the dvd of 11 didnt come out lasst year after being shown on fox?
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FOX have exclusive first-run rights. I don't know what the delay with releasing season 11 in the UK is but it's been released in Sweden (region 2) with English audio and it's certainly out on region 1.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,715
    Forum Member
    sherisgirl wrote: »
    we have just started watching this, is this a repeat???????
    This... what? On C5? The NCIS:NO double ep shown on Friday is, in fact, ep 18 and 19 of NCIS S11. They just decided to show them early as they are the "back-door pilot" episodes of the show.

So basically they're only a repeat if you've already seen them on Fox ;) They're new to C5.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What made me laugh was how, in the first of the 'back door pilot' episodes, 5 inserted a new title sequence listing the New Orleans cast, and then immediately listed the same actors as guest starts when the original NCIS credits continued! :D
  • Options
    OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the episode last Friday better than I did the pilot of it. But then, I didn't like the LA one either in the backdoor pilot of it. Will certainly be watching this spin off as well.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched last Fridays episode of NCIS NO; thought it a slight improvement on the pilot, but not a great deal. The main thing it lacks compared to NCIS & NCIS LA is strong likeable characters. The NO characters seem very bland by comparison.

And overall, for some reason, it seems like a cheap version of the others.
  • Options
    telecattelecat Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    I'm on USA schedule. They seem to be "recycling" story lines at the Moment.
    Remember "Dead Man Walking"? A Similar episode is coming up. Then there is why Brody did not shoot the Bomber from her past. "His Eyes". Very Caitlin Todd.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    telecat wrote: »
    I'm on USA schedule. They seem to be "recycling" story lines at the Moment.
    Remember "Dead Man Walking"? A Similar episode is coming up. Then there is why Brody did not shoot the Bomber from her past. "His Eyes". Very Caitlin Todd.

I've just caught up with last Friday's episode (I think it was No.3 UK pace). I thought it was much better than the previous 2 episodes - perhaps helped by the appearances of Tony & Abby! But I agree with what you say about recycling storylines. I didn't seem very original.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,512
    Forum Member
    Tried NCIS New Orleans and found it hard to like - given up after 3 episodes, I don't like the 'King' character, it all seems to be about him and his contacts. The other two of the team and the Ducky substitute are pretty forgettable too.
    IMO - it needed a much stronger ensemble than they have got and I'm not a fan of gang based storylines.
    Love NCIS so will just stick with that
  • Options
    Marti SMarti S Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Osusana wrote: »
    Tried NCIS New Orleans and found it hard to like - given up after 3 episodes, I don't like the 'King' character, it all seems to be about him and his contacts. The other two of the team and the Ducky substitute are pretty forgettable too.
    IMO - it needed a much stronger ensemble than they have got and I'm not a fan of gang based storylines.
    Love NCIS so will just stick with that

Couldn't agree with you more, have decided I will not waste any more of my time on this, not helped that I have to get it from OnDemand due to other recordings and they stick ads in every 10 minutes.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Downloaded it on catch up but they seem to have messed it up because there were too many ads it run out of programme before the end.
  • Options
    telecattelecat Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Seemed to get better around episodes 12 to 14 but the last couple aren't up to much. I'll keep trying but I am not warming to it. Better off with NCIS.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,715
    Forum Member
    Marti S wrote: »
    ... and they stick ads in every 10 minutes.
    Get yourself a DVR and start watching it 15 mins late! That's how I've watched everything since 2002 :D
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit meh but OK I suppose. No distinguishing features.

Not helped by the latest episode being totally messed up on Virgin catch-up (kept repeating bits then cut off before the end).
  • Options
    Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    At some point Channel 5 will remember it has a dozen episodes of this to show.
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    End of September is my guess.

Both shows went on hiatus for Big Brother. That's over now but CBB starts at the end of August and rather than drip-feed half a dozen more episodes out over the summer and then stop again 5 are more likely to wait until CBB is out of the way before recommencing NCIS/NCIS:NO(LA) in the 9pm/10pm slot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A shame Netflix didn't have this like POI because I'd watched the damn thing before 5 got round to putting it back on. Really don't understand why it didn't return after bb ended.
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    A shame Netflix didn't have this like POI because I'd watched the damn thing before 5 got round to putting it back on. Really don't understand why it didn't return after bb ended.

