Camera Memory Card- Potential Embarassment

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am putting together an album for my OH and plan to use our digital camera. My home printer is terrible so I was thinking of taking the memory card to the nearby store and printing them off there. Think this can be done?

The problem is that there are some images of us in the nuddy (:o) on the camera- which I have deleted from the camera.

They won't show up on the memory card will they? That could be embarassing.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Comments

• dollymariedollymarie Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you've deleted them from the camera, then you've deleted them from the memory card, so no, they won't show up. :)
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nudge nudge wink wink
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it is possible to recover deleted files from a memory card, in the same way as you can from a hard disk.

It would be very unlikely that store staff would try to recover the files off the card, and you can always do one of those print while you wait kiosks in boots and they won't even see the photos you do want.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everybody, much appreciated!
  • StoppingServiceStoppingService Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

It'll be the same as for files "deleted" from a PC's hard disc - they can be recovered with the use of file restoration software if they haven't been overwritten by new data. However, high-street "copy shops" aren't in the business of doing that (they do printing) and their standard equipment won't include that function.

The greatest real risk is that your camera moves "deleted" images to a "Trash Can" / "Recycle Bin" rather than deleting those - that's just a standard folder of which normal equipment can read the contents!

Check the camera doesn't have a "Recycle Bin" and if it does, clear it!

Regards
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    If you're paranoid, copy all the pictures onto your PC and then copy only the relevant ones onto a memory stick and hand that in for printing.

Thing is, whilst most shops will probably act with discretion, you never know whether there's some lecherous little nerd working there who takes it upon himself to try to recover pictures from every memory stick he touches in case he finds anything juicy.

These days you can buy a decent photo-printer (Canon ones are excellent IMO) for about £60 so why not treat yourself for xmas?

Also, the best printer in the world will produce halfassed results with photocopier paper. Buy a couple of packs of decent photo paper and only use it for special prints. You'll be amazed (and I'm not exaggerating there) at the difference.