Options

Well done Matt - 3RD best selling winners single so far :)

syedluversyedluver Posts: 1,055
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Since Eejit thought he/she was being clever last week, I thought i would be cleverer this week :D

1-By week 2 Shayne at the least sold 742.000 copies (No sales for week 2 the sales above are week 1)

2-Alexandra had sold 888.000 copies

3-Matt had sold 739.000 copies

4-Leona had sold 699.000 copies

5-Joe had sold 647.000 copies

6-Leon had sold 396.000

Well done Matt, Cant wait till nest week when he will have the biggest selling single of the year :)

Comments

• Options
    NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    syedluver wrote: »
    Since Eejit thought he/she was being clever last week, I thought i would be cleverer this week :D

1-By week 2 Shayne at the least sold 742.000 copies (No sales for week 2 the sales above are week 1)

6-Leon had sold 396.000

Well done Matt, Cant wait till nest week when he will have the biggest selling single of the year :)

Well done for being clever :D Matts doing very well, great figures!:)
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Why is Steve not on that list?
  • Options
    batman.batman. Posts: 8,906
    Forum Member
    Cant wait till nest week when he will have the biggest selling single of the year :)

We will only be one day into it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,950
    Forum Member
    Tyjet wrote: »

He only sold 250,000 copies :(:o
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He only sold 250,000 copies :(:o

Really?;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mitacond wrote: »
    Really?;)

It was only the first series of x Factor; it didn't have as much hype or as many viewers as it does now.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    samkay12 wrote: »
    He is already a flop..
    Simon will be dropping him in the new year

Think you need to go back to bed and keep dreaming. ;)

No matter how many times people say it, it won't MAKE it happen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,950
    Forum Member
    mitacond wrote: »
    Really?;)

Yes, but he did get to no. 11 in Ireland... what an achievement :p
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

6-Leon had sold 396.000

2nd best 2nd week figures too after Alexandras 311k (and that was in the week of the demise of Woolworths and was significantly boosted by that)

That suggests to me there was problems last week - be it distribution/snow either that or everyone waited, either way as they kept saying in t'other thread, SYCO will be very interested in those figures and methinks they will be pretty pleased:D

This weeks sales really are quite sensational when you consider the last official update we had was 120k for Sunday - Tuesday meaning Wednesday - Saturday midnight (saturday will be digital only of course and marginal) he sold another 180k WITHOUT the big Saturday sales day.

Now compare that to last week and we had him on 245k for Sunday - Wednesday meaning sales for Thursday - Saturday were 194k.

Now how come last week his sales tailed off in the latter part of the week including Saturday (the final saturday before christmas I might add) yet this week he managed to add another 180k in the latter part of the week NOT including Saturday sales which should have hit him hard. Hmmm, I thought it was odd last week his sales tailed off when they should have remained quite high, I'm satisfied now that WAS down to distribution problems/snowfall in some parts of the country. If he was so terribly unpopular as those in that other thread insinuated, his sales should have nosedived this week by a heck of a lot more considering a day of sales was lost;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nicola37 wrote: »
    (and that was in the week of the demise of Woolworths and was significantly boosted by that)

I'm not sure how Woolworths shutting down would mean that Alex would sell more? Does it not make more sense that she would sell less, if anything?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    batman. wrote: »
    I'm not sure how Woolworths shutting down would mean that Alex would sell more? Does it not make more sense that she would sell less, if anything?

They're probably trying to insinuate that the copies in the stores that would have been reduced for clearance would have encouraged people to buy them.

As I said on the other thread, even when reporting something positive about him, some of Matt's fans can't help but clutch at straws about why he hasn't done better than another contestant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    batman. wrote: »

I think she might have meant that the CD would have been cheaper due to the sale ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're probably trying to insinuate that the copies in the stores that would have been reduced for clearance would have encouraged people to buy them.

As I said on the other thread, even when reporting something positive about him, some of Matt's fans can't help but clutch at straws about why he hasn't done better than another contestant.

I am happy with Matts sales, But have to say that alex's song sold as many as it did because it is a well known great song, I bought the song because i liked it not because i liked her, i didnt even really watch her season.

Any of the winners that could have sung that song would have sold just as many IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think she might have meant that the CD would have been cheaper due to the sale ;)

I'm not sure that would have counted for many of the copies sold though..
  • Options
    *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    Actually...he should be beating Alexandra's sales (but he isn't) easily as 20M watched him win the show compared to 14M for Alex and single sales are much higher than they were in 2008.

Alex just had the better song and sounded absolutely brilliant on it. That's all there is to it really ;)
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There were piles and piles of reduced Alexandra's singles in the week woolies closed in many stores, it was widely reported. I'm not doubting it sold very well on it's own merit but the figure was certainly helped by the vast numbers sold in Woolies.

311k was very unusual for the 2nd week as is 299,996 for Matt and people always try and find 'reasons' for that.The woolworths thing was attributed to Alex at the time that's all, Matt's is probably distribution problems meaning people struggled to get hold of it last week. (As people said on here)

Anyway I'm not hating on Alex or anything Hallelujah is still my favourite winners single, I was just using as a comparison to show how well Matt has done seems as though people love to compare sales and stuff on here:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Liya* wrote: »
    Actually...he should be beating Alexandra's sales (but he isn't) easily as 20M watched him win the show compared to 14M for Alex and single sales are much higher than they were in 2008.

Alex just had the better song and sounded absolutely brilliant on it. That's all there is to it really ;)

Are people actually stupid?

Do you think that every person that watched the final, are just going to go out and buy his single? No.

His sales are very good to say that the XF and it being the top of the chart and people supporting it, is loosing momentum.

With his figures this week and the sales coming this coming week, i still think he could be Number 1 again...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BadAssery wrote: »

Do you think that every person that watched the final, are just going to go out and buy his single? No.

His sales are very good to say that the XF and it being the top of the chart and people supporting it, is loosing momentum.

With his figures this week and the sales coming this coming week, i still think he could be Number 1 again...

Hi BA he is already no 1 this week too;)
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Liya was being sarcastic I think.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ;)
    *Liya* wrote: »

Why should he be beating it?;) Matts single is not a christmassy song and therefore one would not expect him to get the sales he has even. Halle' was a lovely song and Alex did well singing it however Matts single is that type of single.;);) No two singles are going to sell the same way;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taz93 wrote: »
    Liya was being sarcastic I think.:o

i know its great isn't it.;)
  • Options
    LolWtfLolWtf Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you think that every person that watched the final, are just going to go out and buy his single? No..

I don't think *Liya* was being stupid with her post.

It's pretty obvious to assume that with 6 million more people watching the final as opposed to when Alexandra won, you would think more people would buy Matt's single than Alexandra's.

No need for rudeness when there's a valid point made, just because it's against Matt.

I am a Matt fan and I see her point!
  • Options
    LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well considering leona had 9m viewers on the final and matt had 20m that is poor
  • Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »

Who?
    :confused:

Well done to Matt. I hope he's successful him along with Alexandra and Leona have been the best winners so far imo. :D
  • Options
    *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member

Did i say his sales were poor?. Nope!.

The single has been performed infront of more people than any other winner so far and should...as many would expect...have higher sales. Especially, for someone who has been winning the phone votes every week.

It seems like Matt fans are quick to point out that Joe only sold as much because of RATM campaign and now Alex has sold well because of Woolworths closing down....but find it difficult to understand the simple fact that Matt should be outselling everyone else in these first few weeks as he's got the advantage of being exposed to far more viewers...you can't blame the weather or distrubution issues for it all the time.