Options

Is anyone else having probs with DS back button..

paulinejonespaulinejones Posts: 153
Forum Member
Or is it just me. Had probs with layout a few weeks ago and don't know if it's ipad or site. Don't seem to have any problems with other sites, just DS, and it's so annoying.

Comments

• Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or is it just me. Had probs with layout a few weeks ago and don't know if it's ipad or site. Don't seem to have any problems with other sites, just DS, and it's so annoying.

Maybe you have to many windows opened or try going to settings safari clear history and website data see if that helps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe you have to many windows opened or try going to settings safari clear history and website data see if that helps.

Thank you. Will give it a try now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tried that thank you , but, still no joy. If I click on a post, then try to go back, it just keeps reloading the same post.
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I've been having problems for a few days now. The back button works but it doesn't automatically refresh like it used to. It's the same with both IE and Chrome. Other sites are fine.
  • Options
    iveivaniveivan Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue. I'm using safari on my iPad.
  • Options
    FlowesFlowes Posts: 6,986
    Forum Member
    I am! Thought it was just me! Sounds like it's ipad users
  • Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you. Will give it a try now.

Try holding the Home button and the off Button together till the Phone Restarts should fix any glitches and if that doesnt work try a different browser lol
  • Options
    cararosecararose Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    I have the same issue with safari on my i pad wondered if it was automatic download that caused it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good, it's not just me!
    Have tried restarting but makes no difference.
    I have to keep reopening the DS site every time I read a post. Hopefully it will sort itself out.
    Thanks to everyone for your replies.
  • Options
    Kevin_McGrathKevin_McGrath Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not just me then. Doesn't work on my iPad either. Every time I close a thread I have to go back to the beginning and click on through to the forum the long way round. Doesn't happen to me when visiting other sites with forums, it has to be DS.
  • Options
    cararosecararose Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Not just me then. Doesn't work on my iPad either. Every time I close a thread I have to go back to the beginning and click on through to the forum the long way round. Doesn't happen to me when visiting other sites with forums, it has to be DS.

just on ds for me too
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I thought it was just me.
  • Options
    iveivaniveivan Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just open threads I want to read in new Safari tabs as a workaround.
  • Options
    mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too. It's driving me nuts.
  • Options
    ilikespoilersilikespoilers Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Yes, with the iPad I have to click on soaps at the top just above where it says DS forums, however the back button works fine on the laptop (both using safari!)
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm having trouble aswell. Restarting the iPad doesn't work either.
  • Options
    eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having trouble on a laptop, so it isn't just tablet users.
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm using my Android and I've been having trouble with the back button on and off for a while now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Both mine and hubby's Android tablets are having that problem just with DS. My Windows phone is fine though. Bit weird.
  • Options
    evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    I don't have a solution but suggest one of you ask the Mods here and then reports back as to what was said.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    Does the swipe right method work on Android devices as an alternative to using the Back button? (it does on my Windows phone)
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No doubt all the advertising spy stuff that DS seems to stick on these days.
    I have nothing against advertising, but when it gets in the way of browsing it is a different thing. Have a look and see how many redirects at the bottom of the browser we go though, it is getting stupid now.

On this page alone there are SEVEN different advertising companies spying on you
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    I've been having trouble with it for a while. Android user.
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    I've been having trouble with it for a while. Android user.

Same here.

I have found that when I'm in the forums I get lots page loading errors using Android Chrome. I have found if I turn off javascript it seems to work OK.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Several issues using iPad over the last few days:
    Slow to load new pages
    Difficulty attempting to highlight if copy/pasting
    Copy/Paste bar won't stay visible long enough.
    When typing a delay of several seconds between hitting key and script appearing.