Rupauls Drag Race

Comments

• lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thaliafan wrote: »
    I thought that Pearl was completely meh. Willam is sassy when he doesn't give a shit. Pearl just looked confused and bored.

I maybe went too far with the Willam comparison. I was watching an after show about drag race ep 1 and they called Pearl "The Daria of the show", and as the episodes go on the more I see that. She's like the love child of Raja (fashionable but with a stink face most of the time), and Laganja (permanently stoned), what's not to love? :D:D
  • thaliafanthaliafan Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I maybe went too far with the Willam comparison. I was watching an after show about drag race ep 1 and they called Pearl "The Daria of the show", and as the episodes go on the more I see that. She's like the love child of Raja (fashionable but with a stink face most of the time), and Laganja (permanently stoned), what's not to love? :D:D

I just haven't seen any real creativity yet or strong personality. Hopefully she will shine in the viral videos next week!

Raja was a rock star who always shined from the start and oozed personality. I don't think anyone can beat her IMHO.

Laganja was just terrible. Very annoying and fake! Then again, so was Adore but she was utterly charming and individual.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just haven't seen any real creativity yet or strong personality. Hopefully she will shine in the viral videos next week!

Raja was a rock star who always shined from the start and oozed personality. I don't think anyone can beat her IMHO.

It might just be me then, but she's the talking head I like the most after Katya (if Katya goes before snatch game I may write angry letters to RuPaul, I'm expecting something utterly surreal).

Raja was something fresh and exciting, but I always felt that Manilla ran a close second, and may have won any other season. MacArthur Park, crossed eyed and in a big bird outfit will always be a highlight for me, and don't even get me started on her Thoroughly Modern Millieonaire outfit that was everything!!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It might just be me then, but she's the talking head I like the most after Katya (if Katya goes before snatch game I may write angry letters to RuPaul, I'm expecting something utterly surreal).

Raja was something fresh and exciting, but I always felt that Manilla ran a close second, and may have won any other season. MacArthur Park, crossed eyed and in a big bird outfit will always be a highlight for me, and don't even get me started on her Thoroughly Modern Millieonaire outfit that was everything!!! :D

I hope that Katya plays something like "**** of Putin". Probably will be Anna Kournikova or a member of Tatu.

Manila was and is in a class of his own. So so talented. He spends so much on his music videos; I love his new one with Jinkx Monsoon. Always makes me sad though to remember that the love of his life was Sahara Davenport RIP :(

by the way everybody, I've done a poll for who you think will win. make sure you vote and we can see who is right at the end :)http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2059884
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't bother with streams of the show, they are always hit and miss and usually badly done TV rips with on screen graphics, beeping of the swearing and ad breaks.

Plenty of excellent torrents of the show out there, in HD and uncensored with no ads. Untucked is a YouTube exclusive now, not shown on TV, so you'll have to get a proxy add on for your browser or visit a proxy website and paste the URL in to watch USA region locked YouTube videos, like Untucked. Some people put it up for download, but watching it with/through a proxy is far easier, and faster.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I adore Max and Pearl. Pearl effing up her challenge was hilarious. I just find her aesthetic absolutely stunning! I fancy him so much - in and out of drag.

Also, Max will win IMO. She does the balance between masculinity, femininity, drag, coture and avante garde fantastically. She wears feminine clothes but still makes it look drag - unlike Courtney Act who sometimes just looks to feminine to really get me excited for drag.

Max looks incredible in this: https://vimeo.com/120952244
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 8 confirmed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope that Katya plays something like "**** of Putin". Probably will be Anna Kournikova or a member of Tatu.

A member of Tatu would be epic, a gay guy in drag playing a fake lesbian. And have every answer as "all the things she said" and an arrow to whoever is sitting next to her. :D:D

[QUOTE}Manila was and is in a class of his own. So so talented. He spends so much on his music videos; I love his new one with Jinkx Monsoon. Always makes me sad though to remember that the love of his life was Sahara Davenport RIP :([/QUOTE]

Yeah I was so sad to hear about that. :(:(
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    I like Pearl but I couldn't get the image of Mugatu from zoolander out of my head.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Pearl but I couldn't get the image of Mugatu from zoolander out of my head.

:D:D:D

I've been calling her "Pearl Trade" as if it's now her full name.
  • stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    STILL can't find a stream that stays in sync past the first ad break...

Can anyone help me out here? I've been looking loads but still haven't been able to watch episode 3 because of this.

