Options

Police Squad!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Airplane: Have you got the vector, Victor?
  • Options
    StaffsyeomanStaffsyeoman Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first episode where he has a gunfight from about three feet... and still uses a bullhorn.. "You are surrounded..."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    junnja wrote: »
    Yeah, I love the fact that he's a Detective Lt, but his real first name is Sergeant. Took me a couple of episodes to spot that. Hard to believe it was all that time ago.

Strewth, I only just spotted that now. I feel a bit stupid now! I'm going to have to buy the DVD so I can watch them many times to get all the jokes.

My favourite visual gag is the "there's something on your mouth,no the other side" cue a chunk of banana falling down .
  • Options
    AH7386AH7386 Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Absolutely love this show! And I also didn't spot that Franks first name is in-fact Sergeant!

I particularly love the boxing episode.

Frank: Buddy, I'm here to help you - now do you think you can beat the champ?
    Buddy: I can take him blindfolded
    Frank: What is he's not blindfolded?
    Buddy: I could still beat him!
  • Options
    Diamond HeadDiamond Head Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The visual joke the other week was "Police Squad" on the glass in the office door.

As we were looking outward "Police" appeared mirrored as it should, whereas "Squad" was viewed the other way, looking correct to us.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sold my DVD a few years ago. I now wish I hadn't!!

I love this kind of humour.
  • Options
    StaffsyeomanStaffsyeoman Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    I sold my DVD a few years ago. I now wish I hadn't!!

I love this kind of humour.

Heresy! To be kept and treasured, especially in an age 'of spoon up the obvious gag'

Oh, that one with the reversed name - it's in every episode...

"And Rex Hamilton......As Abraham Lincoln!" (and he shoots back).

1. The guest star is always killed in the opening credits (Favourite: Lorne Greene)
    2. The name of the episode on voice over always differs from the caption..

All that's missing is for gravelly voice over man to say "A Quinn Martin Production!"