Er, because they'd have to stop it again for CBB, as my post suggested. Though it's common with US networks, breaking a 22-episode season into multiple chunks with pre-emptions for sport, award shows, reality TV or anything else is not favoured by UK broadcasters or the viewing public.

At worst, UK nets would prefer to split a season into a maximum of 2 parts. E4's recent and rather odd decision (having already had a Christmas break) to squeeze out 2 new episodes of The Big Bang Theory in February and then make viewers wait another 6-8 weeks for the remainder of the season hasn't been universally popular that's for sure!

From 5's perspective, concluding NCIS and NCIS:NO with 12 episodes in the Autumn ('New Season') schedule makes better sense than screening 6 episodes in the lightly-viewed Summer Holidays, stopping again for Celebrity Big Brother, and finishing up with 6 final episodes in September/October, not least because they then need to replace them with something after October (it's a racing certainty that C5 would not follow on with the subsequent seasons of each!). Airing the final 12/13 episodes from the end of September rather neatly takes them up to Christmas so thay can start something else in the timeslot come January
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phil solo wrote: »
    Er, because they'd have to stop it again for CBB, as my post suggested. Though it's common with US networks, breaking a 22-episode season into multiple chunks with pre-emptions for sport, award shows, reality TV or anything else is not favoured by UK broadcasters or the viewing public.

At worst, UK nets would prefer to split a season into a maximum of 2 parts. E4's recent and rather odd decision (having already had a Christmas break) to squeeze out 2 new episodes of The Big Bang Theory in February and then make viewers wait another 6-8 weeks for the remainder of the season hasn't been universally popular that's for sure!

From 5's perspective, concluding NCIS and NCIS:NO with 12 episodes in the Autumn ('New Season') schedule makes better sense than screening 6 episodes in the lightly-viewed Summer Holidays, stopping again for Celebrity Big Brother, and finishing up with 6 final episodes in September/October, not least because they then need to replace them with something after October (it's a racing certainty that C5 would not follow on with the subsequent seasons of each!). Airing the final 12/13 episodes from the end of September rather neatly takes them up to Christmas so thay can start something else in the timeslot come January

Feels like bb is never off. Once bb finishes the cbb starts. Wish they'd axe this dross.
  • Options
    gwynnegwynne Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have watched the original NCIS series for years but now feel that NCIS Los Angeles is far,far superior!
    More action in one ephisode of this than a complete series of the original NCIS!
    I find the characters sharper,more engaging and the plot lines far more exciting.
    When did we see a decent shoot-out in the original series or a good punch-up with a baddie?
    The technical quality of NCIS LA is also very good wheras the original NCIS looks as though it has been shot in a dark room through a curtain!
    Why oh why do they deliberatelly film NCIS in such poor quality-is it meant to add something to the programme or what?
    I wonder if the original series producers are concerned at the succesS of NCIS LA and how it might impact on any future series?
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,512
    Forum Member
    gwynne wrote: »
    I have watched the original NCIS series for years but now feel that NCIS Los Angeles is far,far superior!
    More action in one ephisode of this than a complete series of the original NCIS!
    I find the characters sharper,more engaging and the plot lines far more exciting.
    When did we see a decent shoot-out in the original series or a good punch-up with a baddie?
    The technical quality of NCIS LA is also very good wheras the original NCIS looks as though it has been shot in a dark room through a curtain!
    Why oh why do they deliberatelly film NCIS in such poor quality-is it meant to add something to the programme or what?
    I wonder if the original series producers are concerned at the succesS of NCIS LA and how it might impact on any future series?

I can't agree - I like the subtleties and familiarity of the cast in the original and Mark Harmon has always had my fullest attention:) You just cannot copy or try to replace the Gibbs.
    Not all viewers want 'bang crash shoot-em-ups' thankfully and the worldwide success of the franchise is all about the original and not the spin offs.

I have tried the LA version and again could not warm to the characters, plus I have a deep dislike of all things LA so that must sway my opinion!
  • Options
    StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NCIS New Orleans:

New series two..

Don't like the new female "agent" at all.. Very PC, horrible voice & acting

Zoe McLellan, what have they done to her hair ? It's a mess