Kiss FM

Comments

• suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kisstory sounds a good idea but on the normal kiss the kisstory songs are the same every day so I think it will be the same 100 songs on repeat with lots of r &b which is NOT what the original Kiss was about. Hope I'm wrong though.
  • kevkev Posts: 21,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boolian wrote: »
    Doesn't setting Subtitles stop the MHEG screen coming up?

On older sets yet, newer ones tend to display subtitles on top of MHEG (fortunately my tv does allow you to turn the display off and use the speakers only (a point which is now moot as my media centre displays pretty pictures instead :D ))
  • hotguy25hotguy25 Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kisstory sounds a good idea but on the normal kiss the kisstory songs are the same every day so I think it will be the same 100 songs on repeat with lots of r &b which is NOT what the original Kiss was about. Hope I'm wrong though.

when i listened to kiss in the early 90s there was lots of r&b and rare groove. i didnt listen in the illegal days but djs such as trevor nelson played r&b.
    there was very little dance on daytime kiss
  • hotguy25hotguy25 Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    while on subject of kiss, i think micheal lewis could be good on tv
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems kiss has An obsession with Justin Timberlake his songs are on all the time I listen.
  • MusicmasterproxMusicmasterprox Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy Roberts did tweet this earlier:

"#Kisstory on @kissfmuk all day. Monday -'Kisstory' station launch Tuesday 2pm .It'll be different to what you hear - Anoraks take note :)"
    It's possible that we may hear some underground vibes as well as forgotten gems from the past.
    Reggae, hip-hop, Drum n Bass, Trance, etc.

Thing is.. Would they ask ex-Kiss FM jocks to comeback and present old skool shows? Like Fabio, Westwood, Judge Jules? Think that would be an interesting Idea.

With Dave Pearce's Dance classics being successful on Radio 2, and that Kisstory will be on Freeview. Don't see a reason why they shouldn't?
  • CeeOCeeO Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daytime Kiss is a joke - I mean if I want to hear Bruno Mars and Gotye I can choose Heart or Radio 2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CeeO wrote: »
    Daytime Kiss is a joke - I mean if I want to hear Bruno Mars and Gotye I can choose Heart or Radio 2.

Saturday Night Kiss is also a joke.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Musicmasterprox: May I ask why Saturday Night Kiss is a joke?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just tuned in and wait a min...... Justin Timberlake was playing pmsl. Play some different tunes please Kiss.
  • steven cardwellsteven cardwell Posts: 2,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite surprised that Q is still broadcasting on freeview and Kisstory hasn't appeared yet.

Judging from the EPG info that 10am was close down, that was when I thought the change over would have been, especially if Heat is also changing EPG number, i wouldn't have thought it would be as easy a change over as just renaming Q as Kisstory on the same EPG number.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MattJW wrote: »
    Musicmasterprox: May I ask why Saturday Night Kiss is a joke?

Unlike Friday when it's a bit more variety in specialized music. All you hear on snk are the remixes of well known overplayed anthems till around about 4am. Should at least pull Smart's show back till 4pm (Dance Anthems rival). Bring that new kid in from 7-10pm and start heading underground till around 4am
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Really looking forward to the launch!
  • radiodadradiodad Posts: 2,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite surprised that Q is still broadcasting on freeview and Kisstory hasn't appeared yet.

Judging from the EPG info that 10am was close down, that was when I thought the change over would have been, especially if Heat is also changing EPG number, i wouldn't have thought it would be as easy a change over as just renaming Q as Kisstory on the same EPG number.

2pm is the launch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    radiodad wrote: »
    2pm is the launch.

I know that, just surprised they haven't got the EPG changed and stations correctly showing before then.

Most station launches, changes are done before the launch time, If it was just a name change,I could see Q just stopping then kisstory starting but from info out there, heat was moving from 714 as well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kisstory now on Freeview EPG
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky my Sony RDR-HXD870 goes straight to my NAD C370 amp so don't have to keep the TV screen on the channel all the time.
  • -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,877
    Forum Member
    They've got a launch sequence that no one can hear because LCN 791 MHEG mutes the audio and there is no sound on LCN 714.
  • djgeezadjgeeza Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -ajm- wrote: »
    They've got a launch sequence that no one can hear because LCN 791 MHEG mutes the audio and there is no sound on LCN 714.

You could hear it on the mobile app, but there doesn't appear to be a link on the website yet.
  • FM_BanditFM_Bandit Posts: 2,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard the launch sequence online. Was pretty good with clips of songs "from your childhood" followed by in intro from Ricky & Melvin and that bird from the breakfast show.

First tune Baby D - Let Me Be Your Fantasy, followed by Robin - With Every Heartbeat and Luniz - I Got 5 On It.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad its not just me, TV says service not available and going to where TV put Q gets a few seconds on audio then cuts out.

Did hear the launch online, but considering Q closed at 10, I was really surprised the changeover wasn't all done much earlier than it was, even if it meant kisstory was running same message as stream about come back at 2pm
  • -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,877
    Forum Member
    I had to keep the info bar up on my old recorder to get audio.

14:09 Audio on 714.
  • vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,353
    Forum Member
    I've recorded the launch sequence on www.radiorecorder.co.uk. I can post it up if anyone's interested.
  • FM_BanditFM_Bandit Posts: 2,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta say, first hour has been spot on. Anthems all the way :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM_Bandit wrote: »
    Gotta say, first hour has been spot on. Anthems all the way :)

Agree, listened to the 1st 90 minutes, and it has been pretty good.