Interesting interview with Benedict Cumberbatch..

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Classic 'politicians response' from BC when asked if he would like to do an episode of DW..
"Not an episode, no..."
So that would be The Master or The Doctor then.. :D

Comments

• HallamsteriscooHallamsteriscoo Posts: 21,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hot Dogg wrote: »
    Classic 'politicians response' from BC when asked if he would like to do an episode of DW..
    "Not an episode, no..."
    So that would be The Master or The Doctor then.. :D

Oooooh Benedict as the Doctor! Yes please!! :D
  • WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, he's the Rani!!!
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Ugh, no thanks.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No no no no no!

If he's got time to be the Doctor, or be in DW at all, he's got time to do more Sherlock episodes.

He should be concentrating on that.
  • LordofGallifreyLordofGallifrey Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Benedict Cumberbum is now much bigger than DW, he is now a real movie actor unlike any of the Doc's.

Lets face it he's Khan in Star Trek 2, is that not a bigger role than The Master
  • HallamsteriscooHallamsteriscoo Posts: 21,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Webslark wrote: »
    No, he's the Rani!!!

SPOILERS! :mad::D
    No no no no no!

If he's got time to be the Doctor, or be in DW at all, he's got time to do more Sherlock episodes.

How about maybe the 15/16th Doctor, you know, when he's got bored of playing Sherlock :D
  • EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite an old interview, from way before War Horse, The Hobbit and Star Trek 2 which raised his international profile.

He has also said that he would never take on the role of the Doctor because of the childish stigma and around-the-clock publicity that comes with it - something I think Tennant (and now Smith) are having to cope with, as with Cumberbatch and Sherlock.

Moffat has also said that having Cumberbatch play the Master would be a bit too 'obvious'.

I personally think he won't ever find the time or the urge to have a role in Doctor Who nowadays. Too busy, too famous and too 'above' it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Ugh, no thanks.

I'll second that. If he gets the job I won't be watching anymore. Its bad enough now (mind you, now that Jenna-Louise Coleman's in it instead of Emo Gillan it might improve).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How about maybe the 15/16th Doctor, you know, when he's got bored of playing Sherlock :D

He is not allowed to ever get bored of playing Sherlock. He will be playing Sherlock until he is 85! And Moff & Gatiss will be still writing it. Or else!!

I think he would make an amazing Doctor. But I want him to be Sherlock!
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joanne1938 wrote: »
    I'll second that. If he gets the job I won't be watching anymore. Its bad enough now (mind you, now that Jenna-Louise Coleman's in it instead of Emo Gillan it might improve).

I'll third it, although not the Gillan bashing :mad:
  • DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    No no no no no!

I agree 100%
    Forum Member

I am hoping for an improvement too so I can start enjoying it again, fingers crossed.
    Forum Member
    Benedict Cumberbum is now much bigger than DW, he is now a real movie actor unlike any of the Doc's.

Lets face it he's Khan in Star Trek 2, is that not a bigger role than The Master

Hang on, he is really Ricardo Montalban????:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No! Not the Doctor! You can't have Doctor like people playing the Doctor! It's just wrong! Otherwise you'll end up with Stephan Fry and other people who are intelligent and quirky and that's just not right. The Doctor needs to be a fresh character on his own and not defined on the Doctor-like-ness of the actor. If that makes sense....
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Hang on, he is really Ricardo Montalban????:eek:

No....but I believe they're going to CGI the chest on during post production. 3D.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member

Bad enough now? Emo Gillan???
    Why watch if its "bad enough now" ?
    Cumberbatch is a fantastic actor and Ms Gillan has improved greatly. You are entitled to your opinions of course and if they were right id agree with you.
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WHAT 15th Doctor? There are only 13. ;)
    He is not allowed to ever get bored of playing Sherlock. He will be playing Sherlock until he is 85! And Moff & Gatiss will be still writing it. Or else!!

I think he would make an amazing Doctor. But I want him to be Sherlock!
    Which one would you rather they scrap? :eek::p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylob49 wrote: »
    Cumberbatch is a fantastic actor and Ms Gillan has improved greatly. You are entitled to your opinions of course and if they were right id agree with you.
    I wouldn't say she's emo, I never saw her wearing black make-up or cutting herself, unless I missed that episode. Infact I never even saw her listening to a Thursday song :D
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member

Emo Gillan? Have you ever see an interview with her? She's not remotely 'emo' :rolleyes:.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylob49 wrote: »

Haha! Love this post and totally agree. :)
    WHAT 15th Doctor? There are only 13. ;)

Which one would you rather they scrap? :eek::p

The Doctor can regenerate lots of times, apparently. He said so in SJA. (I can't remember the exact number. 67? 93?)

I don't want them to scrap either. But if Moff can't do both he should concentrate on Sherlock.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha! Love this post and totally agree. :)

The Doctor can regenerate lots of times, apparently. He said so in SJA. (I can't remember the exact number. 67? 93?)

I don't want them to scrap either. But if Moff can't do both he should concentrate on Sherlock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRTiKG04ios He can apparently regenerate 507 times. A number completely not plucked out of thin air. ;)

I do remember seeing an interview with Moff and the cast (I can't find it now, but IIRC it may have been the one where he first mentioned the Ponds leaving). Someone asked him what they'd do once they got to 13 regenerations and his answer (slightly paraphrased) was: "We'll follow that age-old tradition of Who - we'll make something up."

I concur with everyone else. I know "everyone's entitled to their opinion", and of course they are, but this is like saying 'I prefer to read books when all the pages have been covered in ketchup' - you're just wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fire Host wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRTiKG04ios He can apparently regenerate 507 times. A number completely not plucked out of thin air. ;)

I do remember seeing an interview with Moff and the cast (I can't find it now, but IIRC it may have been the one where he first mentioned the Ponds leaving). Someone asked him what they'd do once they got to 13 regenerations and his answer (slightly paraphrased) was: "We'll follow that age-old tradition of Who - we'll make something up."
    Hopefully they'll make up something involving him needing to have his body reset in a slow and painful process involving burning energy beams and a lot of screaming.:o
    (Before the thread explodes, I Am Kidding ):D
  • Toby53Toby53 Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

With Lara Pulver as his assistant?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    I apologise if my comments caused offence. I just dislike Karen, its not meant to be personal. When I saw her first interview I heard her voice and thought of the comedian Emo Philips, and that was that. Not trying to cause offence, I'm sure other people dislike other companions that I thought were great. Also Matt Smith has got seriously better as the Doctor (except comments like the one about his Christmas list in the series 7 trailer still make me cringe). At the end of the day its about choice. So I meant no offence. But please, not Benedict. If nothing else he has too much personality and charisma, and it would dominate storylines (in my opinion) like it does in Sherlock. It should be Dr. Who, not the Benedict Cummerbatch show.
  • DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    No....but I believe they're going to CGI the chest on during post production. 3D.

Ah... he's going to get etheric beam locators, like Jonathan Price's Master?