Who stood out for you in the Corrie live ep?

Comments

• dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane, Chris and Sally, hope Peter lives!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Jane Danson was outstanding
  • Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    Sorry if there's already a thread on this.

For me the parts of Leanne, Molly and Sally were played brilliantly. Jane Danson was incredible imo, and so was Vicky Binn's....I actually think her scenes this week have been the best performances she has ever given. I've disliked Molly a lot lately but did shed a tear during her final moments on screen.

Chris Gascoyne (Peter) was also incredible during the episode, the scene at the end when he flatlined was heartbreaking.
    I really hope he's not dead because I would be gutted, Peter is one of the best characters on the show imo and is played by a stand out actor in whatever scene he is in.

Anyway I really enjoyed the episode, didn't notice any mistakes. The whole thing was brilliant.

I agree all of the above. I was disappointed in Clare's performance. Tilsey was a bit wooden.
  • Peter30Peter30 Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    Most of the cast turned in great performances, but for me the absolute star of the show was Jane Danson. Outstanding.

I know this thread isn't about the negative, but I was a bit disappointed with Sally, especially during the big reveal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leanne and Sally.
  • smashboxsmashbox Posts: 4,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Danson! I thought they were all good to be fair though.
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought everyone was very good.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Kylie. I don't rate the character, and she wasn't in it for long, but I was impressed by her acting.
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane Danson and Chris Gascoyne were exceptional but the whole cast did extremely well.Well done to them all.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leanne, becky, peter, john, molly and sally all excellent
  • princesstinprincesstin Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Danson was incredible.

Apart from her I 'enjoyed' (if that's the right word for a tragic episode like this) Simon Gregson's, Kat Kelly's, Alison King's, Sally Dynevor's and Graeme Hawley's (John) performances the most.

Pleasant surprises- Ben Price (I know some are slating him, but I don't know, maybe I thought he was going to much worse than he was!!) and Paula Lane (Kylie).

Honourable mentions for believably playing out difficult scenes live on TV-Jennie McAlpine (giving birth), Vicky Binns (dying), Mikey North (PTSD), Chris Gascoyne (getting married whilst at death's door, then flatlining).

Honourable mention for believably delivering the line that finally made me break down and cry for the first time during tram week-Chris Gazey: (Sorry paraphasing-I can't think straight at the moment): "I'd rather it [the sight of Ashley's body] was in my mind than in Claire's".

Honourable mention for believably delivering the other line I remembered and emphasized with the most-Ryan Thomas (Paraphasing again-ok, I didn't remember the line that well!): "I want to get drunk. I wanted to get absolutely bladdered, so wasted that I forget where I live". (I don't blame you, Jason mate, I'd want to forget that I live on what remains of Coronation Street too!)
  • masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    Leanne and Tyrone
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if there's already a thread on this.

For me the parts of Leanne, Molly and Sally were played brilliantly. Jane Danson was incredible imo, and so was Vicky Binn's....I actually think her scenes this week have been the best performances she has ever given. I've disliked Molly a lot lately but did shed a tear during her final moments on screen.

Chris Gascoyne (Peter) was also incredible during the episode, the scene at the end when he flatlined was heartbreaking.
    I really hope he's not dead because I would be gutted, Peter is one of the best characters on the show imo and is played by a stand out actor in whatever scene he is in.

Anyway I really enjoyed the episode, didn't notice any mistakes. The whole thing was brilliant.

Agree with you about Peter. Hope they haven't killed him off as the love quadrangle with Leanne , Nick and Carla is very interesting.

I agree that they were all good considering how much was packed into that hour. It's been a brilliant week. Can't help feeling sorry for the actor who played Ashley - he's been there so long. Must be a bit like a real death.
  • rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    Alison King, Julia Haworth, Chris Gascoyne and Sally Dynevor were phenomenal in my opinion.
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought most of them did very, very will tonight. But particularly Molly, Sally, Leanne, Peter, Steve and Gary for me (there's probably more that I've forgotten!)
  • LisaB599LisaB599 Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jane danson
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane and Vicky :) Amazing actors
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was an excellent performance all round. Jane Danson, Vicky Binns, Sally Dyenvor. However, it was an excellent ensemble performance by all of the cast which is indicative of the soap itself. It was pure quality drama and anyone that says that soap can not reach the heights of intense drama needs to watch this program. The production team and the backstage team needs to be given an equal amount of praise for maintaining a smooth set of transitions throughout the episode. It was television history that was made tonight.
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    I thought Jane Danson was really good too. I thought Fizz was terrible, I have had 3 kids and contractions were strong but no way did I scream like a banshee like she did, way ott imo.
  • MODTLMODTL Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Gascoyne and Jane Danson stood out in particular for me as well as Vicky Binns who 'died' very well live on screen.
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was out tonight so missed Corrie!

What happened about Molly's baby? Has she announced who's the father yet to Tyrone or Sally?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was out tonight so missed Corrie!

What happened about Molly's baby? Has she announced who's the father yet to Tyrone or Sally?

With her last breath, she told Sally about the affair & revealed Kevin as the father.

And just to add to the topic - I thought Vicky Binns (Molly) wasn't too bad tonight either. I actually felt sorry for the character - she did some cruel things but didn't deserve to die.
  • Mrs CMrs C Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Danson was outstanding as was Peter Barlow.
    Fantastic episode - was impressed by how realistic it felt!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Leanne stole the show. But Sally was great too.

Sean's whimpering throughout was awful though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me my stand outs were

Jane Danson : Completly stole the show

Along with

Chris Gascoyne, Vicky Binns, Sally Dynevor & Sue Nicholls
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favs were Sophie/Sian Leanne, Carla,Molly,Sally

But Nick,David and Janice came across believable as well.

If I had to pick the best performance though probably would be Vicky Binns this whole week she has been amazing.