Watching recordings on iPhone

ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi there,

Just got myself an iPhone and was wondering if it were possible to transfer the files recorded from the Foxsat-HDR onto the iphone and watch there.

I noticed there is a VLC app for the iPhone, and I use VLC to watch Foxsat-HDR recordings on my laptop.

Anyone know if this is possible and how to transfer the file across?

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ovbg wrote: »
    Hi there,

Just got myself an iPhone and was wondering if it were possible to transfer the files recorded from the Foxsat-HDR onto the iphone and watch there.

I noticed there is a VLC app for the iPhone, and I use VLC to watch Foxsat-HDR recordings on my laptop.

Anyone know if this is possible and how to transfer the file across?

You will need to convert the file to a suitable format for the iphone. If you can find the correct parameters vlc player will probable be able to do the conversion for you.
  • zetorzetor Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Not tried it on my iTouch but I guess you would need a .ts to m4a convertor, there is a guide here:
    http://www.programmersheaven.com/mb/MP3/396971/398300/re-how-to-convert-ts-video-to-ipodiphonepspzunexbox/?S=B20000
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You will need to convert the file to a suitable format for the iphone. If you can find the correct parameters vlc player will probable be able to do the conversion for you.
    This should work too.
  • ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your help guys. I tried the program suggested by Zetor, but the trail version didn't work for me. At the convert stage it just sat there doing nothing. I also tried Ojosoft which converted on the trail version, but the audio didn't sync properly, and it was incredibly slow. Finally, I found one called 4easysoft and the trail done a quick conversion that worked great. It was much faster then Ojosoft.

I may purchase this one, unless anyone has experience with a free converter.

Once again, thanks for all your help :O)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    Have you tried Handbrake?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Thanks for that link. It done the trick. Free, and the result was of high quality and no skipping or voice sync problems.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of interest, what format did you convert to to get it to work on the iPhone - .mov?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katrinap wrote: »
    Out of interest, what format did you convert to to get it to work on the iPhone - .mov?

On Handbreak I just set it to iPhone default output which set the Video to H.264 (x264) and Audio to AAC
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Isn't the standard for the iPod touch .mp4?
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LesU wrote: »
    Isn't the standard for the iPod touch .mp4?

mp4 covers a million different combinations of bit rate and video size all the way from 1920 x 1080 down