Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Comments

• Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been reading this. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2291865/Jimmy-Savile-police-ignored-1964-report-DJ--celebrity.html

Looking back to when I was a kid back then it was very much a man's world. Someone like Jimmy who was also a celeb what kid would have been believed back then?
    It's just so sickening that there was a report in 1964 and ignored. Probably because he was a big name and a man and women and kidsback then it would have been their word against his. If the police had followed up this report in 1964 then decades of abuse may have been stopped.
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I'm convinced Savile was a bisexual pervert by the way. A man reporting to police that he had raped by JS in 1964 is very significant. Most men of that era would have been hugely embarrassed and reluctant to tell the police, so if this man was brave enough to go to the police, you'd have to think the rape actually happened.

The article doesn't mention an alleged rape in 1964, just that a note in Met police files, from 1964, says that Savile frequented an address used by young runaways, and spoke vaguely of a 'vice ring' there.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, he used the phrase, 'Brain damage' often to allude to what women did to you, as a man. It was supposedly his little joke.

Thats what it made me think of.

---
    Pix of 1964 Scotland Yard ledger called "the shady book" where Jimmy Savile's name appeared 50 years ago. Vid: http://t.co/omzWw7aVUI

https://www.twitter.com/lucymanning/statuses/311559236373069826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm convinced Savile was a bisexual pervert by the way. A man reporting to police that he had raped by JS in 1964 is very significant. Most men of that era would have been hugely embarrassed and reluctant to tell the police, so if this man was brave enough to go to the police, you'd have to think the rape actually happened.

Was it still illegal to be gay (or to have gay sex) back then? wasn't suicide also illegal until sometime in the 1960s? its hard to imagine someone being arrested and put in prison for trying to kill themselves(!) :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Was it still illegal to be gay (or to have gay sex) back then? wasn't suicide also illegal until sometime in the 1960s? its hard to imagine someone being arrested and put in prison for trying to kill themselves(!) :eek:

It was 'attempted suicide' that was an offence. A person could not be prosecuted for their own successful suicide, for obvious reasons! The law punishing attempted suicide was changed in the 1960s, I believe.

And yes, homosexual sex was illegal until 1967, being legalised about the same time as abortion, and a short while after capital punishment was ended. So, a pivotal era in history.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was 'attempted suicide' that was an offence. A person could not be prosecuted for their own successful suicide, for obvious reasons! The law punishing attempted suicide was changed in the 1960s, I believe.

And yes, homosexual sex was illegal until 1967, being legalised about the same time as abortion, and a short while after capital punishment was ended. So, a pivotal era in history.

Obviously, yes. I presume many of those who were prosecuted were made to serve their sentence in a psychiatric hospital (or at least undergo some form of assessment) rather than in a prison? I suppose that would only happen if they were deemed to be medically insane? :eek:

I thought capital punishment, at least in schools, wasn't outlawed until the early 1980s?.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    Oh, there's no record of that alleged 1964 incident, is there not? That puts a different spin on things.

There still appears to be evidence Savile may have been a bisexual paedophile. Seemingly quite a few men alleged to police that they were interfered with by him in some shape or form. It's hard to believe that every single one of them is lying.

Savile being linked to Duncroft a full ten years before Karin Ward et al is fascinating. I bet we haven't heard even a fraction of what his real links to that place were.

The rape apparently took place in 1963 and, as far as I know, there is no record of it. 1964 is the year of the first report mentioning Duncroft. I wonder what really happened there. I agree we don't know half of the story.

I'm not sure of calling Savile bisexual. I don't believe much of the stories from males that appeared in the press about him. Too dramatic and they seemed copied from each other and the women's stories. I do believe he abused boys, though. The little I know about paedophiles is that some of them have preferences instead of exclusivity. Saviles preferences seemed to be young girls.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought capital punishment, at least in schools, wasn't outlawed until the early 1980s?.

That's corporal punishment!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's corporal punishment!:D

Oh hah, I never really knew the difference between the two :o:rolleyes:
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,809
    Forum Member

Here's a partially edited account of someone aged 13 in the 1960's, who by coincidence has a distant link to todays HMIC report and Jimmy Savile....
    I did once write on this site of how I attempted suicide when I was 13, a few months before the Suicide Act made that desperate act ‘legal’. Until that change in the law, you were either ‘mad or bad’. I ended the story with me being incarcerated in a fearful Victorian asylum in Epsom on the grounds that no one wanted to believe that I was ‘bad’......

There was no ‘children’s ward’. Such a thing didn’t exist in those days. So I found myself in the company of some very strange individuals indeed; many, many, years older than I....

Once a week was bath-night. There were four huge baths, deep cast iron affairs, with the controls for the hot water firmly on the outside. The routine was that two baths were allocated to the women, and two to the men, and periodically the water would be changed – not between every patient though!

There were procedures to go through before you reached the head of the queue. As the queue snaked the length of the ward, nurses would first collect – or more generally ‘help out of’ – all clothing; further up the queue, new clothing would be allocated, so that by the time you reached the head of the queue, you were stark naked, clutching a pile of clean clothing. All very efficient for the nursing staff.

It also meant that by the time I neared the head of the queue, I was starkers, and pressed in on all sides by some deeply confused equally naked men and women. The staff took no notice of the general ‘jostling’ that would go on around me – but one of the other patients did.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Here's a partially edited account of someone aged 13 in the 1960's, who by coincidence has a distant link to todays HMIC report and Jimmy Savile....

