DS Forums

Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Old 10-06-2015, 23:17
PaulJoseph22
Forum Member

I love rebel heart apart from B.I.M. Which in my opinion is the worst Madonna song ever.
PaulJoseph22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:24
jadebutterfly96
Forum Member

I love rebel heart apart from B.I.M. Which in my opinion is the worst Madonna song ever.
It is and it isn't. at this stage of her career she can release a stellar single like Ghosttown and it still won't set the charts on fire. I think BIM will be a great touring song and I can see this mashing into Music as the closing numbers.

I also think she deliberately released this as a middle finger gesture to all her ageist critics.
jadebutterfly96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 17:42
Living4Love
Inactive Member

I quite like Bitch I'm Madonna now actually. If she wants to let her hair down and put two fingers up to those who believe she should behave a certain way now she is heading towards 60 then so be it! good on her. Its just a fun track. It beats me why people take it all so seriously. Madonna's legacy is irreplaceable, nothing will touch what she achieved as an artist. Just take what she gives now and roll with it is my motto.
Living4Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2015, 17:39
Living4Love
Inactive Member

The video for Bitch I'm Madonna is out. Its really good but he cameos are basically 10 second segments. Nothing to get excited over. Madonna looks the most relaxed she has done in a long time.

She basically broke Twitter as well when the video hit! lol that's like the 4th time this year.
Living4Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2015, 13:38
Rocketpop
Forum Member

Living4Love and Ellie_Arbuckle accounts become 'inactive' at the sametime........
Rocketpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2015, 14:33
Gigi4
Forum Member

What does inactive mean as far as members? I'm not familiar with Ellie_Arbuckle. What did he/she post?

Madonna has been teasing songs that she is possibly doing on her instagram. So far we have gotten Rescue Me, Dress You Up and True Blue as possibly being on the setlist. There was also a rumour she was going to do a guitar based mash up of Justify My Love and Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin.
Gigi4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2015, 02:09
QwertyGirl1771
Forum Member

Double standards of the media. Kris Jenner is a few years older than Madonna and she lets everything hang out and gets praised. When Madonna does, she gets slated!
QwertyGirl1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2015, 13:08
Gigi4
Forum Member

More hints on the tour set list from her instagram!!

Who's That Girl, Deeper and Deeper, Love Don't LIve Here Anymore, Body Shop, Heartbreak City!
Old 26-06-2015, 18:51
boysforpele
Forum Member

BIM is a Bilboard Hit with a placing of 84 and Number 1 on Billboard Twitter chart. . Also it is a VEVO hit.

I am loving the songs she is referring to with rebel heart tour links ....

A big Yes to Rescue Me; Dress You Up; Who's that Girl, True blu, Deeper and Deeper and Love Don't Live here anymore!

Does anyone know if Madonna is appearing on the Kanye Glasto set?
boysforpele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2015, 04:36
jadebutterfly96
Forum Member

I have a feeling that she may be trolling everyone. Don't get me wrong, it would be amazing if what she has teased is true.
Old 29-06-2015, 13:35
Gigi4
Forum Member

More hints on instagram. To summarize here is what has been hinted at so far.

Living for Love
Bitch, I'm Madonna
Devil Pray
Body Shop
Heartbreak City
Holy Water
Ghosttown
Justify My Love/Whole Lotta Love
Rescue Me
Deeper and Deeper
La Isla Bonita
Who's That Girl
True Blue
Into the Groove
Dress you Up
Love Don't Live Here Anymore

Now obviously she's going to Australia, and her recent albums haven't done well there and she hasn't been there in years. So they are wanting more of the older 80's hits, so I think there is going to plenty of the older stuff, more than the last 2 tours.
Old 04-07-2015, 18:41
boysforpele
Forum Member

is it true that 'unapologetic bitch' is the next single? if so inspired decision - summery ,edgy and radio/stream service appealing? On the back of BIM it could be another top 100 billboard hit?
boysforpele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 16:26
Gigi4
Forum Member

is it true that 'unapologetic bitch' is the next single? if so inspired decision - summery ,edgy and radio/stream service appealing? On the back of BIM it could be another top 100 billboard hit?
I have not heard that. I don't think unfortunately there's going to be time to do another video before the tour because she is busy rehearsing. I did hear they were sending out Devil Pray to radio but with BIM to more AC stations that wouldn't play BIM.
Old 05-07-2015, 20:21
abbieunique
Forum Member

More hints on instagram. To summarize here is what has been hinted at so far.

Living for Love
Bitch, I'm Madonna
Devil Pray
Body Shop
Heartbreak City
Holy Water
Ghosttown
Justify My Love/Whole Lotta Love
Rescue Me
Deeper and Deeper
La Isla Bonita
Who's That Girl
True Blue
Into the Groove
Dress you Up
Love Don't Live Here Anymore

Now obviously she's going to Australia, and her recent albums haven't done well there and she hasn't been there in years. So they are wanting more of the older 80's hits, so I think there is going to plenty of the older stuff, more than the last 2 tours.
Yes praying for Dress you up and into the Groove
abbieunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2015, 05:40
jadebutterfly96
Forum Member

My dream set list, based on what she teased and the other RH tracks that I assume would be performed:

1 Iconic
2 Ray of Light
3 Rebel Heart
4 Unapologetic Bitch
5 Illuminati (Interlude)
6 Devil Pray
7 Rescue Me
8 Joan of Arc
9 Erotic Holy Water (Interlude)
10 Body Shop
11 Deeper and Deeper
12 Justify Whole Lotta Love
13 Veni Vedi Vicci (Interlude)
14 Hold Tight
15 Ghosttown
16 Heartbreak City
17 Love Don't Live Hear Anymore
18 True Blue (Acoustic version)
19 Dress You Up (Interlude)
20 Living for Love (Living for Drama remix)
21 La Isla Bonita
22 Into the Groove
23 Who's that Girl
24 Bitch I'm Madonna
25 Holiday
Old 26-07-2015, 14:07
Gigi4
Forum Member

Great set list. But I think Dress you Up should be performed live, not part of an interlude. It's something most fans want to hear her sing and which hasn't been performed that much.

Interludes should be more obscure songs she wouldn't perform live or don't lend themselves well to being done live for whatever reason.
Old 28-07-2015, 12:20
jadebutterfly96
Forum Member

The teaser clips got me really excited!

Poll dancing nuns lol most likely Holy Water, Devil Pray

The second clip screams Iconic, Hold Tight.
Old 28-07-2015, 17:55
Gigi4
Forum Member

The teaser clips were great. On instagram she also posted one of the costumes which looks similiar to the one from the who's that girl video.

So I guess who's that Girl is on the setlist for sure.

I see the poster unique is going at in the Madonna's critical downfall thread. He spends an undue amount of time trying to bring her down no matter what people say. What an annoying person.
Old 28-07-2015, 23:45
liamc01
Forum Member

There's some hardcore madonna fans here! Respect to you all! The woman will never retire.. Legend.
Please check out my covers on my youtube page if you get chance, just need some exposure...
https://youtu.be/h3W8XoBr9hQ

Thanks and god bless
liamc01 is offline   Reply With Quote