Options

Can't change padding from Auto

ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi there, an odd bug here.

When I first got the Humax HDR I decided to play safe and set the padding to 5minutes beginning and end as I found the Auto setting missed out parts of the recorded show.

This worked in that it would add the five minutes. However, as the Humax box seems to use only the one tuner if recording two shows, one after the other, thereby cutting the first 5minutes from the second recorded show, I decided to set this back to Auto. Once again, I missed lots of beginnings and endings.

So, now I tried to change back to something like 2minutes. But I can't seem to do it. When I try to change the beginning from Auto to 2minutes, it reboots the Humax and when it comes back, nothing has changed.

Has anyone else seen this bug?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No,

Something is wrong here.

For the most part Auto (AR) works perfectly well;, if you are getting problems in changeing btween the two, I suggest doing a Factory Reset, and then leaving Auto (AR) to do is work.

Rgds.

Les.
  • Options
    ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks savvy,

How does one do a factory reset, and will this erase all the programs set up to be recorded?
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ovbg wrote: »
    Thanks savvy,

How does one do a factory reset, and will this erase all the programs set up to be recorded?

Menu/Setup/Factory Reset

It won't delete your recordings, it will delete your recording schedule and any non-freesat channels you may have added and also reset preferences to defaults
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    This problem has been talked about before on this forum, so you are not alone. I have had it myself. Yes, the factory reset sorts it out. Not sure about the scheduled recordings. I think they are lost. Someone else will hopefully let you know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had this problem too. I found that by highlighting the "field" and using the arrows to move sideways to select the option you want, the HDR didn't crash, as it did after selecting from a drop down list of options.
  • Options
    germanycallinggermanycalling Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    savvy wrote: »
    No,

Something is wrong here.

For the most part Auto (AR) works perfectly well;, if you are getting problems in changeing btween the two, I suggest doing a Factory Reset, and then leaving Auto (AR) to do is work.

Rgds.

Les.

In general no padding at all works best for me. It helps reduce clashes and failed recordings. However there does seem to be a difference between broadcasters. BBC for example seem to set the gold standard with everything I record starting with the BBC ident. ITV3 seems to start exactly on the title of the programme eg the recording starts with "Cracker" on the screen. However ITV3+1 always seems to be a bit late in starting. Nothing serious but with my system quite reproducible.

As always I would encourage folk to post exactly what was late or didn't work with no padding etc. so that it might be possible to establish a pattern. :)
  • Options
    NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The channel 4 group of channels are unreliable with Auto, e.g., Smallville on E4. BBC is pretty reliable. I've not had problems with Zone, True Movies and the like.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    During the summer I used to record the test match highlights at 7:15 on 'five'. These always finished before the end, while interviews & summing up were being carried out. I think it started a few seconds into the programme.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes one would think the box could detect which channels transmit the program start data and obey it and for those that do not it appiles +/- 5 Minutes (or another value preset bye the user).

Automan.