Hollyoaks General Discussion (Part 19)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is liberty really gone? I'd have thought they would have given her at least a goodbye scene, she had quite a lot to do back in the day!

the Brendan stuff was amazing as expected, I can't wait for tomorrow.

also, I've missed a few minutes here and there - where is Kevin?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    is liberty really gone? I'd have thought they would have given her at least a goodbye scene, she had quite a lot to do back in the day!

the Brendan stuff was amazing as expected, I can't wait for tomorrow.

also, I've missed a few minutes here and there - where is Kevin?

Kevin was in hospital after being beaten up by Walker, and I assume the police will be having a lot of words with him too.
  • unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevin was in hospital after being beaten up by Walker, and I assume the police will be having a lot of words with him too.

I think they must be talking to him as Maxine mentioned that the police were doing something to his room.
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's wrong with that line? Letting the police know that the guy they're looking for is dead is pretty sensible, it stops them wasting their time looking for him....

I think they will find enough bits of Walker under the train to get enough DNA to be able to identify it is him!
  • Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's wrong with that line? Letting the police know that the guy they're looking for is dead is pretty sensible, it stops them wasting their time looking for him....

What's right with that line?

It's obvious the police would already know. The train driver would've noticed two people fighting at the side of the track and one of the going splat.

The train driver would've stopped, the police and ambulance would've been called. The driver would've given a description of who was fighting with the victim. That description would've matched Brendan's. The train driver would've been shocked and may have needed treatment for shock. The police would've known. Or do train driver constantly hit people and not inform the police or ambulance service and just treat it as an everyday occurrence like it's nothing?

It was a line that was too stupid for words. I thought that would've been a little obvious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    I think they will find enough bits of Walker under the train to get enough DNA to be able to identify it is him!
    Yeah, but it'd be helpful for the police to be directed to the train line and have Brendan tell them it was him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brendan in leather would be a nice image. :cool:

Also how many times has Texas been threatened now? It'll be a relief when she actually dies.
    scamrasc wrote: »
    the only two i'd dispose of before texas would be theresa and will, in that order.
    i don't feel that texas as a character (or bianca, as an actress) have ever added anything to the show. she's pretty much just vacant air space with some highly questionable fashion choices in my mind.

I second both of you about Texas;)

I'd love for Brendan to stay alive, I want him to always come out on top
  • whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    I dont have enough praise for Emmett as an actor. Hes better then any other soap actor out there, absolutely outstanding. One of my favourite performances from him tonight, that and the last few episodes of HO later.

Kieron was brilliant aswell, as was the guy playing Seamus, and Bronagh Waugh. Gonna miss them all (well not Ste but the other three)

This episode really showcased what good acting and what good stories can create. Savages vs Bradys, Bradys everytime, brilliant characters, so well acted, complex, great stories, etc.
  • bonyo0030bonyo0030 Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dare Devil wrote: »
    What's right with that line?

It's obvious the police would already know. The train driver would've noticed two people fighting at the side of the track and one of the going splat.

The train driver would've stopped, the police and ambulance would've been called. The driver would've given a description of who was fighting with the victim. That description would've matched Brendan's. The train driver would've been shocked and may have needed treatment for shock. The police would've known. Or do train driver constantly hit people and not inform the police or ambulance service and just treat it as an everyday occurrence like it's nothing?

It was a line that was too stupid for words. I thought that would've been a little obvious.
    that looked to me as a high speed train.high speed train go at such high velocity that you can not really make out thins you pass on the side of the road,so the idea that the train conductor who probably was not even look outside would be able to see two people fighting and what they look like well enough to give a description is very unlikely.i dont know about uk high speed train but acela which is the us high travels for about 240km/hr things on the side of the road goes by so first i doubt anyone will be able to give a description of a man by the road ,not only that chances are the train operator might no even know he struck aman,they might know they struck something but if the impact did not put the train in any danger they have no reason to stop for all they know they struck a wild animal.from the outside the impact souded loud but from the inside it prabably did not even register.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Yeah, but it'd be helpful for the police to be directed to the train line and have Brendan tell them it was him.

But then they'd have to arrest Brendon for killing him.

The Hollyoaks police are the most inept force ever. Is there anyone in the village whp hasn't been wrongfully arrested or had their info ignored by them.

Second night in a row I actually shouted out at the screen.

