Options

Kitty Brucknell in the running to represent Switzerland at Eurovision

21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
Forum Member
For those not in the know, the Swiss Eurovision selection is a sprawling affair that involves rounds and rounds of online voting (sometimes featuring song submissions by semi-famous pop has-beens, like Ultra Nate) before each broadcaster selecting the best of the best for a Live final. In the past, X Factor alum such as Diva Fever, Maria Lawson and Same Difference have tried (and failed) to represent the confederate and, with that in mind, Kitty Brucknell is the latest X Factor star to have a crack.

The song is called Yearning and, whilst not bad, is autotuned to buggery and probably not an accurate representation of what Kitty could really do with the song live. I doubt it'll get anywhere, but I'm glad she's still making music.

http://esc.srf.ch/de/kitty-brucknell?sorting=created

Comments

• Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Eurovision is a much bigger deal in pretty much every european country compared to ours, they take it seriously because politically they have allies in Europe and you know...stand a chance of winning.

We break out big guns like Englebert, Bonnie Tyler and so on and do rubbish.

Even when we broke out Andrew Lloyd Webber as a song writer didn't we only just crack 5th/6th place?

It's more of a novelty night of entertainment for UK Now
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Eurovision is a much bigger deal in pretty much every european country compared to ours, they take it seriously because politically they have allies in Europe and you know...stand a chance of winning.

We break out big guns like Englebert, Bonnie Tyler and so on and do rubbish.

Even when we broke out Andrew Lloyd Webber as a song writer didn't we only just crack 5th/6th place?

It's more of a novelty night of entertainment for UK Now

Nah, that's a bit of a myth peddled by the British press- this year was won by Austria who are pretty much stand alone in Europe and haven't won since 1966.

The ALW song was a bit cliched and overwrought- 5th was about right.
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Nah, that's a bit of a myth peddled by the British press- this year was won by Austria who are pretty much stand alone in Europe and haven't won since 1966.

The ALW song was a bit cliched and overwrought- 5th was about right.

I'll give you that about Austria but usually recently politics do play a part. I agree it has been over played though by the British Media but there is something to it. Granted we have deserved to win it this century but we are not that low down every time we perform...in my opinion.

Though obviously less and less credible acts with good songs will want to take part because they know its a very long shot
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She hasn't a hope of even getting out of the pre-selection stage.
    As mentioned, the Swiss selection is a very drawn out affair that usually rejects foreign applicants anyway.
    She should try representing Ireland or Malta....probably stands a much higher chance of getting further.