Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wings will take a hit tonight. Between Demi and The voice...
  • Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    casual at 10 to midnight and wings was #47, I have to go to bed now so I think you can use this position
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you kindly felpcalibas.

Wings on iTunes during US radio tour (midnight Eastern time)
    Mar. 16 #152
    Mar. 17 #154
    Mar. 18 #157
    Mar. 19 #154
    Mar. 20 #146 (4 AM)
    Mar. 21 #138
    Mar. 22 #140 (3 AM)
    Mar. 23 #130
    Mar. 24 #124
    Mar. 25 #123
    Mar. 26 #147
    Mar. 27 #137
    Mar. 28 #120
    Mar. 29 #122
    Mar. 30 #118
    Mar. 31 #106; DNA #79
    April 1 #111 (2 AM)
    April 2 #108
    April 3 #104
    April 4 #97

**post radio tour**
    April 5 #93
    April 6 #84
    April 7 #97
    April 8 #98
    April 9 #101
    April 10 #100
    April 11 #98
    April 12 #91
    April 13 #82
    April 14 #77
    April 15 #81
    April 16 #90 1AM
    April 17 #89
    April 18 #87
    April 19 #89
    April 20 #82
    April 21 #76
    April 22 #81 (2 AM)
    April 23 #85
    April 24 #86
    April 25 #84
    April 26 #91
    April 27 #71 (3 AM)
    April 28 #68
    April 29 #76
    April 30 #82

May promo

May 1 #75 (post Idol before West coast airing)
    May 2 #74
    May 3 #75
    May 4 #65
    May 5 #65
    May 6 #78
    May 7 #84
    May 8 #88
    May 9 #65 (post Glee)
    May 10 #46
    May 11 #45
    May 12 #45
    May 13 #47

Wings hasnt taken too much of a hit yet...its #51 right now...exactly 4 The Voice performances ahead of it. I'm not too worried as those work their way out of the chart as the days go by after people have voted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    Why does US have so many charts??....what is the main one??? The Billboard 200 or something else lol

The Billboard 200 is album sales only, digital and physical, all genres.

The Hot 100 is popularity based on airplay, sales and social streaming, all genres.

The Digital Songs 200 is track sales only, no physical sales, all genres.

Then Billboard subdivides all the music genres in every combination imaginable which is where my attention wanders.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in Part 3 of this thread last October and it just hit me, wasnt October when US iTunes put up Wings music video for sale by mistake? I think LJG247 bought his copy then. But after that, it wasnt until the week of Feb. 15 that the song itself was for sale, even though the music video was available in late Fall.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    If people really are starting to jump the thread, maybe we should consider moving over into the appreciation thread???

Either that or people need to stop complaining about the trolls IMO.

Hope the girls are enjoying their week off :D
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ I'm moving over also :(

I put two posters on my ignore list some while ago, but too many others keep quoting them so the thread has become very negative as a whole -
    Dismissive and didactic statements from the very few promote nothing but a significant rise in 'arguments' and a consequent reduction in even-handed discussions.

The lack of any apparent moderator activity leaves this thread a sorry place to visit...

I would like to bring an old saying to the attention of anyone with an ounce of ***** :- "one rotten apple will ruin the whole barrel" ( or words to that effect):mad:
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    OT: Looks like 2013 will really be the year of the girlbands. Danity Kane have reformed. I'm not too familiar with their music but they've had 2 number one albums. Also Fifth Harmony's first single has been mixed and is being sent to their record label for approval. I wonder if The Saturdays are going to re-try and crack america with their new single Gentlemen?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OT: Looks like 2013 will really be the year of the girlbands. Danity Kane have reformed. I'm not too familiar with their music but they've had 2 number one albums. Also Fifth Harmony's first single has been mixed and is being sent to their record label for approval. I wonder if The Saturdays are going to re-try and crack america with their new single Gentlemen?

No way DK had two number 1 albums in the US. I loved them still got some of their songs on my itunes. What is interesting what I read in the music thread is their name and who own rights. I hope that LM are smart to have the rights to Little Mix name. I believe The Sats have the rights to their name. You never know with Simon and their contracts.

(If they don't get it asap)
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member

The song has been approved it's just whether this will be the official single mix, LA is hard to please....:( But I'm hoping we hear this at the end of the month.

When are Little Mix going over for promo?:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »
    ^^ I'm moving over also :(

I put two posters on my ignore list some while ago, but too many others keep quoting them so the thread has become very negative as a whole -
    Dismissive and didactic statements from the very few promote nothing but a significant rise in 'arguments' and a consequent reduction in even-handed discussions.

The lack of any apparent moderator activity leaves this thread a sorry place to visit...