Also I foolishly thought Myra was going to have a bit of happiness at last, but it was just a plot device for the Savage mam reveal:(
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fuming that Liberty has been given such a poor exit, how dare they treat one of their best actresses like that? I could get it if it was someone like Brendan, Cheryl or Mitzeee who got an off-screen exit but Liberty? Liberty 'Ethan, you're so urgh' Savage? How dare they! :mad:

I'm so angry, I just......*huffs*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »
    I'm fuming that Liberty has been given such a poor exit, how dare they treat one of their best actresses like that? I could get it if it was someone like Brendan, Cheryl or Mitzeee who got an off-screen exit but Liberty? Liberty 'Ethan, you're so urgh' Savage? How dare they! :mad:

:cool:
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone else remember a character on HO called Bella? I think she pretended to be posh!

Sorry, this just randomly popped into my head lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else remember a character on HO called Bella? I think she pretended to be posh!

Yes. She was awfully similar to Danni Carbone (Russ's gf who was raped by Andy/Sam). Always got them confused. Bella Manning.
  • RonSwanson92RonSwanson92 Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I remember she was introduced alongside Zak in 2004 both left in 2005 then Zak randomly returned without any connections to Hollyoaks in 2006 and Bella was never mentioned.
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,184
    Forum Member

Yep I do I have no other memory of her think she just disappeared one day.
    I think I'm going to watch HOs til Jacqui goes and then give up I still like the Osbornes but hate Will and they insist on putting him on my tv tonight I recorded the ep and skipped him though so :p great Brady scenes though and I knew it had to be Cheryl
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    Do you think The train company will notice the mess and report to the police ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    The scenes between Brendan and his dad were just awesome- well done to both!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone remember original creepy Will and OCD Cam? I think Will was the one who closed Zoe's hand in a door and Cam was in a relationship with Steph?
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,659
    Forum Member
    I loved today's episode, this is what the last few weeks should have been about, Brendan, Cheryl, Seamus and the past, not Walker and his revenge on Brendan by hurting and attempting to kill everyone Brendan loved and thinking that was okay because Brendan 'killed' his brother.

I was disappointed that Brendan didn't overcome his fear of his father, although it was understandable that Brendan's demons would still haunt him so much that he would cower, I really wanted to see Brendan stand up to Seamus in the end. I'm not surprised it was Cheryl that shot Seamus, but something I read made me think that Brendan wouldn't know who the shooter was, that they would have shot Seamus and ran, then Brendan would be left to face his end alone, I am glad that didn't happen because I really wanted to see a Cheryl and Brendan scene after she found out.

The Savages shouldn't have been in this episode, it's the teens all over again, something great is happening and everyone wants to watch it, so the show puts characters that they want to be liked and the focus in the episode knowing that people wont want to switch off.

Although I am interesting in the mother storyline, but not the Savages part in it, just the Blakes (including Dodger). I can't say I care either way if Liberty has really gone, she isn't a good character, but she is hardly shown and when she is she has become less annoying since Ethan left. They really should have gotten rid of Will though, Dirk and Dodger can be good characters, it's just Will that is the problem.

It was good to see Darren pick up the betting slip, I really thought that Claire might take over the Dog, so hopefully the Osbornes can now own the place again.
  • Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member

:D:D:D

Thanks, I needed something to make me smile, after feeling traumatised from the intense Brady scenes tonight :(

(If you're serious about Liberty, I apologise and offer my sympathies for your sense of loss :o )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Does anyone remember original creepy Will and OCD Cam? I think Will was the one who closed Zoe's hand in a door and Cam was in a relationship with Steph?
    Yes, the first Creepy Will has been mentioned a few times because he put a camera in Zoe's room while Current Will's storyline has partly recycled that storyline. Liberty's exit reminded me of OCD Cam. I remember him leaving to go on tour with a band, he promised Steph he'd be back and then he didn't even bother coming back for her funeral, lovely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluebird69 wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Thanks, I needed something to make me smile, after feeling traumatised from the intense Brady scenes tonight :(

(If you're serious about Liberty, I apologise and offer my sympathies for your sense of loss :o )

Yes, I was only recovering from that dreadful acting with some of soap's worst actors when this horrific news came through, it's perhaps for the best as if Liberty was in any scenes tonight, she would have shown just how poor Brendan and Seamus are. :(

At least we still have Dodger and Will, the true legends of Hollyoaks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member

I'm tired and have had a drink, so it took me longer to get this than it should've. :D
  • Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    Yes, I was only recovering from that dreadful acting with some of soap's worst actors when this horrific news came through, it's perhaps for the best as if Liberty was in any scenes tonight, she would have shown just how poor Brendan and Seamus are. :(

At least we still have Dodger and Will, the true legends of Hollyoaks!

Ah yes, indeed - the bright shining future of Hollyoaks ;)
This discussion has been closed.