who should stay and go next series judges/ pro dancers and presenters

treetreetreetree Posts: 1,926
Forum Member
✭✭✭
the goes for me are
judges
Alisha - for hopefully karen hardy the 3 male judges are ok for me

Jarod, Katya, and Vincent for definate

im not fan of Natalie but id like to see her back but only with a Lemon (shes got lucky with her celebs )- ie how do u think shed have done with someone like peter shilton for example

and bring back Ian

and presenters - Brucie been great and now im afraid not so - and tess again id like to see a change there

Comments

• pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member
    Presenters: I'd retire Bruce, and ideally Tess but realistically 2 new presenters may be too much for the show.

Pros: I'd get rid of Jared and invite Ian back.

I'm happy with the judging panel and don't want it changed for another year or 3. I think Karen is happy doing what she's doing - choreography corner and other bits and bobs on ITT, her dance school and judging real ballroom and latin competitions.

I'm more interested in them sorting out some of the things which didn't quite work for me in the results show and ITT. But that's for another thread...
  • LoobyLouThe1stLoobyLouThe1st Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    I'd also swap Karen for Alesha, although I would keep the male judges. Much as Craig irritates me when he spoils a perfect 40 score for someone when I think it deserved it, he is by far the most honest judge I think.

Pros to ditch

Christina R
    Jared

In their place I would bring back Darren and Lilia. It hasn't seemed the same without them this year

Of the ones to keep, the one I would be most disappointed if he doesn't have his contract renewed is Artem. He has shown a real flair of choreography, he is charming when being interviewed, he stands back and let's his partner take the applause and doesn't try to hog the spotlight and the fact he is more than easy on the eye brightens up my viewing whenever he appears.
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I don't mind the judges or the dancers although I would love Ian back! I don't really care if Brucie or Tess go but if Bruce does I want Graham Norton!

I don't think they should cull any dancers this year as we have had 6 new ones in the last two years and it will get to be too much. I would also like to get rid of the dance troupe and go back to seeing the professionals, but I think that's possibly only because I don't know any of the girls, its just not enjoyable if you don't know them! Also the dance troupe dances were pretty boring compared to some of the 2009 pro dances

I agree I would prefer they sorted out the show's format!

1) Judges have same set criteria so they know what to take marks off for, instead of ignoring lifts and mistakes

2)No judge scores or comments for final 2.

3) Get rid of hoever is trying to force controversy into the show! I think the show has always had the right balance of being light relief compared to X Factor's torrid controversy and in fighting, all we used to have was the occasional strop or storm out from Brendan or judges tussle and that's the way it should be. The atmos this year has been nasty!

4) Stop trying to force the audience to do standing ovations for every flippin dance! At the end you can usually see Brucie trying to get them up, it's just silly, if it moves them it moves them, if not leave them alone!

As for ITT that should be left well alone it is an awesome show, I love Craig on a Monday, Karen's Choreography corner, Erin and the Machine, I love that they have a separate dress panel now so there is more time on Friday panel. I don't mind Dr Len either, and I love all the pro dancer segments! The best improvement has been how they have made lots more room for the Friday panel though.

And obviously Claudia is the best thing about the sshow!:)
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BMLisa wrote: »
    Erin and the Machine

R.I.P. :(

(The machine that is...)
  • SideshowStuSideshowStu Posts: 11,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Er...I'd keep Craig. Not too bothered about anyone else, but I would bring Ian back next year and lose the forgettable Jared.

I also never want to see naff props, faffing abaht, and half-baked theme nights ever again...
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Er...I'd keep Craig. Not too bothered about anyone else, but I would bring Ian back next year and lose the forgettable Jared.

I also never want to see naff props, faffing abaht, and half-baked theme nights ever again...

mmmmm would have to swap the partners round a bit don't think Aliona and Ian go together! Maybe natalie and Ian and Aliona and Brendan then, although I think Aliona and Artem would look great together!
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would get rid of -

Bruce
    Len
    Jared
    Robin
    Kristina
    Katya
    The "pro dance group"
    The props
    The over-long VTs

I would ask back -

Ian
    Matt C
    Darren
    Lilia
    Karen for judge
    Group dances with pros and/or celebrities
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Me - I'd leave the judges alone - Alesha has grown into it this year - and while her grammar still irritates me - the comments are much improved on last year.

Pro dancers...I would lose the awful Jared and Kristina and reinstate Darren and Lilia although I'd understand it if the pair of them told the Beeb where to go as they seem to be involved with SCD spin offs elsewhere these days. I want to see Ian back too - time to give Brendan a rest Michelle did a lot better with Ian the week Brendan had to go back to NZ! Natalie can come back - but she HAS to have a turkey next time two good partners on the trot isn't fair on the rest

And yes its definitely time for a farewell to Bruce. He was absolutely awful last night - well past his sell by date!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also think Alesha has earned her place this year, and she pretty much showed the other Judges up in the final last night.

