VoodooChic wrote: »
    I don't want up there Deirdre next to Albert - it seems so wrong

I reckon they're not too sentimental in your family then???:(
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mantlepiece of death! ROFL!!! Love it! :D

But why's it wrong to have Deirdre next to Uncle Albert? They're both people that Ken loved and misses.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds like the title to the next Mad Max movie. :o
  • Options
    LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Mantlepiece of death! ROFL!!! Love it! :D

But why's it wrong to have Deirdre next to Uncle Albert? They're both people that Ken loved and misses.

Probably because how final it feels
  • Options
    BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Lynne McGranger who plays Irene on H&A once said in an interview that she frames pictures of people close to Irene who die and puts them on a shelf in Irene's living room and calls it the dead shelf. All the actresses doing.....watch out for it!
  • Options
    Shane ParrishShane Parrish Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So he has Valerie, Albert, Susan, Blanche and now Deirdre on his mantelpiece
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    AndreaMC wrote: »
    I reckon they're not too sentimental in your family then???:(

We have a shelf on the corner cabinet with departed family members - the scary part is that I'm on there too....
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadRomance wrote: »
    Lynne McGranger who plays Irene on H&A once said in an interview that she frames pictures of people close to Irene who die and puts them on a shelf in Irene's living room and calls it the dead shelf. All the actresses doing.....watch out for it!

Must be quite a stacked "dead shelf" then with Belle, Chloe, etc..:(
  • Options
    davadsdavads Posts: 8,644
    Forum Member
    It's a sideboard isn't it, rather than a mantelpiece? #pedant
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's kind of sweet, I didn't know he kept a picture of Valerie for all of these years
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the title..:(:(:o:D
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely there are some people missing from KMoD.

What about his mum and dad and his brother David?
  • Options
    David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Albert and Deirdre are on the sideboard. There are seven photos on the mantelpiece - Blanche, Albert, 70s Ken and Peter, Amy, Peter and Simon, Deirdre and Blanche, and a little one of Deirdre and Eccles. Then there are three on the table next to the sofa - Amy, Peter and Simon, and what looks like Ken and Amy or possibly Tracy.
  • Options
    davadsdavads Posts: 8,644
    Forum Member
    Albert and Deirdre are on the sideboard. There are seven photos on the mantelpiece - Blanche, Albert, 70s Ken and Peter, Amy, Peter and Simon, Deirdre and Blanche, and a little one of Deirdre and Eccles. Then there are three on the table next to the sofa - Amy, Peter and Simon, and what looks like Ken and Amy or possibly Tracy.

To continue my furniture based pedantry (!) isn't that more of a dresser that those ones are on? If you mean the unit we see straight ahead of us in the "default view" of No.1's living room (with some books at the top). The mantelpiece is behind where the camera generally is - although we've started to see it now and again in the past week's episodes :)
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mantelpiece of Death! I'm going to sneak a picture of Tracey on to it.
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    We have a shelf on the corner cabinet with departed family members - the scary part is that I'm on there too....

My mother has a sideboard with all of us on it, going back several generations. Me and my sisters are flanking the lot of them too lol.

it's good to keep the continuity going. I think it probably helped us think twice about ever being toooo naughty, being constantly observed by the ancestors and next of kin.
    At least in that room anyhow lol.

Have to admit that Tracey has been pretty entertaining and i find myself believing a bit more in her lately. I think she's really started to learn to not give a shit hopefully.:)