Cheers,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stop looking for streams, download the show instead...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Episode 4 got leaked yesterday, haven't watched it as I'm on lock down as I can't wait 8 days for the one after. :D

However there is major upset about the bottom two being wrong for the third time out of four episodes. :o
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    Episode 4 got leaked yesterday, haven't watched it as I'm on lock down as I can't wait 8 days for the one after. :D

However there is major upset about the bottom two being wrong for the third time out of four episodes. :o

I've just watched it and I am LIVID. Its bendela and darienne all over again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still don't know who were the bottom two, but had to come say Jaidynn gave me everything I need to survive and swag for my nerve and everything else she promised day one with her impression of Bianca.

If I had to pick bottom two from the vids and catwalk, I'd have to say Fame and Pearl (or perhaps even Max, because making cardboard, sorry I mean Courtney, funny was impossible and where's the green?). Anyone but those three and I'm going to need a damn good explanation.

Also what is up with the weird editing that drops bombshells in the middle of episodes? First about Fame's grandfather, now about Kennedy & Sahara? The moments just come out of nowhere. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Here are my predictions (don't view if you haven't seen the last episode!)

1. Max
    2. Ginger Minj (definitely a finalist, but can see an upset!)
    3. Mrs. Kasha Davis

4. Katya (has 4th place all over her; but my favourite)
    5. Jaidynn Diore Fierce
    6. Kandy Ho
    7. Miss Fame
    8. Violet Chakchi
    9. Kennedy Davenport
    10. Pearl
    11. Trixie Mattel (next elimination - from the promos, she looks ready to fail the viral video challenge and funny is her thing)
    Not to boast, but I should have put money on! Kandy should have gone grr
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just watched it and I am LIVID. Its bendela and darienne all over again.

Bendela and Darienne + Jade and Rebecca = this travesty. >:( >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not to boast, but I should have put money on! Kandy should have gone grr
    Good call, but i thought Kandy did just as well as Mrs K.D, and if Trixie was being punished for failing in her strong suit, then MKD should've been bottom two too. It just felt that the reasoning behind who was in the bottom was inconsistent.

I also think Violet is there for the long haul, beatch is hungry. Hungry and clever as hell, turns it on when needed. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've calmed down a bit, so is
    Pearl
    this years "big reveal" storyline? Is it too soon to speculate what it might be?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've calmed down a bit, so is
    Pearl
    this years "big reveal" storyline? Is it too soon to speculate what it might be?

What do you mean? The one who goes through a journey of self discovery and pips Ginger Minj to the win, to the annoyance of all fans, vis a vis Tyra, Sharon or Jinkx?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do you mean? The one who goes through a journey of self discovery and pips Ginger Minj to the win, to the annoyance of all fans, vis a vis Tyra, Sharon or Jinkx?

I mean there's always the one that is holding a secret that comes out during the show, like TKB being HIV positive, or Monica BH being transgender, it's always something that seemingly holds them back, then we get the group hug of understanding and they get bumped a couple of weeks later. ;-) (I'm not counting Ongina's reveal, as she was fierce.)

I don't think it's related to HIV or being transgender if it is you-know-who, but him being autistic/ aspergers wouldn't surprise me. Of course I am probably waaaaay off. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently.... APPARENTLY....

An eliminated queen will be brought back, a la Season 4. So, if one of your favourites has already sashayed away, don't count on not seeing them on the show again...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Apparently.... APPARENTLY....

An eliminated queen will be brought back, a la Season 4. So, if one of your favourites has already sashayed away, don't count on not seeing them on the show again...

Is this a reaction to the Bendela situation last year? Fans hated Carmen and Kenya coming back, so is it Ru saying "be careful what you wish for".

In fairness I don't think any eliminated yet were real threats to the win, and they may be better off not coming back until the final.

Isn't Allstars 2 set to roll after this season? Are you sure it's not Shangela again? ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lady Bunny wasn't happy about last night either it seems https://twitter.com/LADYBUNNY77/status/580408847342403585

And Alaska https://twitter.com/Alaska5000/status/580181489419182080 clock Sharon's reply. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That isn't the real Sharon Needles though, but still true! Incidentally, the real Sharon has posted a tweet saying she's finding this season boring and the quality is lacking, and I have to admit, I kinda agree.

It seems the idea of a returning queen has been confirmed and their identity let slip anyway:-
    When Katya was being interviewed, the interviewer said to her that she likes Trixie and hopes she doesn't go too early, to which Katya replied "Well, you're right and wrong" which has prompted all the rumours of a queen returning, and it being Trixie. Possibly during Snatch Game as it is going to be late on in the season instead of near the start. Some former queens return to play and the one that impresses the most takes the place of the eliminated queen that week.