I would keep all the Judges the same, even though they irritate me.

I'd get rid of Bruce, Anton, Jared, and Aliona.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say Alesha out, and Karen Hardy in as judge. Brucie and Tess can stay. And bring back pro-dancers Matt Cuttler and Ian Waite, and drop Jared and Artem.
  • JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alesha has grown into her job this year.
    The only pro I would drop would be Jared ( too inexperienced)and Bruce absolutely HAS to go, Len too.
    Also ditch the props and the unknown dance troupe.If they are kept, we must be allowed to get to know them properly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely chuck:
    Bruce.....before it becomes really embarrassing
    Tess.....total chemistry-less idiot. Summed up last night when she grabbed Kara’s bad arm. She never got a loud a cheer as Claudia did.
    Brendan....boring.
    Anton and the joke dancer.....keep Anton with a good dancer or make him host. James should have the real duffer if there has to be one.
    Costumes.....more is more and less slutty.....and more is more flattering.
    Aliona.....she had potentially the best male dancer ever and SHE was very, very poor.
    Pro-group.
    PROPS and themes.

Keep:
    All the judges they have been far less irritating this year but wholly inconsistent.
    No dance off so there is never another Snowdon year.

Add:
    I want to see the voting percentages.
    Saturday results show or live Sunday one.
    Ian and Matthew Cutler back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd get rid of:
    - Len (A disgrace last night)

And replace him with:
    - Karen Hardy

Pros I would get rid of:
    - Jared (Didn't really fit in)
    - Anton (Can't see where he can progress from here)

And bring back:
    - Darren
    - Ian Waite
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    Chuck - bruce, tess, jared, robin, anton, Charleston
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd change....

Ditch Alesha and change to Karen as a judge. Alesha knows nothing technical and Alesha's "done the show before" doesn't give anywhere near enough expierence to be a judge. She has to judge Charleston's which she's never done before not to mention contestants are dancing some dances better than she ever did.

Pro's - 14 couples again but ditch Jared, another pro maybe Robin :( and Anton (although maybe put him as a group dancer like Darren etc this year but only in ballroom). Bring back Matthew, Ian and Darren. Also ditch Aliona and Kristina and bring in a new pro and Lilia again.

Show should last 12 weeks with 1 going out every week from week 2 and three dancers in the final, have the 4 semi-finalists doing a swingathon, Charleston and Argentine Tango in the semi-final, 2 faves, group dance and Showdance last in the final and before that just ballroom and latin.

Ditch the props, more group dances if possible, let the pro pick the music this series it's been said they don't. Bring back the dance off but ditch Len's head judge vote so if it goes 2-2 then public vote decides, have a LIVE sunday results show.

And after the show's finished reveal voting percentages. :mad:
  • MarySMaryS Posts: 1,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Len,Bruno,Anton,Robin & Jared should go & if possible bring back Matt Cutler.
    Most of all,i want Brendan to stay.It wouldn't be Strictly without him & he's the main reason i watch.
    If i can just add,please get rid of the props & stupid outfits.Also,the judges are giving out far too many 10's,ridiculous.I also thought it wasn't fair to suddenly change the rules this year & allow countless lifts.
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww, poor Jared. I would keep him, if only because it was his first year and he didn't stay for very long. I would give him another chance. If he makes no impact next year, that I'll chuck him. Same with Robin. He lasted a bit longer, but didn't really make a splash.

I would get rid of Anton. He's way past his sell-by-date. He was a bit of a joke before Ann, but now would anyone take him seriously even with a fab celeb next year?
  • friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not convinced swapping Alesha for Karen would be that great an idea. Karen is more knowledgeable on dance but I don't know as her criticising other professionals would go down that well. Alesha for all her lack of knowedge of dance does sometimes say things that make sense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Go: Bruce, Tess, Aliona, BRUNO (can't stand his exaggerated behaviour. Why can't he keep seated?!), the Sunday non-live results show, the showdance troupe.

Stay: Claudia, Flavia, the fact that there isn't a dance-off, the charleston, the fact that everyone got to do two dances before someone was sent home.

Return: Matthew and Ian, wouldn't mind Darren either.

New: Karen as judge.

Please replace Bruce and Tess with new presenter(s) who has already been on the show, such as Anton or Matt Baker.

Totally agree with:
    Costumes.....more is more and less slutty.....and more is more flattering.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please replace Bruce and Tess with new presenter(s) who has already been on the show, such as Anton or Matt Baker.

Gethin Jones would be great - he was excellent on ITT this year.
  • joules22joules22 Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely let Brucie and Tess go. Judges? Keep Craig, but Len is past it, Alesha doesn't know what she's talking about and Bruno is just embarrasing and very silly.