That sounds like something that might have taken place 100 years ago, let alone 50 odd - how depressing. I suppose there wasn't much they could do about the 'jostling', with limited space available I presume. Its a shame they didn't, or weren't able to, separate adults from kids though, especially in that sort of setting.

I bet that water was freezing by the time the third lot used it too. In one of those safety videos, he talks about the importance of running the cold tap before the hot tap when you run a bath and not the other way around like most people do/did - I didn't know it made any difference but apparently thats the safest way to do it :confused: I guess its because if you leave the hot tap on for too long then it could end up too hot and scald. You'd think most parents, or people in general would check with their finger or elbow before getting in though!. I quite like a hot bath but I've yet to lose any skin in one thankfully.

Pardon going off in a bit of a tangent again there.
  • flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The police have now admitted mistakes was made because they did not share information between forces.. ??? what they really mean is that they had pressure put on them by the establishment not to look at any alledged sexual offences. because too many would be invloved that lose there jobs. ie BBC management. hospitals where he worked. the CEO would certainly have to go and most of his senior staff too.. There was simply too many people involved that pressure was put on the police and there police authority too. Now its reckoned there was a ring of offenders known !
    And some of them have been arrested but i doubt the full number will ever be known. includeing pop stars MPs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MWT offers to help with Fernbridge
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/jimmy-savile-investigator-offers-to-help-round-up-1980s-paedophile-ring-8531705.html

Tig Calvert
    http://renegadesblog.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/another-view/

Rape investigations 'undermined by belief that false accusations are rife'
    DPP says study shows false allegations of rape and domestic violence are rarer than many believe
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/mar/13/rape-investigations-belief-false-accusations
    Forum Member
    Watching QI the other day I learnt lesbians were not targetted by legislation but for consenting males it was punsishable by hanging...
    Years before the formation of the United Kingdom in 1707, English law identified anal sex and zoophilia as offences punishable by hanging as a result of the Buggery Act 1533, which was pioneered by Henry VIII.

Although section 61 of the Offences against the Person Act 1861 removed the death penalty for homosexuality, male homosexual acts still remained illegal and were punishable by imprisonment. The Labouchere Amendment, section 11 of the Criminal Law Amendment Act 1885, extended the laws regarding homosexuality to include any kind of sexual activity between males.

So before 1967 any sexual activity between males (kissing, holding hands ?) was illegal which might put into context the some of the historic 'crimes' of 'gross indecency' the shape shifting websites like not to detail.

It may explain why in the 1950's and 60's policeman regularly hovered round public toilets?

In 1956 Brian Espstein was in conversation with a police officer at a toilet and arrested and pleaded guilty to propositioning several men for immoral purposes. I think Wilfred Brambell in 1963 was arrested in similar circumstances.

While at the men's toilet they were being arrested for discussing sex among themselves women could have been going at like rabbits at the female entrance perfectly legally.

According to yesterday's HMIC report, possibly last year a man told the police about reporting to police an incident in 1963 of being raped by Jimmy Savile, when the man may have beeen a juvenile.

Given what I've indicated above, Dru Sharpling of the HMIC reported the man in 1963 was told to "forget about it".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thats a very good read - depressing but well written.
  • sozzled2daysozzled2day Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A senior prosecutor says "significant" arrests are being planned in the coming weeks of people suspected of sexual abuse".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21772529

Hmmm. This is beginning to feel like Groundhog Day. Significant arrests? Coming weeks? I had to check the date of the article because I thought it was months old!
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A senior prosecutor says "significant" arrests are being planned in the coming weeks of people suspected of sexual abuse".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21772529

Hmmm. This is beginning to feel like Groundhog Day. Significant arrests? Coming weeks? I had to check the date of the article because I thought it was months old!

It really is. It's like a soap opera now, the media spinning it out with cliffhanger 'promises'. Stay tuned!!!!!

What a joke.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously, yes. I presume many of those who were prosecuted were made to serve their sentence in a psychiatric hospital (or at least undergo some form of assessment) rather than in a prison? I suppose that would only happen if they were deemed to be medically insane? :eek:

I know some schools were stricter than others but I dont think they were hanging their students :D
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    It really is. It's like a soap opera now, the media spinning it out with cliffhanger 'promises'. Stay tuned!!!!!

What a joke.

To me it is also like a forewarning to those who were involved as they will know who they were and may now have the chance to skip the country thanks to this.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the Bachelor Boy will be getting a knock at the door soon? He's recently returned to the UK after spending the winter abroad.
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    To me it is also like a forewarning to those who were involved as they will know who they were and may now have the chance to skip the country thanks to this.

Haven't we been here before, wasn't it reported some months ago there would be arrests in a couple of weeks and nothing happened.

Guess we have to wait and see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »

Couldn't agree more! Or if not wanting to skip the country, ensure that all evidence has been shredded/destroyed.

Also, hopefully, some police forces and the MI5 (if that is possible) will be thoroughly investigated by an independent panel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the Bachelor Boy will be getting a knock at the door soon? He's recently returned to the UK after spending the winter abroad.

Have you heard some gossip then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    Have you heard some gossip then?

Follow the Elm Guest House / Operation Fernbridge story.
This discussion has been closed.