Options

Rupauls Drag Race

Comments

• Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think we're allowed to discuss that openly, so I will say nothing in that regard. :)
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    thaliafan wrote: »
    Katya is so kooky. And Ginger is hillarious. Who else has watched Episode 2 yesterday? Ginger couldn't dance for shit but it didn't matter!

Ginger Minj (or) Jaidynn Diore Fierce, Katya and Trixie Mattell for the final 3- what do you guys think?

Ginger is very much the stand out for me, Funny and actually pretty feminine so should do well in fashion challenges too- She's going to go far- I don't know if its just because the series hasn't warmed up yet (or because I'm not binging it on Netflix) but I can't connect with the majority of the Queens this season- They're all a little bit samey (I genuinely can't remember about 3/4 of them)
  • Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Latest stolen news on opinions of Redditors. It seems Jasmine is the queen they would most like to see gawn. There's talk that MF should've been bottom 2 instead of Katya.

Trixie is getting some love, as she appears to be the target for some ultimate shade (bordering on bullying).
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new untucked series is very different

There isn't a room. It's simply furniture backstage. But the ladies look so uncomfortable. But we also get a chance to see them touch their makeup just before they go back on for the elimination and also see a few of them rehearse the lip sync song as well. We also see more of the person who is eliminated through packing their bags and saying a last goodbye to the camera crew. So we are seeing more, but the main setup is very much less.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I've watched Seasons 6,4,5 and 3 on Netflix (in that order) and this is most definately my new favorite TV show. It's amazing how quickly these character grow on you. I have to say though, that although the best women always wins, some of Ru's eliminations have me screaming at the telly!

However... I gave up on season 2. Tyra is by far the worst contestant i'd seen up until that point, and when I found out she won I was shocked. I watched until Ep 5 then gave up.

I've not started on Season 7 yet. Going to save a few episodes then watch them in one night. It's addictive! :D
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    I've watched Seasons 6,4,5 and 3 on Netflix (in that order) and this is most definately my new favorite TV show. It's amazing how quickly these character grow on you. I have to say though, that although the best women always wins, some of Ru's eliminations have me screaming at the telly!

However... I gave up on season 2. Tyra is by far the worst contestant i'd seen up until that point, and when I found out she won I was shocked. I watched until Ep 5 then gave up.

I've not started on Season 7 yet. Going to save a few episodes then watch them in one night. It's addictive! :D

I was originally going to wait for it all to air and binge but i knew i couldn't, as i would be spoiled by various websites I go on and because i just could not wait.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Gotta say my favs so far are Max, Pearl (who looks good in and out of Drag lol) and Ginger Minj.....defo top 3 for me....but we shall see how the season plays out.

Speculation who goes next? I say either Kasha Davies or Jasmine Masters (not a fan of her)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    I don't know if its just because the series hasn't warmed up yet (or because I'm not binging it on Netflix) but I can't connect with the majority of the Queens this season- They're all a little bit samey (I genuinely can't remember about 3/4 of them)
    This is exactly how I feel. A lot of the girls look the same and this is the first season where I haven't instantly picked a handful of favourites from very early on. I don't find the group "diverse" enough - they are all young, slim, white contestants (with the exception of Ginger, Jasmine and Jaidynn), and they all seem to blur in to one another, especially in Untucked when they are all sat together. This is helping with the whole confusion over who is who. If I've forgotten anyone who doesn't fit into the categories mentioned then they simply weren't memorable enough to remember!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »

I think Tyra is the prime example of how much of a difference the fan vote makes in later seasons, there is no way she would've beaten Raven or Juju if the fans had counted. I still think Raven was robbed three times, by no fan vote in S2 and Allstars, and by the fan vote (or as I like to call it the anti- Phi Phi vote) for Sharon, so that Chad didn't win. :D
  • Options
    ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've watched all seasons (several times :blush: ) and Untucked (wherever I can find them) and I have to say something about this season seems off. I fear the show may have become too self-aware that it is gathering an audience beyond the LGBT community.

I don't like not getting to see the Queens make their costumes in the work-room, instead its just straight out on the runway. Queens struggling or getting creative with their materials really made you connect with them a lot more. You appreciated the work that went into their craft.
    I don't like the weird Season 1 filter that has come back. Someone's been smearing vaseline on that camera lens (probably Ru).
    Untucked is interesting but a bit flat. They could have easily merged the old format and new elements together properly instead of overhauling it.

Queens I like:
    - Ginger Minj - just lovely and charming, interesting and funny, but don't mess with her.
    - Katya - She seems like Willam for some reason but friendlier
    - Mrs. Kasha Davis - Funny and endearing
    - Jaidynn Diore Fierce - Her surname says it all
    - Trixie Mattel - I like Queens who own their style and won't change their passion
    Queens on the fence:
    - Kennedy Davenport - She is so hit and miss for me
    - Kandy Ho - Her lip sync in episode 1 showed me she has talent but she's very meh otherwise
    - Max - I'm just waiting on something special. I haven't seen it yet
    - Pearl - potential aplenty but a little cold for my liking
    - Miss Fame - close to tipping into my Sashay Away pile. Too me me me.
    Queens I want to Sashay Away:
    - Jasmine Masters - just too basic and won't keep quiet
    - Violet Chakchi - one of my initial favourites but now shes just plain mean
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have only ever seen about 4 whole episodes from various series, but I always really enjoy it.