I would like to bring an old saying to the attention of anyone with an ounce of ***** :- "one rotten apple will ruin the whole barrel" ( or words to that effect):mad:

Perhaps the others feel that their discussion has something to add to the thread hence they keep being quoted. After all this is a discussion thread. Maybe there are one or two on this thread that when you direct the slightest criticism of LM, cant accept it and therefore start the arguments. I dont understand why you are calling for the use of a moderator - could you not argue that those using the words trolls and haters are also not adhering to the community guidelines of treating others with respect?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    The song has been approved it's just whether this will be the official single mix, LA is hard to please....:( But I'm hoping we hear this at the end of the month.

When are Little Mix going over for promo?:)

At the very end of this month.

I'm quite excited for Fifth Harmony's single, mainly because I want it to be "booty-popping" or whatever Dinah describes their music as :D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Were E3 and 5H the two acts XF US was pushing? With E3's single not doing that great I'd imagine there's even more pressure to make something of 5H.

One thing I've noticed on music forums at least is people seem more excited before an act breaks because they imagine what the act should sound like: "They should do X, Y Z kind of song" and then when the actual music comes out these people act disappointed because it didnt meet the expectations of their imaginations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At the very end of this month.

I'm quite excited for Fifth Harmony's single, mainly because I want it to be "booty-popping" or whatever Dinah describes their music as :D.

So am I!!! :D
    Were E3 and 5H the two acts XF US was pushing? With E3's single not doing that great I'd imagine there's even more pressure to make something of 5H.

One thing I've noticed on music forums at least is people seem more excited before an act breaks because they imagine what the act should sound like: "They should do X, Y Z kind of song" and then when the actual music comes out these people act disappointed because it didnt meet the expectations of their imaginations.

Yeah they are the two acts that XF USA still seems to be pushing, well 5H in particular which is strange because on the show E3 were the more popular band. 5H were invited to perform at Fox upfronts yesterday and then had a meet and greet session at Topshop in New York , so Epic and Syco seem to be pushing them around a lot for promotional appearances, readying up for the single launch.

I agree a lot of people will be disappointed with the sound, I'll be happy as long as it's a pop track that's got a hook.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^I'm still new to all this, so its been surprising to me to see this replayed constantly with music acts. People really set themselves up for disappointment by loading personal expectations on an unknown instead of just letting them find their feet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    I dont understand why you are calling for the use of a moderator - could you not argue that those using the words trolls and haters are also not adhering to the community guidelines of treating others with respect?

To a degree - however, respect should be given first if one is to expect respect in return.
    Criticism is fine in moderation - constant derision, which engenders only irritated responses, is not conducive to measured discussion... all it does is provoke/bait and not in a good way.
    As for the use of - or presence of - a moderator , surely this speaks for itself. All other forums I have ever frequented have them and they would demand better behaviour than has been present on this thread in recent weeks imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^^I'm still new to all this, so its been surprising to me to see this replayed constantly with music acts. People really set themselves up for disappointment by loading personal expectations on an unknown instead of just letting them find their feet.

I think it's absolutely fine if a new act decides to take the easy option and do what will sell in order to build a much stronger fanbase and then with the second album maybe they can experiment with different sounds.

I'm really excited for Little Mix's second album, I want to hear more Leigh Anne solos!!! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really excited for Little Mix's second album, I want to hear more Leigh Anne solos!!! :p

Me too, but I want to hear how they've all come along in the recorded vocal department since they're still improving so dramatically in the acoustics. I'm very curious to see if or how Perrie's tonsillectomy affected her recording voice from one album to the other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Me too, but I want to hear how they've all come along in the recorded vocal department since they're still improving so dramatically in the acoustics. I'm very curious to see if or how Perrie's tonsillectomy affected her recording voice from one album to the other.

Me too, I think with the second album LM will be taking more risks. I want to see some collaborations as well but not the generic 'add a rapper' as a feature. I want to hear a proper duet, imagine Little Mix featuring Bruno Mars :eek::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is fascinating - LM being introduced to the hard of hearing!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTC0FlE13wA

:D :cool:

Just listened to PIO again - still a fabulous track imo :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's pretty nifty. Some of the signing gestures would fit in the choreography.

I never get tired of that outro, never.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imagine Little Mix featuring Bruno Mars :eek::p

Nooooo! He's all over the place here and he sounds whiny!

I want to hear them duet with musicians. Their vocals + killer instrument playing (like Baba O'Riley live at Albert Hall with Nigel Kennedy).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BDY1dWvzJA
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nooooo! He's all over the place here and he sounds whiny!

I want to hear them duet with musicians. Their vocals + killer instrument playing (like Baba O'Riley live at Albert Hall with Nigel Kennedy).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BDY1dWvzJA

I dont know - but every time I see Bruno Mars these days he is morphing more and more into Michael Jackson!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jesy's natural hair.
    https://twitter.com/LittleMixOffic/status/334330043373342721/photo/1

Omfg she's gone from attractive to omfgsuperamazingattractivehotness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    I dont know - but every time I see Bruno Mars these days he is morphing more and more into Michael Jackson!!

I actually mistook a Chris Brown song on the radio for MJ recently. I thought Why are they playing Michael now? Maybe its a trend or something with male vocalists.
This discussion has been closed.