Dancers wise? I loved Darren and Lilia, and Ian. Ola and James are great. Not so keen on Natalie or Aliona. I love Erin, but perhaps Anton could replace Brucie?

Karen Hardy would be an asset either continuing or moving to be a judge.
  • ejakejak Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me I'd like to see Brucie manage another year I'm indiferent about Tess.
    The judges Well I'd keep Craig, Alesha because I do think you need someone who has experienced the same process as the dancers, Bruno like tess I'm indifferent about and Len definately needs to go, very erractic marking this year. I'd like him replaced for the lovely Karen Hardy.
    Dancers for me would be dump Jared the overly gushy Natalie and bring back Ian and Lilia.:)
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's already a thread about the pros, but for what it's worth:

I'd get rid of Jared and Robin and bring back Matt and Ian. Jared was just awful, even in the pro dances he looked out of his depth - and he was especially shown up dancing with Ola last night. Robin did nothing to impress me, I wasn't taken by his choreography and I'd much rather see Matt and Ian back.

I'm not Katya's biggest fan and usually hate her choreography, but she did well with Gavin this year and deserves another year.

Aliona's choreography may not be to everyone's taste, but they made the final, so she deserves another year.

I like Natalie, but I agree she should have dud next year.

I wouldn't be bothered at all if Anton and Erin left, and they're the two I'd axe if the producers want space for a couple of new faces in the pro line-up.

Judges: Get rid of all but Craig if possible, although I could put up with Alesha again. Bruno and Len are just woeful. I'd love to see Karen or Camilla judging, or even Erin if she's not in the pro line-up. Then bring in a new face or two who actually knows what they're talking about.

Presenters: Get rid of Bruce and Tess, love the idea of Gethin taking over. If Claudia's still going to do the results show, she needs a better role.

Show in general:

No props
    No lifts except in AT, Charleston, AS (only 2) and maybe salsa.
    Rules properly enforced.
    AT and Charleston kept for the semi-final.
    Ditch the swingathon and reinstate the competitive group Viennese Waltz
    Ditch the showdance troupe
    More proper pro routines like we used to get in series 4-6, not the rubbish theatrical stuff they were forced to do this year.
    Musical guests must have a pro couple dancing to them, we didn't get enough showdances from pro pairings this year.
    Vincent and Flavia's AT slot in the quarter-final restored.
    If there has to be themed nights, then make them good ones like the movie night and Blackpool and not tacky like the Halloween one.
    No shameless over-promotion of one contestant, and no joke contestants for that matter either.
    A new cameraman who actually shows us the dancing.
    Ditch the smoke machine and lighting effects, I'd quite like to see the footwork.
    Costume department to remember when they used to be good - series 5 especially. And stop being over-ambitious and just generally making dresses look cheap.
    If Tess has to stay, sack whoever wrote her autocue all series and replace them with someone who actually knows how to write decent questions/comments that don't involve contestants' love lives! :rolleyes:

But most importantly: live results show on a Saturday night, an hour or so after the main show. Sunday night is impossible as it's a total waste of resources and the contestants' time to do a live show for half an hour on a Sunday and make them work a 7 day week, but Saturday they're there anyway.

And an ITT special after the final would be great, with ITT restored to its former glory rather than the tacky dance psychologist and Len's clinic slots of this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    For me I would want to make all the following changes, not sure all in one series is a good idea as change should be incremental. I have liked some of the things they have altered this season such as the new set and the theme nights (they worked for me especially the halloween one)

Presenters - I think Tess is actually very good in the role she is in supporting the celebs, and they have all said on ITT that they value her support and protection. Not sure she would be a wise move to main presenter. I think Bruce has been amazing but its probably time for him to move on whilst he is on a high. There are a few celebs that could take over, but my favs would be Graham Norton, John Barrowman, Aled Jones, Gethin Jones, Julian Clary

Judges - I like Len Craig and Bruno and think they work well together. I think Alesha has grown into her role very well and has made some insightful and helpful comments this season. I do admit her grammar grinds, but I think it would be foolhardy to rejig the judges again this soon.

Professionals - Lets loss Kristiana and Jared. Lets bring back Ian, Matt and Karen

Please lets have more professional and contestant group dances

Please lets have an ITT at the end of the final

Please keep Claudia doing ITT and keep that format the same
  • luckyladyluckylady Posts: 1,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd bring in Camilla a s a judge and get rid of Alesha.

I'd dump Jared as he was out of his league on this show. Have never reallytaken to Katya or Aliona either

Definitely bring back the dancing god that is IAN! The show lacked class and sparkle without him.

I'd also ditch the tacky props - it was far too schmaltzy this year - trying to emulate Dancing with the Stars!