From the episodes I have seen I really REALLY loved Milk!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Tyra is the prime example of how much of a difference the fan vote makes in later seasons, there is no way she would've beaten Raven or Juju if the fans had counted.
    I really didn't like Tyra, but I can sort of forgive her for giving me one of the biggest laughs from Drag Race ever, I've watched this so many times with friends who love this show, we always laugh our heads off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3rl2CyVhqY
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drag Race will be shown on TruTV from Season 4 onwards starting in June. They have confirmed it will be uncensored and hopefully they will show Untucked too! Great news!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like this season, I think the shake ups they have undertaken are enough to make it still feel fresh without losing it's charm.

My favourite queens are Pearl (TRADE), Max, Katya and Ginger Minj. I like Trixie too.

I HATE Jasmine Masters. In the 2nd untucked - he was such an asshole. Ugh. Miss Fame is boring and his mouth when not in drag is weird and creeps me out.
    Mrs Kasha Davis just reminds me of an old Ben De La Creme. Jaidyn Dior Fierce is just a bit too in your face for my liking. Kandy Ho will be leaving soon. Kennedy Davenport is going to be a bit meh but I hope he does Oprah for the snatch game.

I love Pearl and Max's aesthetic - Pearl isn't getting enough recognition for her outfits - his jetset eleganza was STUNNING
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you sure it's not Jasmine who has the weird mouth? It's quite big!

Also, this is brilliant! - https://41.media.tumblr.com/a0420b5bd72e17b4320a29c9778ebc1a/tumblr_nkmhojzJ5z1sm71s5o1_500.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can tell the difference between Jasmine and Miss Fame...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I rewatched some of season 6 waiting for this season, and I can't believe how much I love Gia Gunn this time around. I found her annoying AF last time, but now I just find her hilarious. Absolutely. Also BenDelaCreme was robbed. She should have been in top 3 at least as she was consistently good, unlike Adore Delano.

Where are people watching untucked BTW? I can't find a copy anywhere for this season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having re-watched Season 6 I also totally agree with you re. Gia Gunn. He is bloody hilarious - his best moments on youtube are full of incredible quotes

"feel like p*ssy feel like c*nt"
    "c'mon scream"
    "how is she though?"
    "you ladyboy?"
    "I don't jump the gun, I am the boom boom gun"
    "absolutely"

SO many
  • Options
    stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hey there.

love RPDR but hate having to scour the internet for a site/video player that works each week. Anyone got a reliableish website they use? Fancy PMing me it?

Cheers x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught epi 3. Loving the little touches this season, like Tuckahoe School for Girls. ;-)

I thought the right person won this week, the bottom two were right, but I think the one that stayed had screwed over the one that left, so I'm not sure the really really right one went home. (All that will make sense if you've watched it, I don't want to spoiler so early in the week).

Lastly for now, I cant be the only one that thought that Pearl was freaking hilaaaar in the Shakesqueer challenge? I haven't seen that much not giving a crap since Willam. :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    very irritatingly, every single stream I find of this episode goes out of sync after the first ad break and so is impossible to watch! Anyone else got this issue?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    very irritatingly, every single stream I find of this episode goes out of sync after the first ad break and so is impossible to watch! Anyone else got this issue?

Yep, I had the exact same issue. :(
  • Options
    thaliafanthaliafan Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught epi 3. Loving the little touches this season, like Tuckahoe School for Girls. ;-)

I thought the right person won this week, the bottom two were right, but I think the one that stayed had screwed over the one that left, so I'm not sure the really really right one went home. (All that will make sense if you've watched it, I don't want to spoiler so early in the week).

Lastly for now, I cant be the only one that thought that Pearl was freaking hilaaaar in the Shakesqueer challenge? I haven't seen that much not giving a crap since Willam. :D:D

I completely agree that
    Jasmine and Kennedy Davenport
    should have been in the bottom. It seems obviously that they would be when the teams were picked I thought :) However,
    Kennedy
    should have left rather than the other. Mel B was openly trying to keep her in, and obviously Ru doesn't give a damn lol.

I thought that Pearl was completely meh. Willam is sassy when he doesn't give a shit. Pearl just looked confused and bored.

Here are my predictions (don't view if you haven't seen the last episode!)

1. Max
    2. Ginger Minj (definitely a finalist, but can see an upset!)
    3. Mrs. Kasha Davis

4. Katya (has 4th place all over her; but my favourite)
    5. Jaidynn Diore Fierce
    6. Kandy Ho
    7. Miss Fame
    8. Violet Chakchi
    9. Kennedy Davenport
    10. Pearl
    11. Trixie Mattel (next elimination - from the promos, she looks ready to fail the viral video challenge and funny is her thing)
  • Options
    thaliafanthaliafan Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've started a poll if people want to vote! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Yep, I had the exact same issue. :(

irritating isn't it?

does anyone have a link to a stream that doesn't do this? PM me.